Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

They Had Breakfast Together

It wasn’t even eight o’clock when the party was in full bloom. Jack and I had arrived fairly early and we watched as the place filled up with more people every minute. By eight o’clock, Jack had already had five beers and was slightly drunk. I was just tipsy, only from two beers. I’m a lightweight, what can I say? The music was playing loudly, people were dancing and already there were people heading upstairs to the bedrooms. I shook my head at them, wondering how could they do that. That’s why I never drank, but with Alex being an asshole to me I decided to just let loose and have fun with Jack.

“Kit Kat!” Jack yelled over the noise. “Dance with me!” I nodded and he pulled me to the dance floor. I was worried that Alex and Lisa were going to make a scene but dancing through the hour proved my paranoia wrong. Jack and I danced for an hour before I decided to go outside for some air. You can only take so much of the sweating people at a party before you need fresh air. I stepped outside onto the host’s patio and leaned against the railing facing the pool. There were people every where in the pool, swimming drunk.

I shook my head. It had to be dangerous to drink and swim. Of to the corner of the pool were some people smoking. It didn’t smell like cigarettes, so I assumed it was marijuana.

“Hey, Kit Kat,” Jack said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I laughed and turned to face him.

“You’re drunk, Jack.” I giggled.

“Let’s go swimming!” He said, pulling me towards the pool. I groaned.

“Jaaaack, We don’t have any swimsuits, we can’t just go- whoa!” Jack picked me up bridal style and shouted.

“Cannonball!” He said running towards the pool with me in his arms.

“Jack, no!” I shouted right before he jumped and we hit the water. I could hear muffled cheers and I opened my eyes under the water to see Jack smiling like an idiot. I swam the short distance back to the surface so I could breathe. Jack came up shortly after me. “I hate you so much.” I laughed.

“You know you love me!” He laughed before splashing me and the three people behind me.

“I’m getting out!” I said swimming for the wall and getting out. Jack followed me and picked me up again. “Jack, what are you doing?” He carried me to the patio and sat us down in the swinging bench.

“You looked like you needed a break. I need one.” Jack shrugged. I shook my head.

“You’re drunk, Jack. I think we should just get you home.”

“Noooooo,” Jack whined. He was such a little kid sometimes. “I wanna stay here!” I giggled and stood up.

“Home. I’ll take you.” I said, grabbing his hand. I pulled him to his feet and we stumbled through the party. Reaching his car I realized I only had my permit. I couldn’t drive legally. Mentally groaning, I decided I had no choice but to drive if I ever wanted to get Jack home. I fastened him into the back seat and grabbed the keys from his pocket. I got into the drivers seat, fastened my seatbelt and turned the keys in the ignition. I had enough hours of practice that I could get to Jack’s safely.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at Jack’s house. I was happy with myself and being able to get to his house without any problems. I got Jack out of the car and into his house.

“Mommy, I want pancakes.” I laughed.

“Jack, I’m not your mom. Your mom is away on business, as well as your dad.”

“But I want pancakes!” I trudged up the stairs, with Jack leaning against me.

“I’ll make you some in the morning.” I said, pulling into his room. We were soaking wet still from jumping into the pool and I needed to dry him off. “Jack, where do you keep your shirts and underwear?” I felt awkward asking but I needed to ask to get him changed. He drunkenly slurred where they were and I grabbed a clean shirt and pair of underwear.

“Jack, change into these.” I turned around and waited.

“I’m dooooone.” Jack slurred. I turned around and sighed in relief when I saw he was in fact changed.

“Good, now let’s get you to bed.” I said, laying him down.

“Staaay with me.”

“I can’t, Jack. I have to get back to Alex’s.” I realized how stupid that sounded considering I have no way of getting there without having to call Alex to pick me up. “Then again, you need someone to watch over you…” I trailed off.

“Yay! Sleepover with Kat!” Jack cheered like a five year old on Christmas morning. I needed to get out of these wet clothes first. I had no choice but to change into one of Jack’s shirts. I crawled into bed with Jack and he wrapped his arm around me. I blushed and I could smell the alcohol on him, as well as his cologne.

I really liked Jack, and I noticed the little things about him. Like, how he scratched his head when he was nervous about something or how he got this passionate look in his eyes when he talked about his friends and music. He was so talented at guitar, and he was one of the sweetest guys I knew. Not that I knew a lot of guys… Though, the ones I did know, half of them were complete assholes. Rian and Jack were the only nice ones I knew.

“Kat,” I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Yeah?” His face was closer to mine now and my face became redder.

“What are you thinking about?”

“About how much I like you.” I tell him truthfully. He smiled and I got butterflies in my stomach. His smile was sweet and warm and it was contagious. He made me smile and feel better with little effort. All he had to do was be around me.

“You like me?” He asked. I nodd. “I like you too.” I screamed mentally. He liked me? I mean, I know he’s been hinting and we both have been obvious with it but we are finally admitting it to each other.

“Really?”

“Yeah, Kit Kat.” He pulled me closer to him and I curled into his chest. He fell asleep shortly after our confession and I followed.

-

“That bacon smells delicious but my hangover is making me hard to enjoy it.” Jack said entering the kitchen. I handed him a cup of coffee and some Advil.

“I figured. You got pretty smashed last night.” I smiled and went back to cooking the pancakes.

“Why are you in my shirt?” Jack asked, downing the advil.

“You don’t remember? You cannonballed us into the pool and I was soaking wet so I had to change into something. You asked me to stay and since I don’t have a license or car, I did.” I said putting the pancakes onto a plate. I divided them equally between two plates and set them down on Jack’s table. We sat down and I started eating.

“What else happened? We didn’t sleep together did we?” I blushed.

“No, Jack. However, we did admit we like each other.” I really hoped it wasn’t drunk feelings that he was having.

“I remember that. I was hoping it wasn’t a dream and it turns out that it’s not.” He smiled. My face turned bright pink. We finished breakfast a few minutes later and I put away the plates in the sink. When I turned around, Jack was there and he pulled me close. “I really like you, Katherine.” Forget butterflies, there was an entire zoo in my stomach. He brought my lips to his and kissed me. It was passionate and sweet, but also demanding. Like he wanted me to be his right then and there.

“Jack,” I breathed.

“Will you go out with me, Kat? Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked, cupping my face in his hands. I nodded, smiling like a fool and he kissed me again. I was officially the girlfriend of the one and only, Jack Bassam Barakat.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter! Just needed to release something before I forget to update. The next chapter will be longer. But yay! Jack and Kat! finallllyyyy.