Status: UPDATED EVERY OTHER FRIDAY!

Teenage Casanova

DESPERATE MEASURES

Here we go again.

Harry grinned down at the blonde on the bed as he pulled his shirt over his head. The girl, whose name Harry didn’t bother remembering, ran her hand over his chest, tracing his tattoo with her finger.

“You’re so fit,” she slurred the ‘f’ as her finger hooked around his necklace before she pulled him down to her level and pushed her lips against his. Harry could taste the alcohol on her breath, but instead of pulling away he deepened the kiss and pushed her farther down against the bed. “You sure you want to do this?”

He tugged on the bottom of the girl’s shirt and pulled it up and over her head. He leaned down and pushed his lips against her bare skin, kissing and biting slightly against it.

“This is all I know how to do anymore.”

Okay, so he was feeling down on himself. It was like a big Harry Styles pity party lately. He had messed up, as much as he didn’t want to admit it. He had messed up big time. And he wasn’t quite sure if he would be able to fix it with her.

Kennedy.

What was he supposed to do now? She had her hooks in him without even knowing so and he just couldn’t escape. Even a part of him wasn’t sure if he wanted to escape it. And to be honest…it scared him.

Why? Why couldn’t he just let her go. It was the question of the summer to him. Hat girl comes in, messes with his head without even knowing, and is gone before he even got the chance to know her better. Of course he couldn’t blame her for that. The only person he could blame was himself. And now he was bumming.

He was also slumming it. He couldn’t remember the last time he actually put on a good chase other than Kennedy. For the past week it had been nothing but slutty bar girls who just wanted a bit of company for the night. Basically, he was sleeping with the female versions of himself.

But was that him? Was he really this bad of a person? The more he thought about it…the more he was afraid to hear the answer. If someone had asked him two years ago where he wanted to be in life and what kind of man he wanted to be…it wouldn’t be the person who was here today. And that was the honest to God truth.

How did he get here? How did his life fall apart and lead him down this path now?

Luca. That was the only explanation that he could give. Two years ago when he walked into that country club and met this guy he should have known that his life would flip completely upside down. A part of him wondered if he went back in time if he would have changed anything. Would he have altered the past and gone down a different road than the one he was following? Would he give up sleeping with beautiful women and not giving a damn about anything other than himself?

He wasn’t sure. He wasn’t even sure why he was thinking all of these things when he should just be focused on the girl under him. But the more he tried to rid himself of these thoughts, the more they crept upon him and clouded his judgment.

He had a lot to figure out. The most important things? Kennedy and his life. He just wasn’t exactly sure where or how to start.

“I got to go.” Harry pulled away from the girl and rolled off of her as he grabbed his shirt off the floor.

“Excuse me? You’re leaving?” The girl sat up, giving Harry a completely shocked look.

“Sorry, babe. I’ve got better things to do.”

And there he was, back in full swing. The Harry Styles that he had become. He tried his best not to feel bad about it. She was just some girl at a bar so who cares?

He didn’t even give her the time to respond before he was out the door and making his way down the sidewalk. The sun was just beginning to rise as he glanced down at his feet as he walked.

What was he doing? This wasn’t like him. He was never one to be so consumed in his own thoughts that he would bail before actually sleeping with someone. So why? Why now?

The only answer he could come up with was Kennedy. He was too far into her to think straight anymore. He couldn’t get over her. He wanted to, he really wanted to, but he just couldn’t. He wanted to walk away from her and never turn back, but he knew that it was impossible. Getting her out of his mind was impossible.

Harry found himself walking towards the beach as he left the apartment complex. He glanced at a few girls as he passed by, giving them his charming and irresistible smile in the process. This is who he was, right? He was a charmer. He pulled in girls that were easy and didn’t give a damn about them.

But the more he stared at the passing girls as he walked through the sand, the more he kept imagining her. It was like she was everywhere and he couldn’t understand why he just couldn’t shake her. He fell back into the sand, sighing loudly as he curled his fingers against it.

He messed up as much as he didn’t want to admit it. He messed up with her badly. He wished that he had known that it was her sister that he was sleeping with. Would he have backed off? He wasn’t quite sure. But at that moment…he surprisingly felt a little bad.

Was what he was doing a waste? Sleeping with all these girls and not giving a damn? He had pondered the question over and over again many times. Of course he liked it. Who wouldn’t like sleeping with pretty girls? But another part of him felt bad. No, not even just bad.

He felt a little lonely.

The truth was out. Harry Styles, the man who keeps breaking hearts like it’s nothing, was lonely. He could deny it all he wanted to himself or to Luca; to anyone really. But those feelings were still there deep down inside. He was lonely.

He grew up in a family who was too busy with work to notice him. He fell in love with an amazing girl and she destroyed his heart. He was lonely for attention. For something sound. He wanted to feel whole.

But how do you feel whole when you don’t even know where to start? He didn’t know what it felt like and he didn’t even know how to go about getting that wholeness. A part of him felt like he was destined to be alone. Was there anyone out there that could make things okay?

Maybe she’s that girl. He sighed, thinking over his own thoughts. Was Kennedy the girl for him? Was she supposed to be the one to make him okay again? He had no idea. Hell, he hardly knew her so how could she be the one to fix him? It was impossible.

And yet, there he sat…wondering if what he was thinking was the truth.

He had to figure out a way back into her life to figure this out. He knew she wasn’t going to let him anywhere near her without reason. She hated him. So what could he do to be near her again? There had to be something. Anything, really.

The waves crashed against the sand as Harry propped himself up on his elbows. It had been a while since he just kicked it back on the beach and relaxed. But the truth was he just couldn’t relax. He was caring about something and that something was driving him absolutely insane.

“You look a million miles away, my friend.”

Harry looked up and gave a half smile to Luca as he pulled himself away from the girl who was wrapped around him and dropped down into the sand. He motioned with his hands to the girl, as if he were telling her to ‘get lost’, as he turned back to face Harry.

What was he supposed to say? That he was lost in thought about a girl who hated him? That he wasn’t sure if he could do this anymore?

“Something wrong?”

“Do you ever wonder what the hell we’re doing?” Harry watched the water, not daring to look his friend in the eyes. Maybe being honest was the path to go for once. “Are we making a mistake?”

“About what?”

“Messing with these girls,” Harry could almost feel the eyes burning into him and he knew that Luca would get on him about how he’s too ‘emotionally involved’. Harry sat up completely and sighed, finally tearing his eyes away from the water and looking over at him. “Are we doing the wrong thing?”

“You’re joking, right?” Luca was a bit surprised to hear these words coming from Harry and he was starting to get the idea that he could wimp out any minute and go home. “You can’t just back out on me. We’re in this together, you hear? We said it before we left and we’re not going home yet.”

“I’m not backing out on you,” Harry pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them. “I’m just wondering if we should really be doing this. Sometimes it doesn’t feel right.”

“Harry,” Luca placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder and smirked, “it’s right, okay? Most of these girls just want a one night stand anyway,” he gave a wink to two passing girls before chuckling. “You got fucked over, remember? She hurt you and now you can take that pain and either go home or stay here and have a little fun.”

Harry didn’t need a reminder of what had happened. Hell, he didn’t want to think about it at all. Luca was right. He could run away like a coward and keep dwelling in the past or he could suck it up and do what he did best; fuck with some people.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Harry shrugged it off, smirking a bit. “Fuck it, right? I’ll do what I want.”

“You got that right, my friend,” Luca chuckled, feeling a little better that he was getting his friend back on track. “You get that bird yet?”

“Huh?”

“Erm, the hat girl. You pull her in yet?” Luca grinned as he watched Harry’s face scrunch up as if he was disappointed. “You didn’t, did you?”

“No,” Harry sighed, “but I slept with her sister.”

“Nice!” Luca held his hand up high, as if he was expecting a high five, but when it didn’t come he dropped it and patted him on the back. “Well, I guess that’s it, huh? Moving on now?” he narrowed his eyes at Harry. “Maybe I’ll try to get her.”

“No,” Harry looked at him quickly, his entire face dropping to completely serious. Luca raised an eyebrow at his friend, a little curious as to why he was jumping down his throat over a simple girl. Harry sighed a bit and stood up, wiping the sand off his pants. “Just…back off, okay? I’m gonna get her.”

He wasn’t sure why, but for some reason…he just didn’t want Luca anywhere near Kennedy. Of course he was his friend, but the guy was, ultimately, toxic. And Kennedy was different. She was innocent, to say the least, but she was different. And he wasn’t going to let Luca touch her.

What are you thinking, Harry? Why do you care so much?

He had no idea, if he was being honest. But ever since he met the girl with the runaway hat he hasn’t been able to drop it. He felt like she was a drug that he couldn’t get enough of. Whether it be when she laughed or even when she was pissed and yelling at him. He needed more and more.

“I don’t like being told what to do, Harry,” Luca didn’t bother looking up at him and kept his glance towards more women walking by. “I see what I like and I go for it.”

“You and I both know we don’t play like this. We back off each other’s chases.”

“And what if I don’t?” Luca shifted his eyes to his friend, a smirk coming across his face.

Harry had no idea why, but he wanted so badly to grab Luca and beat the shit out of him. He knew the rules. He knew they didn’t cross the line and go after each other’s girls. They both agreed to it before they started

“You’re so serious, pal. Did I say something wrong?” Luca glanced down at Harry’s fists and laughed. “I’m joking with you. You can have your little hat girl. As long as she’s not the only thing on your mind,” Harry stayed quiet as he tried to calm down. “Harry, what is this girl to you? Why are you freaking out on your friend over some bitch?”

“It’s not like that–”

“Then what’s it like, huh? Why are you so caught up in this one girl? Get over it and move on, pal. She’s not worth it. If you can’t fuck her then you get out now.”

He had to think fast. Think of something to get the attention away from his weird reaction to Luca talking about Kennedy. But what? What could he say that could make a difference?

And then it came to him.

“Let’s play a game.”

He even surprised himself by his suggestion. It had only crossed his mind once and he immediately disregarded the idea, but now that he seemed to have nowhere else to go to get Luca to back off…this was the only route.

“A game?” Luca was intrigued as he joined Harry on his feet, waiting for him to go on. “What kind of game, Styles?”

“Look, I know you. You just love messing with girls and you don’t care who you hurt.”

“True, but what’s your point?”

Harry sighed, trying to rack his brain for something clever to say. He had to do something to get him to stay away from Kennedy…but what?

“Let’s break some hearts,” Harry put his hands on Luca’s shoulder and smirked. “Let’s make this summer something to remember. Let’s fuck with some people.”

“And how do we do that?”

“We go after one girl each this summer. Get her to fall for us and do whatever we have to do to get her,” Harry’s face turned serious once more as he narrowed his eyes. “Then, we break her heart.”

Luca’s eyes lit up at the idea and he smiled widely. “That sounds really interesting, my friend. Really, really interesting.”

“So how about it, Luca?” Harry released his grasp on his shoulders and smirked. “You wanna play?”

Image


Harry sat at the bar, cradling his half empty cup in his hand. Everything was ready to fall into place and all he had to do was wait for her to show up. He smirked a bit, knowing that everything from here on out was about to change. As long as everything went according to plan.

“You look like you’re having a good time.” Harry glanced over in the direction of the voice, leading it to a guy about his age.

“It’s a day of celebration,” Harry placed the glass down and turned his attention towards the guy. “Today everything starts fresh. Something new.”

“New is always good,” the boy chuckled as he ordered himself a soda. “Guess everyone could use a chance to start fresh. I know I do.”

“Not drinking?” Harry smirked as he ordered himself another drink.

“Not today. I’m just killing some time until I meet up with a friend.”

“Girlfriend?” Harry grabbed his fresh drink when it was placed in front of him and immediately took a drink. The guy just smiled and shook his head. “I see. ‘Just friends’,” Harry rolled his eyes. “How boring.”

“Boring? Nah, definitely not boring. I think sometimes you have to get to know someone fully before you can get to know their heart.”

Harry took in the stranger’s words, trying to think them through. Getting to know someone before getting their heart? Was that even something worth doing? Harry had only once really gotten to know someone and he thought that led him to even getting her heart. But sometimes things just don’t work out like that.

So maybe this stranger was wrong. But maybe he was right too. Maybe you did needed to know someone before you can reel them in. Maybe it was better to be friends with someone instead of expect them to just fall for one instantly.

Or maybe he was full of crap.

The stranger got up, slipping some money to the bartender before pulling on his jacket. “I should be going to meet my ‘boring’ friend.”

“Well, have fun with that–” Harry looked back at him and extended his hand, “–sorry, didn’t catch your name.”

The stranger reached forward and met Harry’s hand, smiling. “I’m Zayn.”

“Harry.”

“Have fun while you wait for your company too.” Zayn stuck his hands in his pockets before pulling his keys out.

“And how do you know I’m waiting for someone?” Harry turned back around towards the bar and fiddled with his glass again.

“I’m pretty good at reading people,” he smiled as he turned around, throwing a hand up in the air as if to say goodbye. “See you around.”

Harry pulled the glass up to his lips and took another drink as he found himself alone and the only company he had at that moment was his thoughts.

Harry and Luca stood in the same place, staring each other down. “So how about it, Luca? You wanna play?”

“Why not? You know I never turn down a challenge.” Luca motioned for the two to finally walk as they talked.

“So we chase after one girl. We do whatever we need to so that she’ll be into us. And then when the summer nears an end we break her heart,” Harry shrugged. “Just like how my heart was broken. It can be like a contest.”

“So what happens if you win?”

“I’ll get back to you on that,” Harry looked over at him. “And what do you want if you win?”

Luca grinned wickedly. “I’ll get back to you on that.”


Harry sighed and rested his head on the bar. What was he doing? Was this really the right thing to do? Was this his way to get back into Kennedy’s life? Could he really go through with this?

He had to, of course. If he didn’t he knew that there was no way he could spend time with Kennedy otherwise. So it was now or never. This was going to happen whether he thought it was wrong or right. And at that moment he wasn’t sure which one it was.

He went to pull his phone out as he stuck his hands in his pockets, but came up empty. Where the hell is my phone? It had to be somewhere. He needed to call him. He needed a friend to talk to about all his worries.

The footsteps came from behind him and he turned around slowly, forgetting about his phone problem for a moment.

“Waiting for me, curly?”

He forced a smile, turning fully in his chair to face her.

Oh Kennedy…you’ve got me going crazy and I’m not acting myself anymore. What the hell am I about to do? You know what they say; desperate times call for desperate measures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating on time and doing it yesterday! I got busy during the week and didn't get the chance to finish up the chapter. But I am switching to a new update schedule. From here on out I am going to update every Friday instead of every 5 days. It'll put less stress on me and give me time to work on the new stories I'm wanting to post! Anyway, hope you like the chapter! Harry showing some change? Or is he up to no good as usual?

Question Time:
1.) What do you think about Harry questioning whether or not what they're doing is right?
2.) What do you think about Harry's new "game" for Luca and his reason for doing it?
3.) Who is Harry meeting up with at the end and what is he up to now?

Any questions? You can ask me here:
www.invaderpaynefics.tumblr.com