‹ Prequel: Alive
Sequel: Opposites
Status: Drabble/Complete/Finished

Chained

My Heart is Chained

Image

My love, Christian,

My heart was chained and had long forgotten the feeling of love, yet you freed me from my miserable self and my painful memories. It seemed unreal how you managed to do something I thought would have never happened again. Just like a fairytale our story unfolded slowly and with a happily ever after, but the memories of that time remained in my heart, in my mind, and in my soul.

I was so afraid to unchain my heart and see what you so openly showed me. I was really scared of not being able to control my heart and falling down the black hole I had created since that time. I really thought I’d never love again because betrayal brought me down on my knees.

Even though I became tough and saw life in another more intense color, I still kept thinking of these memories every now and then. I knew that in order to learn how to put my broken pieces together, someone had to break me first, and he did. He broke my heart to mere, tiny pieces, and my insides felt like they were being pierced with poisonous needles taking my life away slowly.

He was my first love and he cheated on me, not even caring about how I felt. He didn’t even apologize but an apology wouldn’t have saved my still innocent heart. Nothing could have saved me then, not even you. I just wanted to lock my heart in a dark place and never feel any type of love for anyone or anything. Alex had hurt me that much.

I was so happy you took the big step towards me and tried to help me. I was glad I had managed to capture your heart without even trying because that was what brought us together. You showed me how the world had meaning again and why I had to trust someone again. I was lost in the woods and you pulled my hand, showing me with careful, steady steps where the light was. Just like that we stood under the bright sun, and I felt like I had gained something. Maybe that was when the first piece of my heart was freed from the old yet endlessly strong chains.

Before I met you, I was just like lip-gloss on a dirty shirt: something without meaning, yet existing. I was the thorn of a withering rose that was trying to hold on to something that was about to die. You tried to share your feelings with me and I kept pushing you away, again and again…

‘’This,’’ you started by pulling my hand to your chest, making me hear your loud heartbeat, ‘is yours Ornela, and if you ever lose your heart…’’ you looked deep into my honey brown eyes, mirroring your own, ‘’I’m willing to share mine with you or even give you all of it.’’

That was when we shared our first kiss, and let me tell you… Alex made me love him, and then he broke me, but you gave me heaven on earth. The remembrance of the past remained but the two of you could never compare because you were so much different from each other, he was sent from Hell and you were sent from Heaven.

Thank you for saving me, and being with me for the last ten years. You are my everything, Christian.

Forever yours,
Ornela.