Wedding Vows

"I'm in love with you"

Adjusting the silver and white tie that hung tightly around my collar, I looked into the mirror. I took a deep breath and smoothed out my crisp white shirt and waistcoat and grabbed my tux from the side of the mirror.

Putting it on, I took a long, hard look at my face. My eyes were dull and lifeless, and I had dark circles under my eyes that made me look tired and sorrowful.

I turned around and sighed, walking towards the door and opening it. I was greeted with a smiling Jaime, who had his hand raised in a fist as if he was about to knock on my bedroom door.

“Hey look you can read minds too!” he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Why am I not good enough?” I asked, my voice breaking slightly at the end. Jaime’s face softened and he pulled me into a hug.

“You are good enough, you’re amazing. Look at all our fans who look up to you, they even look up to me, which is a silly idea considering how much of a complete idiot I am” Jaime laughed, again trying to cheer me up. I sniffled and pulled back from him.

“Let’s look at it this way, he’s getting married in about four hours. And trust me, you can do a lot in four hours” Jaime winked and pecked my cheek, then walked to the end of the hall and down the stairs, leaving me to stand here feeling sorry for myself.

---

Two hours to go.

“Do I look alright?” Kellin asked with a worried expression on his face.

“You look beautiful,” I answered; he blushed and turned back around to look in the mirror again.

“Just think to when I’m your best man and you’re getting ready to marry the guy of your dreams” Kellin said gently.

“What? I’m not gay, Kel” I laughed nervously.

“Vic, I’m not stupid. I see the way you look at me; I can see the adoration in your eyes. And believe me when I say this, if things were different I would not hesitate to make you mine. I-if I didn’t have Cope, and the boys, and if I didn’t have Katelynne, I swear I would’ve loved you like you deserve” Kellin spoke quietly, a lone tear travelling down his right cheek.

I could feel my shoulders shaking and my eyes and throat began to burn. I sniffled quietly and let out a short sob. My legs gave out as I crouched to the floor and sat against the wall. Kellin walked over and sat next to me, sniffling softly.
“Come on, Vic. Please don’t cry” he tried to comfort me. I just shook my head and looked at the floor. I could feel a numb pain in my chest; it was as if my heart was breaking in two.

“Take deep breaths, I need you to calm down” Kellin placed two fingers under my chin and made me face him. His face held a mixture of emotions I was too heartbroken to read.

Raising his hand, he wiped the tears from my warm face. I reached up and held his hand lightly.

“You h-have such pretty eyes, Kel,” I whispered, forcing a small smile. More tears fell down his face as he laughed a little.

“So I’ve been told”

I turned to face him and I glanced down at his lips, they looked so pink and soft.

“We can’t, Vic” Kellin said quietly, looking conflicted.

“I don’t care”

I let go of his and tangled it in his hair, pulling him closer to me. Our lips collided and I could’ve sworn I felt sparks.

And it was right in that second that I decided that I loved him.

Kellin let out a breath through his nose and pulled me closer to him, moving my lips a little, I captured his bottom one and sucked lightly.

With one hand on my upper arm and the other around my neck, Kellin gripped my clothing slightly, as if I would disappear if he were to let go.

And then, the moment came. Kellin pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

“I’m in love with you, Kellin,” I confessed staring into his beautiful blue orbs.

“I know, and I love you too” he whispered sadly, gently rubbing his nose against mine.

“Why can’t you just choose me?” I asked, desperately needing an answer.

“Because I swore I wouldn’t turn out like my dad, Vic”
♠ ♠ ♠
uhh idk it got shitty towards the end and i am v sorry uh yeah