Status: This is the first walking dead fic I've written, so please leave feedback if you have the time: ) thank you

Arrow to the Side

The asshole in the woods

*****Anna's POV

Anna's hand twitched towards her colt .45 , the man ascending the ravine below her didn't seem like much of a threat due to the arrow sticking out of his side, but she wasn't stupid enough to underestimate anyone anymore, not since the last man she had encountered.

She held her breath as the survivor passed wearily under the tree in which she was hiding. He was muttering quietly to himself. He sounded angry and she strained to hear."I know what I saw!"

Man, this guy was out of it.

But that just made him more dangerous. She'd had her fair share of the crazies since, but give her the choice between a drunk and a psychopath, the drunk is usually slower. She was contemplating this when her stomach let out a ferocious growl to rival any stray dog.

Crap!

The man below her looked up. His crystal blue eyes locking with hers in suprise before his foot slipped and he hurtled down the cliff face again. Anna debated with herself. Her brain was telling her to run, to leave the man to fend for himself. But her stomach was telling her that she had no food left, she was a crappy hunter and she was lost in the woods. This man looked well fed. In the end, her stomach won out and she hopped down the cliff face to were the man lay groaning. Gun at the ready, she knelt down to question the man.

"Who are you?" He said nothing.

"Look asshole, I have half a mind to just leave you hear to die."

Still nothing. Anna decided to change tact. In a softer but strong voice she said

"Do you have a camp?" This time the man seemed to respond, he let out a grumble that she decided to take as a yes.

*****Daryls POV

Daryl was astounded at this girls audacity, she looked completely calm despite looking like she hadn't eaten in days. Her Light brown hair was wet and plastered to her pale face.

"Where is it?" She had an strong English accent. Daryl considered. This girl didn't look like a threat. But you never knew these days. She looked innocent enough but if there were others with her then who knew what they could do. Then again there was no way he was getting back to the farm in this state and he had to get Sophias doll back to the others. It was hope.

A rustle disrupted the two survivors from the bushes swiftly followed by a guttural groan. The girls grip tightened on her revolver.

So this girls was more scared than she was admitting. To be fair to her though, she could be no more than 20-something.

He grunted and nodded in the general direction of the farm.

"If you try anything, I will have no hesitations shooting you." She whispered, breath close to his ear

"Understood" He confirmed.

Hearing the the girl hoisted Daryls arm over her back and helped him up.

Okay this girl is stronger than she looked.

"I'm Anna"

"Daryl" He relented.

Anna started to stagger off towards the farm, half dragging the older man with her.

A lone walker pulled itself from the bush just as they left the clearing but the two survivors were gone.