Status: This is the first walking dead fic I've written, so please leave feedback if you have the time: ) thank you

Arrow to the Side

Winnebago

Breakfast was surprisingly satisfying. Her body had been through a lot of stress recently and Anna was grateful for anything. She figured she should find Daryl and puzzle things through. Surely this couldn't work. It was the zombie apocalypse for fricks sake.

But she knew that this was, without a doubt, what she wanted. She looked towards Maggie for info on Daryls whereabouts but the woman looked frustrated and mournful, so she mentioned nothing. Maggie wasn't the sort for pouring her heart out anyway.

As she looked for Daryl she contemplated what she was going to say to him.She had no idea what to say to him and it worried her. There were birds chirping nearby and Anna sat on a log outside the Winnebago to think for a while. She tried hard to think about how impractical a relationship would be with Daryl. But all she could think about was the feeling of Daryls soft lips on hers.

She gave a frustrated sigh and put her head in her hands. This was a problem.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door to the Winnebago closing softly. She looked up to see Daryl and Carol emerging quietly. Daryl gave her a small smile as he passed but her heart was filled with a strange fire that she couldn't figure out.Had they been alone together? What were they doing? Where are they going now? She waited till they were outside before walking to the Winnebago and inconspicuously peering in. It was empty. She felt the weight of a thousand bricks. She felt stupid. This was Daryl. Her hunting partner. Daryl, who she knew next to nothing about, who carried a crossbow and looked for lost kids. Who made her heart flutter and burn. Who was she kidding.Of course Daryl wasn't really interested in her. Carol was more his age anyway. It was just a kiss.They were tired. They were lonely. It was nothing. But he had carried her back to her tent. If he hadn't cared about her, he wouldn't have done that.

She didn't understand so she decided to stop over-thinking this and just forget it happened