Status: This is the first walking dead fic I've written, so please leave feedback if you have the time: ) thank you

Arrow to the Side

All stitched up

Damn! This guy's heavy.

After walking for half an hour with the occasional grumble from Daryl to keep her in the right direction, the pair of survivors finally reached the edge of the woods. Anna's back was killing her but she felt she couldn't complain given that she was still in one piece.

The farm stretched in front of them, and Anna stopped and hid in the trees and left Daryl to walk on alone. She had decided a while back that she wouldn't be stupid enough to just walk straight into the group like she owned the place. Better to wait and scope the place out. She didn't know these people and they didn't know her. That was a dangerous thing these days.
The girl watched from her vantage point in the trees as Daryl limped out to face the group of men running towards him.
She could hear a yelled conversation, and watched as eventually everyone relaxed.

CRACK!

Daryl fell to the floor. Anna couldn't help but let out a strangled scream. She dropped from the tree and started running. The men turned to look at her and she froze to the spot, just realizing her stupid mistake. One of the men turned, waved his arms and started yelling

"NOOO!"

Another man, With thick arms and dark skin, hoisted one of Daryls arms over his shoulder and urged a guy with a shaven head to help him as they took the man back to the camp.
The first man, the one who had shouted looked at Anna and seemed to contemplate what to do with her. He looked her up and down before saying

"You better come with us, but if you try anything, I can assure you, you will lose."

Anna nodded, knowing that she didn't have much choice. She was too far from the woods to run and she didn't want to risk just being shot. Besides, this man seemed kind but tired. If she hadn't had such bad past experiences this would probably be a man she could instantly trust. It was fairly obvious that he was the leader.
She took a tentative step forward and he patted her down and took her gun from her.

"You can have this back when I know we can trust you. Keep your knife in your belt."

Then urged her to keep coming before turning his back and following the other men.
Anna would have said that was stupid but she was in his territory, why should he be afraid of her.
She sighed and followed on his heels.

**** Daryls POV

He woke up in a bedroom. He knew he must have passed out for a minute or two because he couldn't remember getting there. Hershal was hovering over a the wounds on his abdomen.

The old man chastised him for taking his horse without asking. It suddenly occurred to him that there was supposed to be a girl with him, that is, If she hadn't been a hallucination. He knew that he had been pretty out of it.

"Where's that girl?"He asked.

"She's with Rick in the shed, he's asking her some questions."

Daryl made to get up and Hershel pushed him back down.

"Not yet, If you rip my handiwork I refuse to stitch you back up again."The old man chuckled.

Daryl gritted his teeth in frustration but nodded and Hershel left him alone with his thoughts.