Status: This is the first walking dead fic I've written, so please leave feedback if you have the time: ) thank you

Arrow to the Side

Interrogated

What have I gotten into?

After dropping Daryl off with some old guy called Hershel, whom she assumed was some sort of doctor, she had been led into an old shed and told to sit down.

"What's you're name?"

She considered staying silent but decided against it. That other guy already knew her name so what was the point.

"Anna" She said before quickly stuttering out "Anna Lansworth."

"How many have you killed?"As an after thought. She knew her nerves were showing but she couldn't control it. Other people tended to make her brain go haywire.

"W-what?" her heart somersaulted at the abrupt Question.

"Walkers. How many have you killed?" He said it slightly softer as if noticing her discomfort.

"Um, I- I don't know. I lost count."

" How many people?"

"2"

"Why?"

The last question had an odd effect on Anna. She felt like she could relax. He was worried about whether she was a good person or not. A killer doesn't ask why. He doesn't care. He just wants to know if you could slit a few throats for him.

No. This guy seemed like a good man.

Despite this, she knew she needed to be careful what she said. In the end she decided on a half truth.

"I was running away from my old camp, the leader was going kind of crazy. He sent two of his men after me, and I shot them."

These were some of the things that haunted her in the late hours at night. It wasn't that she felt particularly guilty. But she knew that the moment she pulled that trigger, She lost part of her humanity. It cut her deep to think how far she had fallen.

"Okay." The man stated it like she was supposed to know what he was talking about.

She gave him a questioning glance.

"You seem okay. I would ask you to join us but it's not my choice to make."

"Whose is it?"

"You saw that man, Hershel?" She nodded.

"This is his farm. If you want to stay, You would have to convince him."

"Thank you."

The man nodded slowly.

"You must be hungry, come out and join us for supper."

Her stomach grumbled in response and she followed him out of the shed.

"I'm Rick, by the way."

"Nice to meet you Rick."