Status: Finally finished!

Just Another Ordinary Day... Right?

Chapter One

As the ever familiar sound of his alarm broke through what was a surprisingly pleasant dream, Jayy wearily willed his eyes open.

“Ugh, is it Monday again already?”

With low groan of effort, Jayy rolled himself out of the bed and trudged over to his closet.

“School on a Monday should be illegal,” he thought, running his hand through his messed up black hair.

Eventually, after an exhaustingly long hour, Jayy was dressed in his favourite purple jeans, tight-fitting Green Day shirt and Batman Converse, with his hair neatly straightened, and sat at his vanity table putting on JUST the right amount of make-up that he would be able to scare the younger kids out of trying to ask him questions.

“Perfect,” he smiled to himself as he stood up. “Time to get another day of hell out of the way”.

Skipping and banging down the stairs two at a time was Jayy's way of announcing to his sister that she had exactly 10 seconds to be waiting by the front door, or she'd be walking to school on her own.

Jayy always wanted to be out of the house before his mother could try to talk to him, although they didn't really do “conversations”, well not anymore, not since Jayy became one of those “disappointing” boys who preferred make-up and boys, to football and girls.

The second Jayy's foot touched the bottom step his sister opened the front door for them to make their escape. Smirking to himself, Jayy jumped the 3ft gap from the stairs to outside, grabbing his sister as he went.

“Taa-daa!” he grinned as his sister pulled the door shut. “Out the door before mom could even open her mouth. We are getting too good at this CJ”.

“She only tries to look after us,” CJ muttered, straightening her glasses. “She doesn't like it when you come home covered in bruises”.

Jayy just shook his head and started walking the two blocks to school, stuffing his hands in his pockets. CJ walked next to him, adjusting her glasses every few seconds.

“Do you have to keep doing that?” sighed Jayy. “They're not even moving”.

“I don't like them. I don't know why I have to wear them,” CJ pouted, readjusting them again.

“Because you can't see a damn thing without them, dumbass”.

Jayy shook his head and kept walking, really hoping they could actually make it to school without... “Oi! Fairy!”

“Fuck!” muttered Jayy under his breath. “CJ, you listen to me, right... Run! Run straight to school. Don't even stop for a second. Go straight to home room. Got it?”

“Why?” she questioned innocently.

“Just do it CJ! Now!”

CJ nodded and started to run as fast as her skinny little legs would go. As soon as she broke into her run, heavy footsteps started to get faster as whoever had called out decided to give chase. All too soon the footsteps were right behind Jayy.

Quicker than a blink, Jayy stuck his right arm out, just as the owner of the footsteps got alongside him, catching them in the chest and knocking them flat on their ass.

“Morning Gates,” Jayy sneered looking down at the guy in question. “Have a little accident?”

“Fucking queer bitch,” Gates glared, pulling himself up to his feet and fixing his dark brown hair. “What the fuck did you do that for?”

“Why the fuck do you think, moron? How about you think with that pea-sized brain in your head instead of your muscles for a change and leave me alone!”

“Why would I wanna do that?” Gates smirked, getting right in Jayy's face, his brown eyes sparkling with menace.

“Cause if you don't you might just find yourself picking those bleached white teeth out of your ass,” growled Jayy, narrowing his eyes.

“As if a pathetic fag like you could ever hurt me,” Gates scoffed. “What are you gonna do? Hit me with your handbag?”

Jayy pulled himself up to his full height and stared straight into Gates' eyes, a twisted sneer crossing his face. “Fucking try me Gates. I won't hesitate to knock you out”.

As Jayy continued to glare at Gates, he suddenly felt the presence of other people behind him as Gates' group of friends came up to join the mix.

“Got a problem here Gates?” came a deep voice from behind Jayy. “The fag trying to ask you out on a date?”

“He wishes,” chuckles Gates, taking a step back from Jayy. “He seems to think he could actually intimidate me”.

“Haha,” boomed the voice, as it's owner put his hand on Jayy's shoulder. “I don't think that will ever happen, do you?”

Jayy tried his hardest not to let the obvious intimidation work, but with Gates in front of him and, by the sound of it, his best friend Shadows behind him, the bravado started to falter.

“Is this a private party, or can anyone join in?” came a voice Jayy didn't recognise.

“You don't want any part of this kid, so just keep walking,” warned Gates as the owner of this new voice got closer.

“Oh I kinda do,” came the reply as a backpack collided with the side of Gates' head, knocking him back on his ass.

Jayy turned in the direction the bag came from to try and find out who the owner was, just in time to see five guys launch themselves at Gates and Shadows.

Without another thought, Jayy turned and started to run in the direction of school, hoping to make it before being caught by any of the guys he left fighting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like this. This is the first story I've written in a while. Please leave a comment :)