Status: Finally finished!

Just Another Ordinary Day... Right?

Chapter Five

“Where are we?” asked Danny as they stepped into a small cabin.

“Just somewhere I used to come with my dad,” shrugged Jayy, flicking on a light switch.

“Won't he mind us being here?” said Ben, sitting on a box in the corner.

“He... he's gone,” whispered Jayy, opening a mini refrigerator. “Has been a long time now”.

Jayy threw each of the guys a can of Coke from the refrigerator, as they sat around quietly, not wanting to say anything that might upset Jayy.

“So, what are we gonna do now then?” asked James, bringing everyone out of their thoughts. “Sit around in here all day till it's time to go home?”

“You guys don't have to stay if you don't want to,” said Jayy, sipping his Coke. “I'm just gonna grab a few things and then head back out”.

“Anything we can help with?” asked Cam. “It's not like we have anything else to do”.

“I... um... No, it's best if I do it on my own,” said Jayy, tipping all his stuff from his bag onto the floor.

The guys exchanged worried glances.

“What are ya gonna do?” asked Ben nervously.

“Something that I need to do,” stated Jayy, almost coldly, as he began opening random drawers and putting things in his bag.

“You're not thinking about doing something stupid, are ya?” asked Danny.

“Depends on your definition of stupid,” smiled Jayy, moving over to a large cabinet in the corner.

“As in hurting people. Cause if ya are, you can stop thinking it right now,” said Danny, getting to his feet.

“Look at me Danny,” said Jayy, turning to face him. “Do I honestly look like I could be capable of actually doing something like that?”

“Well... no,” admitted Danny.

“Exactly,” said Jayy, turning back to the cabinet.

“W-what are ya gonna do then?” asked Ben,picking up Jayy's Hello Kitty pencil case.

“Get us the hell away from here,” smiles Jayy, opening the cabinet.

The guys gasped in awe at what they saw. There were photo albums full of trading cards, signed baseballs, toy cars still in their boxes and a large lock-box. Jayy carefully picked the box from the cabinet and set it on the floor.

“Where's you get all that stuff?!” exclaimed James, trying to get a closer look.

“My dad,” Jayy said, taking a key from his pocket. “He left me all his stuff...”

Jayy popped the lock-box open and various letters and photos began to spill out.

“I-is this your dad?” whispered Ben, carefully picking up a photo of a guy in a Marine's uniform.

“Yeah...,” sighed Jayy sadly. “That's him. Chief Petty Officer James...”

“Griffis,” finished Danny.

“How did you know that?” asked Jayy, looking at him in confusion. “After he... mom made us use her maiden name...”

“My dad had this exact same photo,” said Danny, picking up a photo of three Marines. “That's my dad in the middle... Your dad and...”

“Gates' dad,” nodded Jayy, with a soft sigh.

“They were friends?” asked James, trying to see the photo.

“As close as brothers, dad used to say,” smiled Danny. “If there was ever any trouble, you could be damn sure the three of them were involved”.

“Did your dad ever tell you the story about this photo?” asked Jayy, causing Danny to start laughing.

“They'd just go out of the hospital cause they'd got drunk and shot each other in the butt for fun,” laughed Danny. “They got in so much trouble for that”.

“What happened though? I mean I'm guessing they stopped talking or something if you two didn't know about each other,” said Cam.

“I don't know,” shrugged Jayy. “Dad always changed the subject when I asked”.

“Same here,” frowned Danny. “Him and Gates' dad always stopped talking when we tried to talk about it”.

“My dad probably did something wrong... he was good at that,” sighed Jayy, starting to go through the lock-box again.

“What do ya mean?” asked Ben, watching Jayy.

“Doesn't matter,” muttered Jayy, pulling out some medals from the bottom of the box. “Ah ha! And here are our tickets out of here!”

“How are they gonna do that?” asked Cam, curiously.

“There's this collector in town that offered me a lot of money for these, and now he can have them,” said Jayy, stuffing them in his bag. “And then we can get the hell away from here and do whatever the hell he want and not be judged for it”.

“Are ya sure about that?” asked Sam. “I mean those were your dad's... And well are ya sure ya want us to come with ya?”

Jayy stood up and put his bag on his shoulder, looking round at the guys.

“My dad would want me to be safe and with people who care about me... Like you guys do. You're the only friends I have ever had and... and I trust you guys with my life,” Jayy said with a soft smile.

“W-with your l-life?” whispered Ben, a little surprised.

“Well yeah,” Jayy nodded. “You've already saved it once today”.

Ben smiled softly and stood up, wrapping his arms around Jayy's tiny waist. Jayy blinked a little surprised, wrapping his arms round Ben's shoulders.

“What's this for?” Jayy asked softly.

“Cause you're one of us now,” smiled Ben. “We're a family”.

Jayy's eyes filled with tears at Ben's words.

“T-thank you,” Jayy whispered, holding Ben a little tighter.

“Alright, alright, quit hogging my boyfriend,” chuckled Danny.

Ben and Jayy giggled softly as they pulled away from each other.

“S-sorry,” smiled Jayy. “Okay, I'm gonna go get this money and some stuff from my mom's house. You guys go grab some stuff too. We'll meet back here in two hours, deal?”

The guys all nod, getting up and grabbing their bags before walking out the door.

“Two hours guys,” reminded Jayy as they headed in the direction of town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave reviews. They'd mean a lot to me.