I'm Still Here

Chapter 8

I laid in bed. Thinking. I didn't really like what I was thinking about. Jessica. I didn't like her. I had woken up before my alarm. I didn't want to go to school today but I did anyway. I didn't talk to anyone. After I told everyone I just didn't want anyone to talk to me they ignored me.

At lunch Jack looked at me with sympathy. Jessica wasn't here today which was fine with me. I didn't like her. She wanted Jack. She was trying to take him away from me. I was going to do everything that I could to make sure that she doesn't take him away from me. Even if I have to give him up I will not let Jessica have him. Or at least I'll do what I can while I can.

At the end of the day Jack came up to my locker. Once everyone left the two of us alone he started talking. He told me that Jessica kissed him at the Bowling Alley. When he said this I felt the tears pushing at my eyes. But I wasn't going to let them out. Jack told me that he didn't want to but isn't that what every guy said in movies and books and stuff? But then they end up with that girl? But then I reminded myself that this was real life, not a book or movie. I didn't know what to say. Why wasn't Jessica here anyway? She seemed fine. I shook the thought away, I didn't care about her.