Status: I deleted "This Is a Dream." for this story 'Cause I might enjoy this more with better imagination. Enjoy.

Child With a Collar

New Friend.

"Their in here, Munchkin" Said the old lady as she opened the door to reveal glowing eye's staring straight at the two of them in a box placed in the middle of the floor.
"M-may I pick one out?" The little girl, Hotaru, quietly asked.
"Go ahead."
Hotaru approaches the box and lowers down on her knees to look inside. Her blue eye's brighten up by the small, adorable kittens crowded in the small area and crying out to her. Hotaru gently picks one up and holds it. The kitten was very warm and it's fur was so soft that Hotaru wanted to hold it forever. As she was holding the one, the others inside the box were screaming at her, wanting her attention.
"I wish I could take you all home" Hotaru whispered to the felines.
"Please hurry, I must be at an appointment soon." Called out the old lady who was waiting at the door.
Hotaru put down the delicate kitten and glanced over all the small bodies, when her eye's caught the smallest kitten that was curled up in the corner, just glaring at her with bright green eye's. Hotaru never seen eye's quite like these before, the color was more bright and pleasant then any other.
"I'll take you." Hotaru said with a sweet smile at the kitten and headed out the door after saying thanks to the old lady.
Walking the short walk home, with her new pet in hand, Hotaru started scratching her head for idea's to name her new friend.
"How about Kiki?" She said. However the kitten didn't seem interested as she watched the feet of the girl move below her. "You don't seem too pleased." Hotaru started to think some more when her house started to become into sight.
She tapped her head, getting a brilliant idea. "How about Eriko! The name Eriko has the meaning "Child With a Collar". Cute right?"
The kitten just stared at her, unamused.
"You'll never be happy with anything I think of, you weird cat." Hotaru said, as she stroked the kittens calico coat.
The two got home, greeting Hotaru's mother and showing her the kitten, then heading upstairs to the girls bedroom. In the bedroom, Hotaru already had everything planned with a scratching post, a small kitten house, and Hotaru also showed Eriko where his litter box was, which was in the bathroom. Eriko looked around the small bedroom and soon started to adventure.

With only a week gone by, Little Eriko has already become used to his new surrroundings. Hotaru was sure to feed him every day and to check his dish for fresh water. For a little girl, Hotaru was very responsible for taking care of her own pet and belongings. However, there were a few times Eriko scratched up the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, and made an apsolute mess of toilet paper flakes everywhere. Despite Hotaru being angry at Eriko for it, she cleaned up the mess anyways.
Hotaru was the only one that would take care of Eriko, and because of that, Eriko got more attached to her then anyone else.