Status: in progress

Walls

Two.

Jack woke up at around midday, glad that he had another day before the school days begun. Alex was peacefully working at his desk, Blink 182 playing softly from his speakers, almost as if Alex wanted to be quiet and not wake Jack up, because one doesn't simply play Blink quietly. It doesn't work that way.
"..she left me roses by the stairs, surprises let me know she cares." Jack sung along as he sat up in bed, and smirked at how it made Alex jump out of his skin.
"You scared me."
"Gathered. So, Alex Gaskarth, what are we doing today?" Jack inquired as he dragged his body out of bed, pulling on some sweatpants, not that he cared about Alex seeing him in his boxers, it was just cold. When Alex tore his eyes away from the papers in front of him and looked up to see a shirtless Jack Barakat, clad in sweatpants that hung low on his defined hip bones, he blushed, and internally cursed himself for making it, whatever it was, so blatantly obvious.
"Uhm, I'm not sure. I had nothing planned." Alex scratched the back of his neck nervously.
"Well let's make plans. Go on Google, type today's date, and Baltimore." Jack slumped into his desk chair, proceeding to spinning around aimlessly, waiting for the search results to load on Alex's laptop.
"There's stuff on in the cinema, Kylie Minogue's sold out concert-"
"Awh damn! Missed out there!" Joked Jack, to which Alex smiled awkwardly. "Let's go the cinema, what's on?" Jack decided.
"Divergent... The Fault In Our Stars... Non-Stop." Alex read off of the site.
"Ohh Tay was going on about that starry fault one. Let's see it." They had no idea what they were getting into.

They planned to get lunch first, as by the time Jack was showered and dressed, they'd missed school's lunch. Alex was anxious. He was going to lunch and then to the cinema with an incredibly hot, seriously nice guy. A straight guy. As friends. He was going to end up getting hurt, not necessarily today, but in the future. Jack would find out his dirty little secret, his sexuality. Jack would hate him, be disgusted. Maybe even feel violated. Leaving Alex to feel like a fuck up, retarded, freak.

"Is that Barakat? Who's he with?" Rian asked. He was sat with the usual group (minus Jack) at their normal bench, which was in full view of the school gates, where they could clearly see Jack Barakat leaving the grounds with a smaller boy, that no one recognized.
"A new kid maybe?" Suggested Jordan.
"Isn't that his roommate? Alex Gaskarth." Tay answered.
"How do you know him?" Asked Rian scathingly.
"For your information, not that it is your business, but I fancied him in 4th grade." Tay admitted, laughing at her confession. "He kind of dropped off the grid after the junior years, I haven't spoken to him since. He was a nice enough guy, but now he is a total outcast. Wonder why Jack's even bothering with him." Tay continued out loud.
"To be friendly?" Zach spoke up, offering an agreeably not very plausible solution. There was a moment of consideration, before the group of four burst out laughing. Jack? Truly friendly? Yeah right. Jack was an arse, and their whole group knew it. He was good at pretending to be civil, but secretly he'd plot people's colourful murders inside his head, always thinking of new torturous methods.
"It's either some horrific prank he's forgotten to tell us about, or he's deadly sincere about this kids friendship.." Tay was right. There were no gray areas with Jack, he was an all or nothing, fuck or go home type of guy.

"You are such.a.girl.Lex." Jack shook his head, laughing at the food choice Alex had just ordered in Frankie And Benny's- a fucking salad.
"Healthy." Alex reminded him.
"Yeah yeah, like you need to watch your weight." Jack was feeling slightly self conscious; yes, Jack, self conscious- shock horror! Jack had ordered a 12-inch pizza.

(SMALL TFIOS SPOILER) When Isaac was speaking in the literal heart of Jesus about Augustus, and how he wouldn't want to see a world without Augustus, and how he deserved more time, Jack looked at the boy curled in the seat next to him. Alex had his jumper sleeves pulled over his hands, and he had his hand covering his mouth, and he was sniffling, and even in the darkness of the cinema, the red around his eyes was obvious. Jack's heart melted, it was adorable. He'd definitely have to make fun of him for it later though.

"Can you open the door?" Asked Jack as they arrived back at their boarding house. Alex looked at Jack quizzically. "I hate touching doors, it's gross."
"Wimp." Alex responded, nervous about mocking the other for the first time.
"Says the one who just literally cried at a teen cancer movie."
"Okay that just makes you sound heartless." Alex stated, and Jack laughed.
"Aaannnyywaayy. I'm going to see the group, wanna come?" Jack offered, only for it to be declined politely. "You will have to meet them eventually."
"Yes, but now is not that time."
♠ ♠ ♠
is it bad that I'm already onto shitty fillers............ hopefully it will get more interesting