Status: in progress

Walls

Four.

(WARNING there is smoking in this chapter if it bothers you Idk)

"Lex, after class today we're hanging out in the woods, behind the sports block. You should come." Jack proposed, as the two were dressing and preparing for the day ahead. It was a part of the day that Alex would never openly admit to enjoying, as he got to see Jack shirtless, and in boxers. And his bed hair, was.. Well, I'm sure you can imagine its perfection. But then, as Alex would make his way to his next lesson, he was always saddened by the fact that Jack was only a mere pipedream. Despite the amount Alex would adore a relationship with Jack, it would never happen. Alex was shy, a background character, and Jack was loud, outgoing, and confident in himself, and honestly, Alex was still relatively sure that Jack's friendship was all a joke, a horrific, sadistic scheme.

"Uhm.."

"Please, Lexy." Jack's eyes and the way his nickname for the other boy rolled off his tongue had Alex like putty in his hands, if it was anyone else, Alex would've said no. After all, he knew what went on in the woods behind the sports block.

"Mkay.." Alex mumbled.

"Yay!" Jack's eyes visibly lit up, and he ruffled Alex's (literally just styled) hair, to which Alex pouted and groaned.

"Dick move." Alex muttered quietly.

"What was that?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"I said, dick move." Alex spoke louder this time, and smirked as an idea popped into his mind. Soon enough he was screwing up Jack's hair, and one thing lead to another, and Jack ended up straddling Alex on his bed, keeping his arms down, both in utter hysterics. Their laughing died down, and there was a moment where they were both quiet, and just looking into each other's eyes, and it was bliss.

"Anyway uhm, we should get to class." Jack shook his head, clambering off of Alex, and checking the his watch for the time. "Shit. We've got 2 minutes." And that's how Jack and Alex showed up to first period chemistry with what could be (and was) interpreted as sex hair and both a little sweaty.

"Have fun this morning boys?" Tay winked. Alex blushed. Jack ignored the comment.

"Lex is coming with us tonight."

"The more the merrick-er!" Zach laughed at his own awful pun, resulting in the others shaking their heads and grinning at their strange friend, and he wasn't even the strangest one. Jack won that prize every goddamn time.

By 4pm, they were all gathered in the woods behind the sports block. Ties were loosened, jumper sleeves rolled up, and blazers somewhat abandoned on the mucky floor.
"Ever smoked before, Alex?" Asked Rian.

"N-no."

"Do you want to? You don't have to, we're not gonna pressure you." Jack assured.

"I want to." Confirmed Alex, nodding his head to prove it.

"And you know all the possible long term effects it can have right? It's pretty shit when you think about it becau-"

"Jordan, shut up. Give the kid a fucking cigarette." Jordan did as he was told. "Right, Alex. Put the end between your lips, hold it there gently, use one hand to kind of support it. I'll light it for you, then inhale slowly. Remove cigarette, breathe it out, slowly. The slower you smoke it, the better value for money. Got it? Go." and Tay lit the cigarette, and Alex's ran through the steps one by one. Once he had successfully completed his first ever drag, he was applauded, and Alex sort of felt half welcome in the group.

"Ayyy it's like he passed initiation!" Zach joked. "Keep this pack. Welcome, Gaskarth." and Zach half smiled, tossing him the box, not that there were many left, but it was the thought that counts.

"Jack, can I talk to you?" Asked Tay. Jack agreed, and followed her further into the woods.

Zach, Rian and Jordan discovered some sort of tunnel, and were messing about like children, Alex just stood on his own, taking in the scenery, and particularly taking a fancy to the strong contrast between the clean air, and the intoxicating cigarette. It was weird, it was bold, and he liked it.

Alex nearly jumped out of his skin when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to see the headmaster. Shit. He immediately dropped the cigarette, stomping it into the ground. The head reached over and took the pack from Alex's hand.

"Are you aware that smoking on school premises is against policy?"

"Y-yes sir." Alex's heart had never beaten this fast.

"So, care to explain why you're doing it? You've been a non-problematic student for all your time here, why go off the rails now, Mr Gaskarth?" There was no point in arguing his opinion; that it's his body, that he likes it, and that he wanted to fit in, because all the head would do is chastise him, like a parent. So he knuckled under, as always.

"I don't know sir. I'm sorry sir."

"Good. Now, is there anyone else with you?" The head raised his eyebrows.

"No sir." And it was believable, because Alex's only friend had been Matt, and none of the teachers believed he had the capability of making new friends, not that he really believed it either, but hey, here we are.

"Alright. Come with me, and we'll discuss your punishment." The head grabbed Alex by the shoulder, and yanked him back over to the main school building.