Timed

Chapter 11

“You're Everlette?” I winced at the name.

“Yes, I am,” she hitched me back up, and I was back on my feet again.

My mind was boggled; I had no idea what was going on. It was all confusing in a way.

“And you are Ivory, I have heard so much about you,” she did not speak with a normal accent; it sounded like she was from another part of the world—like Russia.

Her blonde hair moved along the stride steps she had taken. Without any realization, her hair had collected small roots and leaves from the ground. Each one had been entangled into the ends of her hair.

We began to walk then; our steps were heavy from the mud we had to trudge through to get to where we had to go to next, which was Kentucky; if the guy had refused to say anything, we would hold him against his own will, and threaten him to tell us more about Miles Liverstone.

Tell me, I thought to Everlette.

Tell you what? She responded back.

This time, I had been astonished at the fact she had heard me in her own mind.

First, are you exactly like Claus; you can mindspeak? And, well, who is this guy I am after.

She had burst out laughing, and her laugh managed to make a porch light turn on, and had a homeowner peer out his window to investigate the ruckus. Claus, tell me she isn't serious.

Claus hadn't replied back, he tightened his lips, and carried on walking.

Oh, goodness, he is serious. She gawked at me, and sighed. Well, first off, I figured Claus went looking for me, because I actually will know what I'm doing; no offense on your part, but you are somewhat weak. And, as for the mindspeak, yes, I can. I can do both in fact.

I glanced about, and moved on towards Claus, who was calmly waiting for us by the railroad tracks that had woken us up before.

Trust me, I don't think you're cut out for this, she glanced at me with a serious vibe in her eyes.

Trust me, you don't need to listen to her. Claus had whispered, so only I could hear.

I had chuckled slightly, and Everlette had shot a serious look my way. I shoved the laughing away and turned serious.

The moon was full; it was the call of the two werewolves that had led us, the group, towards the border of Kentucky. The human needs to eat, I heard Everlette shout out loud in both Claus's and my head. We both felt dizzy, but managed to recover. While the others were setting up camp, I managed to sneak around the group and distance myself in the farthest point I could get to in the woods.

I had met a nearby tree, and behind it was an empty field. I dove into my memory and dug up the training that my father and Claus had taught how to do.

Remember, manipulate your opponent; if he is far off on course, it will be easy to distract, but if he comes close, he will have the ultimate power, and it will be harder for you. Kenny flashed through my mind. And then, it was Claus: Throw tricks, and make sure to torment him enough that he is close to death, but is not dead. I nodded at both. I maneuvered my legs, and made sure they were shoulder length apart. My eyes closed, and I could already feel the enemies energy on me.

I caught a glimpse of where he might be in my mind; he was inside of a field, and there was nothing but a moon shining down on him. He was running on four legs, each were covered in fur, and his body had a coat of fur on him, excluding some of his face. He seemed to be getting closer each time I had seen him move in my mind.

I was tossed to the ground, and my eyes quickly opened, and there he was, the great wolf. He threw himself at me, and his ravenous teeth went straight for my neck, but I managed to throw an arm over his chest, and try to push him off of me. Nothing worked; all I could do was scream and hope someone would come and get this beast off of me.

I felt a tooth slice through my wrist, and then a fist had gone over my head and straight into the creatures face. “Get her out of here, and strap him down,” I heard a voice yell. My vision began to fade in and out. I could see dots of black beginning to hover my face.

“If we save her now, we can stop her from slipping into a deep sleep; and you know what that means, right?” Eustace had asked.

“The bite can alter and possibly kill her,” my dad had moved his hands through his hair.

“I want Ace,” I choked out before drifting slightly.

“No, no you don't, sweetie, you need me.” I shook my head at him.

“Ace, for now,” I gasped, and then slipped away.