Timed

Chapter 4

The car door slammed, I was then on the road; once I got a few distances away, my bottom lip quivered into a mini pout. I gleamed out into the open road, not paying the least bit of attention to anything but the surprising tears that began to roll down the high arch of my cheekbone. The tears burned, my vision was blurry-causing me to slide off the road, nearly crashing into a tree. Was this the surprise that had me waiting until I got onto the road?

My hand reached for the buckle. Unlatching, I quickly flew out, arms flailing for the nearest piece of road. Eyes peaking out from the surface of the ground. Dirt began to pile itself on my shirt, nearly placing its own marks on me as I sat up, and arms slowly going towards my stomach. I ached with pain, my side churned with difficulty as my feet stumbled to reach gravity. "I want to go home," I cried out softly, eyes beginning to close and reopen with the slightest touch of my finger going over them both.

"What was that?" Someone whispered, their voice nearing from the closest point of my car.

"What do you want now?" I groaned, head tilted up and seeming to study the never changing leaves that seemed to never get an inch of sun touching them.

"Look at me," the voice demanded from a distance. "You wench." He scowled, his eyes seemed to show a darkly gaze as he spoke in a rough voice.

I gawked; his voice began to beat through my mind like a catchy pop song. "You're not Ace." I backed away, my feet turning into a fixed position. I glanced around, hoping that this was a trick.

"Of course I'm not, however, I am the one that decides whether or not you should live or die." He walked; his footsteps were hushed tone. He didn't seem to blink once as he nonchalantly came forward.

"Who are you?" I questioned, my sincerity progressing through my voice.

"Cullen." He spoke with a wolfish grin.

"McArthur," I whispered low.

"Yes, good Ivory." He stalked around me, closing the gap between us.

"You know my name?" My voice fell to a sullen.

"Yes, it seems everyone in Ireland knows just who this lovely, and frightful daisy you are." He wittingly smiled. His chestnut hair cascaded down into an above shoulder touch.

"Who is everyone?" I questioned. My intentions were cutting low.

"Your parents and that maid of Ace's." He gleamed to the ground as to watch my feet from moving.

My mind circled around, and went back to when Marie had said she has seen my face before. I thought of it as a coincidence. Her lighthearted voice didn't seem to bring back any urging memories. Nevertheless, I thought of it again... This time, a memory kicked in.

In the archway of the hut, there laid a young female, her body frame seemed to be curvy. Her eyes glowed red; they danced to the rhythm of the piano that rapidly played keys to one of Mozart's symphonies.

"Now you know," His smile seemed to fade.

"Why did you come here to tell me this?" My voice turned distraught.

There was no reply.

"Answer me," I appealed.

My eyes darted in each direction; nothing was in either direction but piles of trees that didn't seem to change. No one else was around but me. My legs collapsed to the ground, shaking with severe tension. The shorts that were on my waistline began to defeat me in a battle of breathing. It won.

Colors began to collide, a hint of grey flashed over. I was diving towards a dream. A stabbing pain shot through the irises of my eyes, I felt as if they were gnawing away-chewing itself to bits and pieces of flesh. White would be flung out, causing an explosion of miraculous colors that would seem revolting, yet still be close to being part of me.

"Wake up," a hushed tone spoke. It reverberated throughout my mind.

"Wake up, wake up." This time the voice picked up pace, the voice was dark. Tempting enough as it was, my eyes flew open, the pain from bright yellow and white lights shot fire-worthy pain through me. My mouth begged to open; nevertheless, it felt as if my lips were knitted together.

"Welcome back." The voice was a symmetrical retort.

My hands clasped around my eyes, rubbing them with great grief. My reflection exposed a burning shade of crimson that shot out from the veins and landed into the retina, it displayed a ratifying dense shade.

"Why are you constantly here?" I questioned his hostility.

"You're important to me," He said, his voice starting to go deeper under the normal tone of his voice.

"How so?" I questioned, my eyes fixated on him rubbing a cloth across my arm, a tingling feeling started to take over the lower part of the arm.

"You just are." He said in as few words as possible, his hand limping towards a pack of ice that was nearest my leg.

His fingers laced around the mysterious wound that had appeared in a dark blue, its features resembled a black eye almost-nearly causing my leg to suffocate and become paralyzed from the knee down.

"Ace," my voice rose high with anxiety.

"Yes?" He asked, eyes averting towards the dark red that had taken over my real eye color.

"I think I know someone," my voice broke off, my words now starting to sound vague.

"What do you mean?" His arms now resting on his knees, his eyes were now set on me.

My voice fell a few notches, a pit rose within my chest, causing my breathing to weaken slowly. "I know where I came from."