Status: keeping this alive!

Dreams Only Last for a Night

Chapter Four

"Smile for the camera guys!" Vinny yelled out as the four men huddled together for the photo.

The flash goes and it temporarily blinded Jack. He clutched his drink as he stumbled towards Vinny to see the photo. Zack held Jack by the shoulder, stabilising Jack with his strong grip.

After their concert in Dublin, the guys decided to wind down in this city before they fly back to the States, for another tour. They were taking so many photos, Jack was surprised that the flashes are probably going to make him lose his eyesight.

"Alex, you look stupid here." Jack said, pointing to camera with his thumb.

"I don't look stupid, you do." Alex replied, before he leaned in to see the photo.

Jack blushed slightly as he felt Alex's face next to his. He heard a giggle escape Alex's mouth and Jack turns around to see him.

"You look dumber than I do." Alex said, before continuing. "But at least your teeth didn't reflect the flash like Rian's."

"Hey!" Rian yelled, before shoving Alex slightly.

It was a merry evening, drinking all off the stress away. They managed to explore a bit of the city, walking past the tourist attractions at night. Jack still couldn't shake the feeling of Alex, how close he was next to Jack just now. Alex was just an inch away, that Jack could kiss him without the older boy expecting it.

"Are you okay Jack?" somebody asked.

Jack snapped out of this thoughts, and see Alex looking at him with concern in his eyes. He looked so adorable under the orange streetlights.

"Um yeah, just slightly worn out." Jack sighed, as he pulled his beanie down.

Alex opened his mouth and was about to say something, but Jack and Alex were interrupted as Rian called Jack over to take a photo with him for Rina's Instagram account. The skunk haired boy didn't want to leave Alex hanging, but he had to go. Jack felt Alex's eyes boring into his back as Jack was led away by Rian.

After the photo, Jack felt really bad for what he did to Alex, so he walked next to Zack, staring at Alex from behind. The younger boy found himself admiring the side profile of the older boy, who turned slightly to look at a building.

Alex caught Jack staring and raised his eyebrows at Jack. Jack bit down his lip as heat rose to his cheeks. He pretended to look around, as if the stares were merely coincidental.

"Let's take a photo here." Alex pointed to bricked wall, illuminated by a street lamp.

Everybody agreed, even though it wasn't very interesting as a photo. Zack had his arm around Jack's shoulder and Rian leaned in next to Zack, grinning. Alex was beside Rian, smiling. As the flash went off, Jack started laughing. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like laughing.

He saw another flash of the camera and cursed at Vinny.

Dublin blurred at the edges, as 67 year old Jack was brought back to reality.

Jack put aside the pile of photos, and stared absently at the last item in the box. It was a scrapbook with a black cover. Jack pulled it away, brushing off the dust. He traced his fingers on a peeling Jack Skellington sticker, remembering the time when he got this.

He got it for his birthday, from Alex. It was dedication, showing how Alex religiously updated the entire thing. He had pasted photos of them when they in 7th grade, all the way to when they were are currently. Jack flipped open the book, overwhelmed with emotions as the first page was written in bold.

Happy Birthday to my favourite person.

Alex Gaskarth.

Jack struggled to not let his tears drop onto the yellowed pages as he flipped through every page. Alex recorded down each and every first Jack went through with Alex. First day they met, first time they got the band together, their first concert and many others.

He stopped short at a page, seeing all the hearts Alex pasted onto it. Jack bit his lip, as he sees the photo of Alex locking his lips with Jack when they were 16.

First kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is another chapter but yeah, I'm really sorry for my crappy writing, but i love to take things slowly. ugh