Status: keeping this alive!

Dreams Only Last for a Night

Chapter Six

Jack searched through different websites and yellow pages to find an Alexander William Gaskarth. If anything, he isn't in Baltimore anymore, which makes the search all the more difficult. He took another sip of his coffee, not caring if his doctor warned him against drinking caffeine.

His was on page 39 of the Google results of 'Alexander Gaskarth' when Jack saw something that caught his eye. It was a fan blog, worshiping All Time Low, which last post was four years back. It was something about Alex, although wasn't recent, it was the most recent Jack could get as of right now.

He clicked onto it, breathing heavily as the page loaded. When it finally finished, Jack read through the entire post very quickly, but he got slower as the post reached to the end. Jack leaned back into his chair and rubbed his wrinkled temples, getting very stressed out. Jack reread the entire post once again.

"I've heard that Alex Gaskarth had to be relocated to a nursing home outside of Maryland. It was called The Preserve, an upper-class home. Lisa sent him there apparently, since she was worried about his physical and mental health which deteriorated for the last couple of years... He was living alone, which made it even more worrying."

Jack opened another tab and typed in the 'The Preserve' in the search bar. Multiple results came out and Jack clicked on the first one. It went to a website about a nursing home, Jack knew he got the right place. He started doing a little bit of research by reading up the website.

From the looks of the place, it does look very posh, nowhere near a home for the elderly. It boasts its lush greenery, interesting activities and comfortable stay to suit an elderly's needs. To think Alex would allow his years spent cooped out in a posh elderly prison, Jack thought.

Jack stared out the window, and onto the empty road. Thomas, Jack's oldest son, and his wife have yet to return home. Jack could take a cab out of town to The Preserve, but he didn't want to leave Amelia and Beatrice alone. He yelled out in frustration, clutching his hair. Jack honestly was ready to cry right then, his head throbbed with the numerous decisions he had to make.

Four hours later, Thomas arrived home with his wife, Clara. They were greeted with a sight they warned Jack to not happen.

Amelia and Beatrice were eating pizza at 9pm and watching cartoons on the television in the living room. Thomas was livid, he warned Jack to not let this happen without telling them. Amelia pointed to the fridge, where a yellow sticky note had a message scrawled on it.

The note on the fridge said, "I'm sorry, but it was important. Very, very important. -Grandpa."

At that moment, Jack's cab pulled up to The Preserve. He shoved the money to the driver and mumbled along the lines of "Keep the change."

He breathed in, and push the doors to enter the place where Alex possibly is right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's a new chapter! ^^ hope everybody enjoyed it