Disconnected

12

I paced the room nervously, trying to decide what to wear.

After a very successful day writing in the studio, the boys wanted to celebrate by having a little party at the house. But, it just so happened that all of One Direction were home for a week, and would therefore be at this party. I knew I needed to think of them as just human beings, because that’s what they were, but part of me knew that I wanted to impress them. I mean, they were mega stars, and very good looking boys.

I quickly pulled a dress out of my closet, deciding that it was pretty, but casual enough to look effortless.

I did my hair and make up and bounded down the stairs, finding Mikey and Cal in the kitchen, getting the house ready.

When I entered the room, they stopped doing what they were doing and looked at me.

Cal whistled, and I blushed.

“Is it too much?” I asked them nervously.

Mikey quickly shook his head.

“You look beautiful, Abs.” He said, kissing the top of my head. “Now, help us clean these dishes.”

I laughed and grabbed a dish towel to dry and put them away, as Cal put on music.

We all started singing obnoxiously loud as we did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.

Just then, Luke and Ashton walked into the room, bags of alcohol from the store in their arms.

Cal immediately walked over to help them put it all out, as Mikey and I continued to do the dishes.
I felt a hand brush the small of my back.

“Be careful wearing things like that, Abs. You’re killing me.” Luke whispered in my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine. I blushed as there was a knock on the door, signaling the arrival of people.

Luke went to answer the door, and I sighed. This was going to be a long night.

xxx


The party was in full swing, and I was sipping on my second drink of the night, deciding early on that I wasn’t going to get drunk and embarrass myself or make a bad first impression on people.

I had gotten over my nerves, and got to know the boys of One Direction pretty well, realizing that they were really fun and really down the earth people.

I was standing talking to Niall, Zayn, and Cal when I felt arms wrap around me from behind and a head fall onto my shoulder.

I laughed, turning to see Luke, with bloodshot and sleepy looking eyes.

“Absyyyy.” He whined, his breath reeking of whiskey.

“Are you okay, Lukie?” I asked him slowly.

“Tired.” He mumbled, and I could see his eyes drooping.

“Do you want to go to sleep?” I asked softly. He nodded and I sighed. “Alright, c’mon. Be right back, boys.”

Niall and Zayn nodded and smiled, and Cal smirked. I rolled my eyes at him and wrapped an arm securely around Luke as we went up the stairs.

We got to his room and I gently removed my arm, letting his fall onto his bed.

I was about to leave, when he started talking.

“I don’t like when you talk to them.” He slurred. “I want you to be mine.”

My heart skipped a beat, but I knew it was the alcohol talking, so I shook my head.

“Luke we’ll talk about this in the morning when you’re sober, okay? I want you to remember this conversation, and I don’t want to have this conversation just because you’re jealous. That’s not how this works. You can’t just admit your feelings when you’re drunk and jealous and not when you’re sober. I like you, Luke, but not like this.”

I quickly left the room and shut the door behind me, wanting nothing but to run back in there and kiss him. I shook the thoughts from my head and went to the kitchen, where Mikey and Harry were doing shots. I went over and rested my head on Mikey’s shoulder. He casually wrapped an arm around me.

“You alright, Abs?” He asked.

I nodded once, not wanting him to worry, then I picked my head up.

“Give me a shot.” I demanded. He raised an eyebrow, but didn’t question me, handing me a shot.
I winced as the clear liquid burned its way down my throat, but smiled. If Luke could get drunk, so could I.