Status: I don't know

Only for You

A Girl

Holly felt grown up.She looked ahead of her,staring at the other balconies across her apartment building,stacked on top of each other like a deck of cards levitating apart for some cheap magic trick.She wondered why she ever dreamed of something like this; dealing with big girl situations like moving out of the house,getting a job,and waking up before the sun did to drink some coffee and read yesterday's paper at the kitchen table just like her father used to do.Now that she was already doing these things,she was bored of it.A year had passed since the girl bought her apartment in the city,three and a half hours away from her family in the suburbs of the next town over.

"So...you're moving away?"Sally,Holly's seventeen year old sister asked.

"Yeah...I am."She awkwardly replied,a little bewildered by her own decision.It wasn't like her to be so independent,but she had to be some time or another.

Sally snorted,"Ha.Good luck with that,you can barely say thank you to the mail-man without sweating buckets out your armpits."Holly glared at her.It was true,she was an introverted and quiet girl of few words,few words she spoke anyway.Her mind was a whole different story,it was like a library of dictionaries and thesauruses in her brain.

"I'm hurt.."Holly melodramatically turned from her little sister,wailing like an injured kitten.That was the odd nature of the two.They could be the meanest to each other but it wouldn't offend them in the slightest,the only time Holly wasn't drenched in anxiety and shyness was when she was with Sally.It was the kind of relationship their parents appreciated,as it wasn't easy to make money for four mouths to get fed and dealing with those mouths screaming at each other would have made it worse.

All joking aside,Sally was going to miss her older sister.Living without her would be like losing an arm.Holly was her best friend literally since birth,because Holly really wanted to be a big sister and Sally was her wish come true.

Holly smiled at the memory of her departure.Despite leaving,it was a fun celebration and involved cake,so it wasn't so bad.And the fact that they were only a drive away comforted her.She rested her head with her chin and cheeks leaning on her hands,and her elbows propped up on her balcony's ledge.The morning was very silent.A few seagulls had passed through the sky and the only noises Holly could hear was the busy traffic to the right of her on the street,blended with multiple conversations going on between neighbours,or shopkeepers running their businesses under her.She could distinctly hear a gruff man's voice,the kind you'd hear from a guy the size of a bear and a beard wrapped around lips with slightly stained teeth.It was Gus,running the convenient store under Holly's home,called only god knows what,as the sign was worn through the years and did Gus even bother to fix it up?No.

"I haven't the time."he'd excuse his laziness with that Scottish accent,which brought his heritage with him wherever he went,throwing his voice down like bombs in the street.He was a loud man,but Holly got used to it.She wondered what the big guy was yammering about this time,especially at this time of day.It was only eight in the morning,and Holly barely finished half her mug of coffee and the store owner was already making a big fuss,loud enough to scare the birds off the street lamps.

Holly laughed,the two had grown close in the past year,though it was mostly Gus who did the talking during their conversations.Holly would usually smile,nod and listen,occasionally contributing her thoughts.She looked down to see the Scottish man standing outside,taking half a fist full his beard and stroking it as he muttered.

Just then,a U-Haul truck drove into the parking parallel to the side walk.It's engine stopped and as the door opened,a tall girl,seemingly foreign had hopped out.Holly stared,quite curious of the girl.She was quite beautiful,admittedly.Her skin was very pale,her right arm and left leg had quite a collection of tattoos.Something about her expressed that she seemed to be a bold and straightforward kind of girl.What it was that showed how fierce she seemed,Holly didn't know.But something in her really wanted to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter,good?Bad?