Status: Updated when possible. Not often.

A Daydream Away

Taken Inside

**THE NEXT MORNING**

I walked from Renee's parked car to the front door. The bitter morning chill nipped at my uncovered ears. I tugged my beanie over the tips to warm them at least a little. We had gotten to school early, and the doors were closed. That meant I had to wait until it was time to go in. Great. I stood by the door, and surprise surprise, I was confronted by Callie Carson. "Hey Kelsie." She jeered, her friends (I was surprised she had any) behind her snickering. I rolled my eyes and ignored her, running my hands together in the unnaturally cold weather.

"Do you like Amsel?" She asked mockingly, leaning in towards my face. "Fuck off, Callie." I said quietly with gritted teeth. She laughed. "So you do like Amsel, don't you?" She continued. "Shut up, Callie!" I said, a little louder this time. Suddenly, Amsel came in and separated Callie and I. I guess he had been standing there for a while, because he told Callie to go away. She reluctantly obliged after a few failed attempts at earning his affections. I smiled to myself, silently thanking him. "Want me to get you in early?" He said. "You look cold." I smiled and nodded. He turned around to make sure that Callie Carson didn’t see what we were doing. Once he was sure that the coast was clear, he opened the door and let me in.

I tiptoed in behind him. His mom, who, by the way, worked at the school, was typing away at her computer. She didn't notice when Amsel snuck me into the cafeteria. "Don't tell anyone, okay?" He said with a wink. I smiled and nodded. He left me in the cafeteria. As the double-doors closed shut, I noticed how big the place seemed when no-one was there. Its emptiness sent a jolt through my chest. I felt warm inside knowing that he cared enough to let me in from the cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short... I'm quite rushed most times.