Status: Updated when possible. Not often.

A Daydream Away

Calling Out

I slumped shamefully in a chair facing the teacher's desk. I blew a stray hair away from my face, not wanting to uncross my arms out of bitterness. The teacher's hard stare seemed to rip through me like a cold, unforgiving, severely old and boring knife. Suddenly, the door opened. It was Amsel. Wait, Amsel? What was he...? "Ma'am, Kelsie has been requested by Mrs. McQuatters. It's an emergency, can't wait." he said, gluing his words together hastily. He looked at me and winked. My spirits leapt. He'd come to bail me out! The teacher sighed. "Very well," she said. "Don't daydream in class next time, Belrose." I nodded.

I scrambled out of the door. As it shut, Amsel looked at me. "Who told you that the old hag was keeping me late?" I asked. I needed to know. Trubey laughed lightly. "Daisey," he said. "Mrs. McQ agreed to let me use her name in this because she agreed that this was too severe a punishment. You should thank Daisey, not me." I was at a literal slackjaw at this point. He, Daisey, and Mrs. McQ... For me? For this? I felt honored, honestly. I had never known a Latin teacher (or a teacher regardless) to do something like this. "T-thank you... but you're the one who bailed me. You were the one with the balls to do it. I, uh... thank you." I stammered. He half-smiled in the sexy manner that he usually did. Feeling more confident than I usually do in these situations, I wrapped my arms around him. He laughed a little and returned the embrace. "We have to go to Latin now, Kel. Come on," he breathed.

I disentangled myself from him and brushed off my shoulders. Why, I don't know. "Right," I said. "I'll walk with you." he said. We started down the hall. Since the school was fairly small, it didn't take us long to show up at Mrs. McQ's door. I knocked, and Daisey happily answered the door. "Mission accomplished," I heard Mrs. McQuatters say. I grinned. "I'd say," Amsel said. Mrs. McQuatters was a short-statured, mild-mannered (but she’s terrifying if you piss her off) brunette. Wire-rimmed glasses sat neatly on her face, which was creased with laughter lines and very subtle wrinkles. Today’s button-down blouse (she almost always wore them) was thinly blue-and-white striped.

We walked in and took our seats, which were coincidentally perpendicular to each other. As I sat down, Mrs. McQ said the following: "Don't daydream in my class; I doubt we can bail you out of another one." The class giggled, and I blushed. "Thanks, ma'am." I said with a smile. She grinned. "Happy to help. I never liked Ms. Parker anyway." she said. Ms. Parker was (as you may have guessed) that bitchy Algebra teacher. She was a new transfer and frankly, she didn't know how to catch the hint that kids DESPISED her. She was old and crabby, and she had us elbow-deep in homework every night. I nodded. "You're in the majority, ma'am." I said, and the class cracked up. "Alright, let's get down to business. Open your Latin textbooks to page sixty-nine." she said. I flipped through the pages of my book, all the while flicking my eyes to Amsel.

I know it seems cliché, and it always will, but I was indescribably smitten with him. There's no other way to describe it. I. Am. Obsessed. With. Kyle. Amsel. Period.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo new chapter!