Status: Updated when possible. Not often.

A Daydream Away

Wake Up

The room was silent, as it always was when we did bookwork. (I hope you heard my sarcasm, it was rarely quiet. I mean come on.) I scribbled Latin words onto one of my last pieces of lined paper. I sighed quietly. I looked up. Amsel was asleep. He was so bored, he'd fallen asleep! I glanced warily at Mrs. McQ. She had her eyes glued to her MacBook Pro, probably planning the next day's lesson. Not wanting Amsel to get in trouble, I grabbed his arm and shook it. "Kyle," I whispered. His head snapped forward. "Hmm?!" he said loudly. It seemed like every head in the room (including Mrs. McQ) turned to Amsel and I.

"What's going on?" Mrs. McQ asked, now standing. "Hewassleeping," I said quickly, slurring my words together. "Ididn'twanthimtogetintroublesoIwokehimup," Mrs. McQ raised an eyebrow. She cast a hard stare at the rest of the class. "What are you staring at? Obviously not your Latin books, which you should be. Get back to work." she scolded. I laughed lightly. Amsel looked at me. He nodded his head in thanks. "Don't mention it," I mouthed. He grinned, and went back to work.

I smiled and did the same. It was the small victories that counted. Each small victory improved our relationship. I sighed. What was I thinking? He was way out of my league, and the heartthrob of the entire grade. Well, I can dream, can't I? He seemed pretty attracted to me. I chuckled at thinking of the possibility of us dating. I would be the most envied girl, possibly the most hated in the entire school. The thought made me giggle and blush.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's so freakishly short...
ugh