Status: updating weekly!

The Summer of Our Lives

two

Alex, Derek, Jack, and I talked for a little while longer and then I head out to catering. I was fucking starving and we were on in four hours. I walked over to the catering area and stood in line, waiting patiently. I saw Alex’s sister was right in front of me trying to call someone and then I heard her curse at her phone. I tried not to pay any attention to it and started looking around at the other people here.

“Hey, sorry if this is weird, but could I borrow your phone? I’m trying to get ahold of my brother and mine died,” she explained to me.

“Oh yeah, totally,” I replied. “Go for it.”

“Thank you so much,” she said while taking it from my outstretched hand.

“Alex? Alex! It’s me, it’s Mallory. I’m at catering and my phone died… yeah I know I have another hour.” She was obviously talking to Alex about her shift. “Yeah, well I’m hungry the kids can wait. Bye.”

“Thank you so much…” she hesitated when she realized she didn’t know my name.

“Vic, I’m Vic.” I smiled.

“Right, I’m Mallory. Nice to meet you, I guess.” She laughed while putting air quotes around the word meet.

“Yeah you too.” I grinned. I ate my lunch with Beau from blessthefall then walked back to my bus to find out what else we had to do today. We had a signing at four and then we went on stage at six. It was just after three so I figured a small nap wouldn't kill me.

The day progressed quickly, but it was great. We met hundreds of kids who were all fantastic. After that we hung around the main stage until it was our time to go on. I noticed Mallory was there next to some blonde chick, who I didn’t know. I kind of hoped she was going to stay and watch our set, but I wasn’t holding my breath. Mike, Jaime, Tony and I all did our preshow ritual and headed out on stage.

The crowd was screaming and all I could do was smile and start the first song. The energy from the crowd was amazing, putting all my nerves at ease. Mike didn’t miss a beat, Tony didn’t mess up a riff, and Jaime fucking slayed. We couldn’t see the end of the crowd. It was mind-blowing. And before we knew it our forty minutes were up.

“Thank you guys! We’ll see you next time!” I shouted into the microphone before walking off stage and handing our tech my guitar. I was dripping with euphoria—and sweat, but that’s beside the point—as we high fived a bunch of people watching. I didn’t see Mallory, but I did see Alex.

“Awesome job dude,” Alex told me.

“Thanks for watching man,” I smiled. “Did Mallory stay and watch?”

“No she ran off with a singer Jenna, I think. Why do you ask?” he questioned.

“No reason, I bumped into her earlier and we were talking.” I shrugged.

“She’s my sister and I love her, but don’t go there. And not because I don’t want you to or anything, for your sake just stay away. She’s dealing with some things right now.” Alex explained.

“I wasn’t going to start anything, no sweat.”

I kind of wanted to know what Alex was talking about, but then I remembered what he said, to not get involved. Suddenly I was more intrigued than ever. I didn’t want to go behind Alex’s back and start anything, but I wanted to know the girl. It couldn’t hurt, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
They "met" in a sense. it's short, but it's all just getting started!