Colds on Tour

Under The Weather

Alex opens his eyes to se Jack, lying with his head on Alex’s chest, dribbling slightly.
“Ew Jack” he laughed, Jack just shuffled around his hands wrapping around Alex’s middle as he sleeps. Alex puts the back of his hand on his friend’s forehead again to find him warm but not as hot as he’d been before. He checks his phone again to see it’s just after 1am, still quite early for him to be asleep and he’s not feeling all that tried due to the amount he’d slept that day. Carefully Alex get’s out of Jack’s grip and slowly picks him up; even if he is skinny he’s very long making carrying him not the easiest. Alex takes him back to his bunk, tucking him under his blanket and once making sure he’s still asleep giving him a quick kiss on top of his head.
“Hey Alex, how’s Jack?” Zack asked as Alex walked into their little kitchen.
“Better, he’s sleeping and his fever seems to have gone down”
“Good, well he’s got a few days to kick this bug in the butt before we play again” he said, handing Alex a beer.
“Thanks man, and exactly he should be fine” said Alex taking a sip of his beer. “What’s going on out here tonight?”
“Not a lot really, some of the guys have gone out but the few of were thinking of watching a movie or somethin’ what to join us?”
“Sure, sure”
“No more Batman though, you’re as bad as Jack and Home Alone” Zack said, pocking him in the side.
“You’re no fun” Alex fake pouted. The remaining band and crew crowd around in the front lounge, we decide on watching 12 Angry Men as it’s a classic that has Alex and Jeff quoting nearly the whole thing. Nearly half way through the movie when there’s loud, coughing, hacking noises coming from the bunks, Alex straight away gets up and pulls back the curtain to Jack’s bunk where he’s say up coughing heavily.
“Shh it’s okay” he sits down beside the sick boy, rubbing his back as he coughs more. It’s a long fit and they’re tears on Jack’s cheeks by the time it’s done. Alex places his hands on the younger boys face, wiping them away.
“You left” Jack crocked.
“I know, I’m sorry”
“Cuddle now?” he asked, holding out his arms to him. Alex chucked, but accepted and claimed into the bunk alongside his best friend.
“You’re so cuddly when you’re ill” Alex said, as Jack snuggles up close to him, wrapping his long arms around Alex’s skinny waist.
“Don’t feel good” Jack mumbled, his face pressed into Alex’s shirt.
“Want some more drugs?” Jack nodded against Alex’s chest.
“Okay, going to let me go?”
“Nope” Jack said, cuddling closer.
“You’re such a pain Jack” Alex laughed.
“But you love my anyway” came Jack’s muffled reply, Alex laughed and pulled his phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants.
“Alex, why are you calling me? You’re in the other room” asked Zack.
“Jack needs some drugs and he won’t let me go”
“Haha, what do you need?” he asked.
“There’s some like cold & flu type things in the back lounge could you just them with some water?”
“No problem”
“Thanks” Zack came in a minute later holding a few bottles on medicine and the water to see Alex lying in Jack’s bunk with Jack completely attached to him.
“What do you two look like?” Zack laughed, Alex took the medicine and pouring out the right amounts for Jack.
“That stuffs gross” said Jack, lifting his head enough to see what Alex was doing.
“But it’ll make you feel better” Alex teased. Jack stuck his tongue but took the medicine, swallowing like it was a shot.
“Hate you” said Jack before downing the water, trying to get rid of the taste in his mouth and the dry, scratchy feeling in his throat.
“Feel better soon Jacky” Alex ran his hand through his friends hair as he drifted back to sleep, snuggled close to Alex snoring due to his blocked nose. Alex stayed awake for awhile, his fingers tracing patterns on Jack’s arm and staring at the adorable mess that was Jack Barakat who was now dribbling on Alex’s shoulder. It wasn’t long until he too was asleep, his head leaning against Jack’s and the blanket wrapped around them.
For the second night in a row Alex is woken by strange noises the rolled over to find Jack sitting up in the midst of a coughing fit.
“Wow there Jack” he said, rubbing his back until the coughs finally stopped.
“Can’t breathe” came Jack’s horse voice.
“Deep breaths through your mouth, okay?” Jack nodded taking breaths through his mouth.
“Better?” Jack nodded his breath hitching.
“Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo” Jack sneezed over Alex.
“Ew you’re gross” said Alex, pashing Jack a tissue.
“Sorry” said Jack, sniffling thickly.
“I’m going to make you some tea, and how about we just sit and watch movies all day? We’re just travelling today so it’s like we’re missing anything”
“Sound....Atchooo sounds good” said Jack burying his face in his tissue. Alex frowned, Jack was his best friend and he really didn’t mind taking care of him, in fact he kind of enjoyed it but it did get a bit gross at times.
Alex did what he said, making tea for Jack and setting up a few of his favourite movies in the back lounge. He then went to get the boy, helping him up as he was a bit unsteady.
“Is your head still hurting?” Alex asked.
“Yeah”
“Sit down, I’ll get you something” Jack curled up under the blanket, pulling his knees up tight to his chest and coughing into them, god he felt shitty.
“Here ya go” said Alex, passing Jack some pain killers and water.
“Thanks Alex, thanks for takin’ care ob me” he said, through his stuffy nose.
“No problem Jacky, just try not to sneeze me okay?”
“Can’t promise nothing” Jack smirked, Alex laughed joining Jack on the couch and pressing playing on the movie. The boys stay there for the most of the day, the others coming in and out to watch various movies with them and Matt even came in a few times with more medicine for Jack. Alex drifts off to the sleep somewhere about mid-afternoon but Jack stays awake now watching Finding Nemo.
“Dont...Don’t want to” came Alex’s muffled voice from beside Jack.
“Huh?” he looked over at Alex, he’s head was resting on his shoulder and his mouth open as he slept.
“Don’t make me go” said Alex again.
“Alex?” Jack questioned, Alex was talking in his sleep but Jack couldn’t remember if that meant he should wake him up or not...
“No...Don’t want to” Alex moaned again, pressing his face into Jack’s neck. Jack just wrapped his arm tighter around Alex’s waist he feeling hot hoping his fever hadn’t gone up again.
“Hmm what’s going on?” Alex woke up a bit later, running his hand through his now messy hair.
“You were talking in your sleep”
“I was?”
“You always talk in your sleep when you’re not well, are you feeling okay?” Jack asked.
“Fine” Jack reached and put his hand on Alex’s forehead.
“You’re warm”
“I’m fine...” Alex broke off into a small cough, covering his mouth with his sleeve.
“You sure about that?” Alex just groaned and pressed in his into Jack’s shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be a part 3!