Colds on Tour

Infecting The Whole Tour

Alex turned over in his sleep, whimpering slightly. Jack continued to run his hand through his friend’s hair, trying to calm him down. Alex always got bad nightmares when he was ill, often waking up crying so Jack stayed by his side. Jack hearing a few muffled cries from his side looked down at the older man and realised he was in fact awake.
“Aw shh Lex it’s just a dream” he said, placing a kiss to the top of Alex’ messy hair.
“Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo, errrr I feel gross” Alex moaned, burying his head in Jack’s shoulder.
“I know Lex, I’m sorry I didn’t mean t give you my cold” Jack said, he felt guilty for getting his best friend sick.
“S’okay Jacky, how are you feeling?” typical Alex, worrying more about his friends health than his own.
“Better, still kinda coughing though”
“Go take some medicine”
“Alex, I think you’re the one in need of medicine” Alex whined as Jack got out from underneath him and grabbed the said medicine off the counter.
“Drink” said Jack, passing the little cup to Alex.
“No, it’s gross...Atchoo”
“You’re gross, now drink” Jack pushed the cup into Alex’s hand, who tried to give him a disapproving look but with his red nose and pale skin Jack had to stop himself from going ‘aww’ Alex swallowed the stuff in one sickening gulp. Jack then poured himself a cup and took some himself.
“Err you’re right that is gross” said Jack, sticking his tongue out. Alex pushed himself up off the couch, running a hand through his tangled, messy hair
“Where are ou going?”
“Shower, got stuff to do”
“Alex you’re sick, you need sleep and medicine”
“I’m fine...Atchoo...and I’ve got to meet Vic “Alex said, getting some clean clothes from his bunk and making his way to the shower.
“But Alex....”
“I’m fine” Jack rolled his eyes but left him to get ready, if he couldn’t stop Alex from going out the best he could do was go with him.

An hour later both Jack and Alex made their way into the venue to meet Vic, though having a shower had improved his appearance Alex still felt awful. A pack of tissues shoved in his hoodie pocket and his lyric book in hand he walked inside the venue, glad to be out of the cold. Out at the back of the venue they found Vic sitting playing an acoustic guitar and writing a few things down in a book.
“Hey man” he greeted as the members of All Time Low walked in. “Oh hey Jack, wasn’t expecting to see you”
“Well someone’s got to keep an eye on him” Jack motioned to Alex who was in the midst of a coughing fit.
“I don’t need baby-sitting” Alex moaned, coughing into his sleeve.
“Are you sure? You do sound awful”
“Are we going to do some work or just make comments about my health?” Alex asked, taking a seat beside Vic on the couch. Jack took a sit on the other couch and just watched them as they wrote; it was always good to hear a song coming together. Vic was playing the guitar and Alex was singing but he broke off into a sneezing fit.
“Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo, Atchoo”
“God Alex” Jack said, throwing him some medicine. “Take some before you infect the whole tour” Jack coughing into his sleeve as he spoke.
“Looks like he already has” said Vic.
“Jack’s the one that gave me the bloody cold in the first place” Alex said before sneezing again.
“Atchoo”
“Just take the fucking medicine” Alex grumbled something but took the medicine anyway.
“Why don’t you play and I’ll sing?” suggested Vic. “Save your voice a bit”
“Okay, thanks...Atchoo” Alex sneezed; burying his face in is tissue. “Sorry I sound disgusting”
“It’s okay, as long as you’re feeling okay” said Vic.
“I’m fine, it’s just a cold”
Alex continued to sneeze for the next two hours; Jack tried not to cringe at the pain his friend was obviously in.
“Lex we’ve got sound check in an hour then a show and you still sound bloody awful, you are going t get some rest” said Jack, having enough of listening to Alex sneezing and coughing madly for the past few hours.
“But...”
“No buts Alex”
“Jackkkk” he whined.
“Alex, Jack is right. The song can wait you need to rest before you can get out there again” said Vic. Alex sniffed miserably and nodded letting Jack pull him to his feet.
“Feel better soon Alex” Vic called. Alex muttered faint thanks, and let Jack lead him back to the bus to get some sleep before sound-check. Alex slept all the way up to sound-check before Jack dragged him back out and on stage.
“How ya doing Alex?” Rian asked as Alex took his guitar.
“A little under the weather but alright, the new songs coming on well” He said.
“Good I’m glad you’re feeling better”
“I never felt that bad” Jack knew Alex was lying; he knew exactly how crappy Alex was feeling but didn’t say anything.
They play through an hour of sound-check, Alex does fine even with a few miss timed sneezes.
“You look exhausted, you okay?” Jack asked as him and Alex walk backstage.
“So tired” Alex yawned.
“Everyone’s off the bus, want to go sleep on the couch with a movie or two?” Alex nodded, leaning on Jack as he led him out towards the bus. Alex straight away crashed on the couch why Jack got him some medicine and a blanket.
“What movie do you want to watch?” Jack asked.
“Spider-man” came Alex’s muffled replay as he buried himself in the blanket. Jack put the movie in and turned the face his best friend who was snuggled up on the cough, leaving just enough room for Jack to lay beside him.
“You do look cute” Jack said, as he lay down letting Alex cuddle into his side.
“Shut....*Cough* up” Jack just laughed.
After a few movies and Alex’s soft snoring it’s time for the show. Making sure Alex is drugged up Jack forgets to take his own, but that doesn’t stop him from going as mad as ever. It’s in the middle of Coffee Shop that Jack starts coughing, he’s so badly he had to stop playing his guitar to try and get air back in his lungs.
“Jack, Jack are you okay?” Zack asked, seeing Jack having trouble breathing. Jack shook his head.
“Can’t....breath” Zack dropped his bass and picked Jack up, carrying up off stage. Alex noticing what’s going on pauses the song and goes running off stage too, leaving Rian alone with a worried crowd.
“What’s going on?” asked Alex, moving his sweaty hair from his face.
“He’s coughing s badly, he can barely breath” Zack said, looking at Jack who was sitting on the couch still coughing.
“Shh Jack it’s okay” Alex sat down beside him, rubbing his back until finally the coughs stopped. Jack leant against Alex, all energy gone.
“What was that about?” Alex asked. “You sounded like you were dying”
“Forget to take medicine” Jack muttered.
“Take some now” Matt who’d been pacing in the background ran to get some.
“Only a few songs left, are you going to be good to go back out there?” Jack nodded. Having taken the medicine Jack, Alex and Zack went back on stage as Rian was trying to entertain the crowd. The band plays their last few songs, Jack not moving about as much but as least not coughing. After saying goodbye to the crowd Alex and Jack leaning heavily on each other as they’re both exhausted.
“Atchoo” Jack looked down at Alex assuming the noise to have come from him but it didn’t. “Atchoo” Looking up Jack saw Vic with a tissues in his hand. Seems like maybe they were infecting the whole tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, I was stuck on what to do. My friend actually gave me this idea so you liked it :)