Status: The summary is in another character's POV but the story is told by Matt. DISCLAIMER: I'm not against anyone's religion though I make it seem that Matt is... He's only saying such things because he's mad at the world. He also curses A LOT and I'll be using a few Green Day puns here-and-there...

Beautiful Mess

Omar and The Green-Eyed Monster

Listen to me for just a second; have you ever had that feeling when something huge just happened and instead of two weeks, it feels like its been years since? Ugh, never mind... Ever since the fight, I feel like Avery and I have gotten a little closer, which is nice, except for the fact that Shelbie is pretty much out to get me. I know that I'm pretty popular nowadays, but maybe if I wasn't on her radar, I'd be just fine. Jesus, I swear she's going to rape me one day and I won't even know it.

I was entering through the main hallway at school and there weren't that many people around, maybe because I was either super early or drastically late. As soon as I was about to head to the third floor to homeroom, I heard the guidance councilor call for me from the middle of the hallway.

"Matt, could you come here for a second? I swear it'll only take two minutes."

I walked slowly towards her, but I felt like something was up... Is there something else that's wrong with me today?

"Do you have a 'A-Day' today or a 'B-Day' today?"

"Um... well I have mostly electives today, so I believe that I have a 'B-Day' today."

She began to grow a huge smile and hugged me. This is so weird...

"Great, because we have a new student starting his year and I need you to show him the ropes, you know?"

"Um... I'm not the greatest person with new people Ms.Neil... And why would you choose me?"

"Because you're a good kid and the newbie apparently knows you from the Westrell Ward, so maybe you two can be friends."

Uh-oh, is it who I think it is? Shit, shit, shit-

"W-What's his name?"

"Hmm..."

She began to check her papers as my inner panic attack began. I hate it when I see someone that I knew when I was 'in my prime' a few years later, it just feels wrong. Like, I knew you when I was trying to escape from where we met, so just leave me alone! But hey, it's not my fault, it's just one of my various pet peeves.

"Found it! His name is Omar Kezbay. He's around your age and I think you spent around the same time together in the ward... I think you two were pretty close according to him and his parents! Anyways, I'll go get him out of the office and bring him to you, so I'll be right back!"

As she left and scrambled towards the office, I decided to sit my ass down on the stairs.

Fuck, no wonder I felt weirded out this morning. Okay, I can give a quick summary about this guy before I shoot myself in my imagination. But first, let me tell you that Omar and I are pretty damn close, I just don't him to see me as I am now, he'll never let it down. He was there for me and I was sorta there for him too, so there shouldn't be anything between the both of us that's weird, right?

Anyways, Omar is the kind of guy who's the life of the party but doesn't try too hard. He loves people whereas I'm super awkward around others except for him and Avery. He's what you'd basically call a 'lady's man' but he not a complete douchebag about it. He's around as tall as I am, maybe a little taller; like around 6"2. He's an all-around good guy, except when you piss him off. Lemme tell you that it's easy to get on his good side, but it's really hard to get off his bad side. He can fight like a fucking monster and he's really scary to be around when that happens; but that's on a rare occasion since everyone else has only seen him as his hyper and weird self. He, from the last time I saw him at least, had long dark brown hair and wasn't too skinny and wasn't too bulky. He dressed like me, and liked all the same music as me so we generally got along, but we had different addictions. Omar was addicted to drinking and had the worst temper and beat the shit out of anyone he saw since he was used to fighting other people to get money to get all the shit he wanted and "needed" just for the fun of it until we started rooming together in the ward. He changed completely before I had my arm chopped off, he was my only real friend at the time... But I don't think it was actually me. I was never that important to somebody before and I that;s what I hated about him, he was the most important person in everyone else's life except mine and I was the exact opposite. I was always jealous of him because of that and also he never had anything chopped off unlike me. I was jealous of everything about him. But I'm much better now, so maybe I'll have the chance to bridge everything between us.

I kept waiting on the stairs while Ms.Neil was taking forever. Time passed little-by-little and more people came into school, so I guess I was pretty early getting to school after all. Maybe if I slept in a little longer, I wouldn't have had to see him so early this morning. I heard two pairs of footsteps walking up the stairs. I looked up and I saw Omar. He didn't look any different except that he got a little thinner and cut his hair.

"Okay, I'll leave you to Matt! If you have any questions, you can come by the office or you can ask Matt! Have a good day you two!"

As soon as she left, Omar helped me up and gave me the biggest and tightest hug ever. It hurt like hell, but I was okay with it.

"Holy shit, Matt you look great! You look so cute that I would actually make out with you if either I was gay or if you were a girl..."

He began to squish my cheeks and made kissy faces. I guess things never change.

"Anyways, are you ready for the tour Omar?"

"Fuck yeah! I can't wait to get the excuse to look at hot chicks and get away with being creepy!"

"Um... What do you mean?"

He began to laugh hysterically as we were walking down the stairs to the first floor. People began to stare, but I slowly payed more attention to what he was saying. Apparently, as soon as he left the ward last week, he spotted two hot girls and got slapped in the face twice and kicked hard in the balls, like right in the middle, which hurts like hell. We kept talking about how much different we are now compared to what we were like as kids, which actually felt pretty damn great, we talked about the nurses and the other kids as well as the Christians that came by and tried to change us into religious freaks like them. I was surprised that he would even talk to me to be honest. I thought that he would completely ignore me.

"But seriously Matt, I missed you man. It was so quiet without you. I felt like a goner."

"Me too. You have no idea. You were the only one who was there for me when my arm was taken away from me."

He tackled me and began to squish my cheeks again. Shit, I shouldn't have said that.

"Aww, you must totally be in love with me! I can't wait to kiss you one day baby! Marry me right here, right now!"

"Shut up man, you're being weird again."

"People do weird things when they're in love~!"

"So what you're saying is that you're in love with me? Wow, I had no idea you felt like that towards me."

He let me go and began to calm down again. Thank God. The last thing I would want is for people to begin to laugh at Omar and I. Like I said, he's like a time bomb that might cause the biggest explosion ever.

"Touché..."

After the short tour, I led Omar to the Specials homeroom. I knocked the door and realized it was already open. We walked in and Ms.Prakna began to examine us. She then turned her head towards the class and introduce Omar. he stayed calm and I decided to go to my seat next to Avery. She waved quickly at me, but she only looked at Omar. After the shockingly calm and quick intro, Ms.Prakna decided to seat Omar next to Avery which meant he was next to the window.

So the seating in the back was like this:

Candice Me Avery Omar

I didn't mind it then but as the day went on, Avery completely ignored my existence as I watched Omar and Avery laugh with each other and Omar squishing her cheeks and her smiling through the hallways and during classes. For once after a long while being here, I felt alone just watching them being happy and stuff. I was the lonely, one-armed, green-eyed monster roaming around in Westrell High for the whole day and I wanted to escape and run away as fast as possible. I didn't know why, but I knew I was jealous.

But who would I be more jealous of? Omar or Avery?
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, somebody's jealous~! I hope you liked the shorter chapter. I know it's not that great but to be honest, I felt super lazy and I'm glad I found the right place to put Omar in the story. I hope you like it! (And to the actual Omar I based the new character off of- I HOPE YOU LIKE EVERYTHING SO FAR, IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES I SHOULD MAKE TO ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF, TELL ME ASAP and sorry for using all-caps, I just felt like it :P)