Status: The summary is in another character's POV but the story is told by Matt. DISCLAIMER: I'm not against anyone's religion though I make it seem that Matt is... He's only saying such things because he's mad at the world. He also curses A LOT and I'll be using a few Green Day puns here-and-there...

Beautiful Mess

The Queen and Frankenstein

So you know how I said that I didn't know who to be jealous of? I found my answer; I'm jealous of both of them. Fuck, this sucks major black cock. I want to be with them, but I would rather hang out with just Avery WITHOUT "Mr.Perfect" around, you know? I've know Omar for such a long time in the ward and we've started to chill outside of school, but Avery is still a new friend to me and i want to get to know her more. And, like I've said before, I don't want anything else to do with her. Fuck, okay that's not what I meant- I mean that I don't wanna bother her any more than I already do. Anyways, I finally saw my chance to reconnect her without Omar butting in. Ready for this? What's the one holiday that someone like me can actually look cool with barely any effort at all? Halloween! Now, I know what you might be thinking; "Wow, you're more queer than I thought." or, "Why Halloween? Isn't that for kids?" I love halloween because I'm the embodiment of it. I can literally tell you I'm the scariest person to be around because of what I look like and my St.Jimmy state of mind. But I guess that's why I don't have many friends because they can't handle my badass-ness.

I was walking to school and I passed by Avery's house. I didn't see any trace of Omar so I decided to go up to the door and knock.

"Avery, there's an amputee at our door! Is that a friend of yours?"

"Yeah mom, that's my friend Matt."

"Well get him the fuck off out property, the last thing we need on this planet is more people like him! I mean, who the fuck wouldn't kill themselves if they looked like that faggot?"

"Shut the fuck up! He's the closest guy friend I've had in a long time! You have no right to say shit like that about who I wanna be with. I mean, fuck, do you even look in the mirror?"

"You know, if your father was still around, I would have him do what he did when-"

Before I could overhear the last part of that sentence, Avery ran out of the front door and quickly slammed it as hard she could. I saw her eyes were a bit red and she had a bit of bed-head. I wanted to tease her about the hair and how messy and cute she looked, but it wasn't the right time. Avery looked up at me and grabbed my right wrist and looked away. She ran with my hand in hers. Her hands were so small compared to mine and I still wanted to cheer her up somehow. We then ran to school as quickly as possible. Before the bell rang, we quickly got to our seats. Everyone looked at us strangely, especially Omar and Candice. Ms.Prakna wasn't at school today, so instead, we had Ms.Neil explain to us about the rules of Halloween at school.

Basically, here are the rules:

Don't dress like a slut. Take Shelbie for example, except that's an everyday occurrence so never mind.

No blackface, you can't be TOO racist at our school you know.

Don't streak naked. Apparently someone actually did that last year.

No weapons. You can't shank someone with a fake weapon as a joke. Damn, where's the fun in that?

And, lastly, no pranks.

Fuck, this school just wants to suck the fucking fun out of everything doesn't it?

Homeroom finally ended and Avery and I started to stare at each other, but I had no idea why. Candice poked my hips and I began to feel super ticklish and quickly turned around.

"Mornin' Bello."

"What the fuck was that for!?"

"Omar told me that you were über ticklish and junk, so I decided to poke your hips."

"Damnit! Omar, what the hell is wrong with you?!"

He turned around and laughed at me while Avery began to laugh as well.

"Nothing baby! I love you~!"

I sighed and turned back to Avery. Candice poked me again and I looked behind me and saw she had a strange look on her face when she began to stare at me. Weird; why was her face red? Never mind.

First period on a Thursday, Avery and I had English together with Ms.Prakna. But since she wasn't here, we had a long ass study hall. I had no homework to do and I decided to sit next to Avery.

"Hey."

"Hey Bello."

"Can I see your notebook for a minute?"

"Sure..?"

She took it out and handed the book to me. I decided to doodle in her book. I drew her as basic as I possibly could. I could tell you it was easy for me to draw somewhat well with one arm, but it does get annoying when you only have your stub to hold the paper down. When Avery saw the picture, she began to smile and started doodling as well. When she handed me the book, I examined what she drew and wrote:

She drew us smiling and drew me with two arms. She also wrote down her phone number with a smiley face. She looked curious as to my reaction with the two-arm thing in her drawing.

"Do you ever think back on what is was like to have two arms? Do you miss it?"

"To be honest, not really. I mean, to do basic, everyday things would be easier with two arms. But I like not having two arms now that I think about it."

"Why? I would miss doing stuff I like and having things being more accessible, you know?"

"True, and I agree with you; but do you remember what we learned from history class on the second week I came here about the Puritans' moral belief? They believed that the harder their life was, the more that God believed in them with surviving in this world. I know, it sounds really morbid, but in a sense, I can totally believe in that idea and you know how I am, I like a little challenge."

She smiled at me and I felt my face grow warmer and I knew I smiled. Ha, beat that Omar, the chick loves me and my one-armed-ness! Well, that's how I felt in the moment anyways...

"Hey Avery? Do you wanna skip some electives with me and chill here?"

"Sure! But let me text Omar and have him tell my teachers that I'm in the nurse's office or for some other excuse."

After she sent him the quick text, we began to draw all over her notebook and we chatted about how stupid the rules were about Halloween. Thank god I found someone who feels the same way.

"Anyways Bello, before you kill us both with that sexy, dark humor of yours, what are you dressing up as for Halloween?"

"Guess. And I'll only give you one hint, it's a super common costume."

"Hmm.... Dracula?"

"Oh, you were close, but not close enough babe."

We laughed again. And I never knew that my humor was sexy... I should write that down for... Um... 'Future purposes'. As we kept talking about Halloween and what our costumes were, it was time for lunch and we decided to chill in the library with our food. Omar tagged along while Candice was hanging out with Sienna, my sister. Think of her as a mini version of Avery, but dirty blonde with light brown eyes. She lives with my aunt on the other side of town so we rarely every chat, but she's a good kid. She's 15 years old and I know she's quite popular with the boys in her grade and she seems to doing well, so I have no worries.

"Omar, Matt? I think it's time for us to change into our costumes... I'll be right back!"

We went our separate ways to the bathrooms and began to change. Omar was dressing up as a bodybuilder. I don't know why he would do something like that, especially in October since it's usually cold by that time of the year. But who cares, whatever Omar wants to do, let him do it. He always gets away with everything anyways. I put on my white and blue plaid shirt and squirted some fake blood all over the chest area of my shirt. I began to put green makeup all over my face and my exposed skin including my stub of a left arm. It felt cold, but I didn't mind. After I was done, I caught up with Omar, who was already standing outside in the really awkward costume he had on.

"Omar... Why must you torture me like this? This is sick."

He began to crush me with another one of his unbearable hugs.

"Aww baby, jealousy's the ugliest trait you know~!"

"Uh-huh... Anyways, do I look okay?"

"Yeah, why do you ask Matty-Matt?"

"Cause I wanna look fabulous for the ladies, you know how it is Omar. We're the perfect pair of guys to get them ladies!"

"Fuck yeah, blood brothers for life!"

We high-fived each other and saw Avery in her costume. Holy shit was she cute or what. I remember saying something about her slight obsession with Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland but she totally rocked the Queen of Heart's dress, especially with her hair blocking her face and the slight amount of light makeup she used. Damn, she looked so cute in that black and red short dress of hers. Whether it was frilly or not, she looked super cute.

"Do I look okay you guys? This dress is sorta uncomfortable..."

Before I could even say anything, Omar interrupted.

"You look sexy as fuck Avery. I'm not even kidding, right Matt?"

I didn't want her to see my face for a moment since I didn't want to say the wrong thing.

"Y-You do look really cute Avery."

She grabbed my arm and went ran ahead of Omar, which I actually felt bad about. Sorry Omar.

"You look really cute as Frankenstein, Matt. And do you really think I look good in this?"

"Fuck yeah- I mean- Yeah, of course I do..."

"Haha, I feel like you're hiding something you wanna say! Tell me Bello~!"

"Fine. You look a lot cuter today than any other day I've seen you so far and I think you look absolutely beautiful in that dress."

Avery quickly blushed and put her small hand on my mouth.

"S-Shut up already... The cheesiness of what you just said is gonna make me sick."

"Haha, I'm sorry. I can't help it since you look so good..."

"Get down on one knee Bello, I have a royal job to give you for the rest of your life."

"O-Okay, just don't drug me or something, or else I ask for brains and shit like that."

I got down and felt her heart staff tap once on both of my shoulders.

"I now dub thee my loyal and protective Frankenstein under the royalty of Avery Cameron the First."

"Thank you my lady. I shall protect you will all of my new heart."

I got up and held her hand and walked around with her through the hallways not giving two shits about what everyone else thought of us. I was glad we got to be like this, but little did I know that Omar was behind us.

Was he watching us the whole time back there?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot that was fun! :D I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the first, I think, epic cliffhanger of this story! Stay tuned for the next chapter!