I Was Hoping You'd Ask

Chapter 11

I didn’t know how to respond to everything that had happened in a matter of 10 minutes. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, and I wanted to go crazy. Rebecca was staring at me, probably wondering why I hadn’t said anything or acted like a normal girl and added comments a friend should add at the end of that story, something like “oh my gosh what an asshole” or “wow, you deserve so much better, forget about him” I think I probably didn’t say something like that because I was wondering if I was about to be the next victim of Brian Gibbons. I had no intention of telling her my feelings for him, if I still even had feelings after that whole story. I didn’t know what to say at that point.

She was starting to look sleepy, and that’s when I realized I was pretty tired as well. I looked at my phone to check the time, 11:15 it read and I noticed something else. I had a text message from a number I didn’t know. I opened it when I noticed that Rebecca was sipping her Cosmo and not really paying attention to me anymore.

“Hey ;) it’s Brian. Just thought you should
Have my number. Can’t wait until our ‘date’”

I looked up at Rebecca immediately, hoping she hadn’t noticed my face when I read this message. Before I had heard her story I would have probably been thrilled to read this and wrote a really cute reply that would have had him speechless and thinking about me until we saw each other again. But now everything has changed. I had no words for him. I had no intention of being a bitch, and I did not want to reply. I locked my phone and put it back in my purse.

Rebecca looked back at me “time to go?” she asked like she was almost hoping I said yes based on how tired she looked. “Uhm yeah, I need to head home now. I haven’t really gotten much sleep the last couple of nights.” She agreed with me and we both paid the tab and headed for the door. I had realized how sober I had gotten at that point, I guess listening to Rebecca’s story helped a little with that.

“I’m sorry if it was weird for me to tell you that story.” Rebecca had admitted to me before we got to our cars, it brought us in an instant stop. I didn’t really know why she would apologize but I guess I hadn’t really said much since she told me. “Don’t be sorry, that’s what friends are for.” She got the biggest smile on her face like she was happy to know she didn’t lose her only friend. “There’s a lot more to it, but I’ll save that for another day.” She winked at me with a small grin on her face. I returned a smile “good night Rebecca, get home safe” I said as I was stepping into my car, relieved to finally be in silence. The night was too long for me and my head was spinning. Do I still have feelings for Gibby? If I do how would I tell Rebecca this? If I don’t, how do I tell Gibby to leave me alone? Has he changed? Should I ask him about this? Is it any of my business? I didn’t know what to do at this point, all I knew was that I wanted to get in my bed and sleep this whole night off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who is reading, and if you haven't already, please subscribe :-)
I have soooo much more to update with this story, I'm in my last month of the semester so if it takes over a day to update (which shouldn't happen often) then that's why!

Comments are always suggested <3