I Was Hoping You'd Ask

Chapter 14

I got back home in about 15 minutes and walked into my empty apartment. I stepped in, shut the door, and leaned my back on the door and slowly fell to my butt. I was smiling so hard. I couldn’t believe how my day had turned out. I was so excited and nervous and I couldn’t believe any of it. I didn’t know what to do with myself.

I heard my phone ring from inside my back pocket and I quickly pulled it out to see it was Dan’s name. “Hey” I picked up and said, probably a little more enthusiastically than he expected. “Hey Ali, how’s it going?” he asked me. “Great Dan, what’s up?” I replied. “I need you to write me a game day report for the game tomorrow, if you’re interested?” he asked me. I was so thrilled; everyday I was getting more and more involved with this team and my job. “Absolutely!” I said back to him. “Great, just email me the work as soon as you’re done and we’ll talk about it and post it before tomorrow!” he told me. “Sounds great, I’ll get started right now. Talk to ya later” and we both hung up.

I ran to the couch and fired up my laptop. I started talking about the Red Wings forwards and there new rookie superstar, Gustav Nyquist and how it’ll be a tough battle. I talked about how Zettereberg, their captain wouldn’t be playing. I talked about Sidney and Evgeni and all of our superstars. It was pretty easy for me to write about this stuff and be professional at the same time. I had respect for every NHL team, well except the Flyers and Bruins but that’s a different story. I loved writing about it and I was done with it in what felt like no time but turned out to be about an hour. I tried so hard to make it perfect so when the fans read it, they’d feel very informed on what to expect at the game and what the game meant in relation to the standings. We weren’t super close to playoff hockey, but it was right around the corner. As soon as I was done I emailed it to Dan, like promised, and sent him a text informing him it was in his inbox. He replied in no time “I’ll check and get back to you ASAP. –DP” he signed all of his texts the same way he does his tweets, it must have been some sort of habit. “Thanks” I said back to him and set my phone on the table and went to check my emails since my computer was already in my lap. I heard my phone and thought to myself, wow that was quick for Dan to read a paper that took me an hour to write but when I picked up my phone it was from Brian. I was a little shocked. “Hey… I know we just saw each other but I’m starving, do you wanna grab something to eat?” I looked at the clock in the corner of the screen and noticed it was already 5:30 and pretty much dinner time, or at least felt like that. “I’m actually not feeling like going out right now… Pizza and movies though at my place?” I sent back to him. We’ve never been to each other’s house before but I figured since we just shared our first kiss, we might as well start somewhere. I heard my phone and quickly picked it up to check his answer, “sounds like a much better plan to me, see you in a few!” I smiled right away. I texted him my address and set my phone down. I was thanking myself inside my head for being such a neat freak and not having to clean anything up because my apartment was always clean.

I wandered over towards the TV and looked into the movie shelf to find a couple of good movies to start watching. I picked a couple of my favorites; I started with the hockey ones. “Miracle”, “Goon”… and then went onto some old ones that were never a bad choice. “Dirty Dancing”, “The Breakfast Club”, “Grease”. I set them all out on the coffee table and then went to change into something a little more comfortable.

I put on a pair of my yogas that have never seen a yoga class and my favorite grey Penguins shirt. I left my hair down in its crazy curls and finally sat back on the couch and waited for Brian to show up. I was so excited and nervous all at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO sorry guys. It has been such a crazy weekend and I haven't had time to sit and actually write :(
Next weekend will be the same way, but I'm hoping to update as much as possible throughout the week.

Please comment and subscribe, I cannot believe how many readers this story already has and 16 subscribers is way more than I ever thought, so thank you <3

xoxo