I Was Hoping You'd Ask

Chapter 3

Kristopher Letang was always my favorite player. I enjoyed watching him play and I was actually a little obsessed with him to be honest. As soon as I realized that he was getting married and having a son, my obsession grew more to just being in love with his hockey game. I loved the way he could skate up and down the ice and was such an offensive defensemen. At this point he was at 10 goals on the year with a +2 which I guess wasn’t too bad. He was also not playing at the moment due to his stroke, but he was still my favorite Penguin.

Kris wasn’t the only one with injuries on this team and if you’re a Penguins fan, then you are well aware of this. As a result of all these injuries, it called for a bunch of baby Penguins from WBS getting called up to play, one of the players that got called up was a young man from Boston College, Brian Gibbons, better known as “Gibby”. He is without a doubt my favorite young Penguin to watch. Thinking about talking to him sent butterflies through my stomach.

I was still walking around the office with Dan, getting the tour of things I might not have seen from last time I was here and meeting people who came to the company since last time I was here. The last thing Dan showed me was my very own office. It was right down the hall from his and it looked beautiful even though it wasn’t decorated with my Penguins items yet. It was just a simple little room, walls were eggshell white, which went well with the dark brown desk that I had. The only thing that sat on the desk was a telephone. There were two chairs on the opposite side of the desk where my lone chair sat. I couldn’t wait to decorate this room and Dan helped me start it off. He handed me a framed picture with the 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins picture. On the top it read “Welcome to the team” signed by each and every one of the players. I had a smile on my face that I’m sure gone ear to ear. I hung it up on the wall behind me so whenever someone walked it, it’d be the first thing they saw.

The moment felt so real and I couldn’t wait to get started.