I Was Hoping You'd Ask

Chapter 6

I was getting ready to walk out the door when I heard my name, although I wasn’t sure who said it. I turned around to see Beau holding his hand up and calling me over. He was looking very handsome in the same suit that he was in earlier when we first met… He is hurt right now so I figured that he wouldn’t have changed at all. It was an expensive looking all black suits with a bright yellow shirt that stood out with a skinny black tie, I appreciated the effort to match the team colors while still looking professional.

“Where are you going?” he asked as I was walking back towards him. “Well I was going to head back to my apartment…” I replied trailing off, wondering where he was going with this. “Gibby and I were gonna go grab something to eat to celebrate the win and I was wondering if you wanted to join?” he sounded a mixture of excited and nervous to ask me this question. “It’s just the two of you going?” I asked, finding it a little odd that only the two of them were going to go out to eat to celebrate. “Well actually a lot of us are going out… like the whole team… I just didn’t want to overwhelm you and make you not want to go,” I laughed to myself “so you lied?” He just looked down, ashamed, and I laughed at him. “I’d love to go” I said to make him seem a little happier. He looked up with a big smile on his face and bright eyes. “Great! Come on, you can ride with me!” He grabbed my hand and took me out to his car before I even had time to suggest that I drive myself.

We arrived to a bar in downtown Pittsburgh in about 10 minutes. Beau and I weren’t the first ones there, when we walked in we were greeted by Jussi Jokinen and Evgeni Malkin. They both greeted me with a hug which I thought was a little odd but I wasn’t bothered. They both lead us to the back where they had a large table, assuming the rest of the team would be showing up eventually.

“Looking for someone?” Beau asked me, not noticing that I was looking around the bar. I didn’t want him to know that I was wondering if Gibby was going to show up eventually. I didn’t want anyone to know that I found him to be extremely attractive. “Nah, just checking the place out. I’ve never been here” I admitted to him, he was a little shocked to hear this but it was better than him knowing I was looking for a special someone.

A couple hours passed by and the rest of the team had showed up, even Gibby. I was sitting at one end of the table talking with Beau and James. Gibby was at the other side of the table talking with Sid. We both kept making eye contact at random moments, I tried to remain as calm as possible every time our eyes met but the feeling was overwhelming. It sent butterflies all through my body and it made me cold and hot all at the same time. The last time we locked eyes, he smirked at me, that famous cute smirk that he gave me earlier that day and nodded his head away from everyone. I noticed what he was motioning to me and we both walked towards the bar. It was getting late and I could tell that a lot of the players were getting tired and some of them were pretty drunk. Marc-Andre was collecting all the players that weren’t able to drive themselves home, including Geno, Brandon Sutter, and Max Talbot who had come to Pittsburgh to spend some time with his old teammates and friends.

Gibby and I were standing at the bar talking about the game and everyone that we were watching. We were making fun of how much Geno drank and he was acting a little crazy. It was all in good fun. The team was playing really well and an OT win really had them fired up.