Status: completed

The Innocent

1/1

The thunder clapped as the warriors fought. Storms raged around the wars of the Innocent as a princess was born. They said this was the rebirth of life, of the Innocent, and they weren't wrong. The Fallen had once banned them from their paradise and convicted them, toying with their lives and destroying their ruler, giving them all but a glimmer of hope that she would once again return. To the Fallen, humans were just toys that didn't deserve their mercy and the Innocent were no different.

These humans were born to a great race, one that was the decedents of The Fallen themselves, and they held great powers. Immortality was one of those powers, a great power indeed. It never occurred to them that this immortality could be tampered with and turned not to a power, but to a curse, thrust upon them The Fallen. Their own ancestors were to destroy them. The Fallen enjoyed toying with their creations, happy to place them under arrest and torture them until one day, she was born within a war.

Daughter of Jochebed and Bartholomew, Salíce was the most beautiful of the immortals as well as the most powerful. Her sight was strong, every word of the Forgotten Language appearing to her in waves smokey colors, dancing and playing around the laughing girl. The Fallen had forgotten their anger towards their toys and called her their savior. She would grow in the safety of her father's empire of the Innocent, known to all as Princess of the Innocent.

The child grew along side a friend, Zántös and his elder brother Mælo. As Salíce grew, so did her love for Zántös and Mælo's jealousy. The boy lashed out angrily at his younger brother threatening him. Zántös ignored him and wed his love, happy when his brother seemed to disappear.

Salíce and Zántös lived happily for many years, raising seven children and believing in the death of Mælo. Little did they know of Mælo's evil plan or of the consequences of this fiendish idea. Many more years passed and Salíce divided her father's empire into seven parts, giving each child their own land and yet giving supreme rule to one. Her youngest child, her weakest, was to be given the strongest, largest land as well as supreme power. Salíce's eldest child, Ratcliffe, was angered by this. He soon disappeared, leaving behind no traces after an argument with his mother.

It wasn't but months later when a war broke out between the Dark Sun and the Innocent. It was known to all that their rival clan, Dark Sun, was the only clan that had a poison to kill the Innocent. This poison cost the Innocent many lives and left them with only a few hundred. It was then a deal was made, to get back at Salíce and Zántös, Mælo would be given the poison to kill off the remaining Innocents. He would be sent back to Earth and the Dark Sun would retreat, only to return later with the death of Salíce's youngest child. And so, it was said, and so it was done.

Years of peace passed until one night, a smokey fog crept across the lands of the Innocent, and Salíce's youngest was murdered. This death broke the warrior's heart and weakened her from the inside out. Not long after did the Dark Sun return with Mælo at their side. Salíce knew then that he was the cause of her daughter's murder though the blood also fell on Ratcliffe's hands. Salíce was devastated to know that her own son had killed his sister.

She confronted her son along a stormy battlefield, letting him know of her will, only to be killed by his own hand. Blood rushed along the field with the rain, staining the dirt red and leaving behind a permanent mark of betrayal.

After the death of Salíce, Zántös was angered and annihilated the clan of Dark Sun to avenge the death of his love and his child. Mælo and Ratcliffe ran off into the dark world, leaving behind five broken siblings and a grudge that would never be broken. Their pain in seeing one another pushed them to separate their lands into seven continents.

These fights, between mother and son, brother and brother, were watched ever so carefully by absent Fallen. The death of Salíce, the wars, and the splitting of lands angered The Fallen greatly. Many of their children lay dead in the fields, their lands torn apart, and entire clan broken. The Fallen then decided to punish those who had created this blood bath, killing Zántös and his siblings, sentencing them to return every hundred years after their death, only to be killed by the poison of the Dark Sun at the hand of Mælo's decedents. Through all the destruction, Mælo could be found now where by even The Fallen and allowed to live. He was never seen again. The same fate plagued Salíce's family, to be born to the line and fate until the death of Mælo and their renaming of The Innocent.