Unseen in the Land of the Living.

One

Have you seen it before? The people you know are dead,walking around the only city left in the world,yet no one can see them? No,I guess not.
Hi,I'm living in the Land Of The Living. Now I know,I know,why the name? Easy,this is the only place with life on earth since the 2012 when the sun exploded,burning up and killing billions. Here,we are though,in 2014,and still trying to survive on the earth. Huh,I bet you expecting a zombie apocalypse weren't you? Yea,I thought so.
The cold winter air threatened to freeze me as I sat up on top of the clan's building on the edge of town. I looked down at the city,and saw figures dead and living. Around the city it was lifeless,no trees,broken buildings,totaled cars,and ruined stuff that I could never make out.
I could see my breathe as I exhaled "Yo,Kreg!" I heard a husky voice come from behind me. I looked to see my cocky,black dressed,and albino-skinned friend,Scotty. "What's ya been up to,dude?" Scotty asked,smirking at me.
Scotty was the first I saw of then...well I call them the Unseen,though I know some people call them ghosts. I really don't like that term,and neither does Scotty. I think he's the only Unseen that knows he's dead because all the others don't seem to look like they know. Most of the time,I can't bring myself to tell them that they're dead and died in the explosion. I'm just happy that Scotty knows. I mean,I could never lie to my best friend about that. I just....ever couldn't.
Scotty came and sat next to me on the edge and held my hand "Kreg...I know things are hard...with us and the other Unseen...don't you ever feel stressed?" Scotty asked,looking at me worriedly.
I shrugged "Not really,Scotty. I think it's nice that I can see them--even if other people can't" I stated. "I like that I can still see you,Scotty"
Scotty looked even more worried "But one day I'm gunna have to leave,Kreg" he whispered,"I can't stay here forever,and neither can all the others"
I gulped. I wasn't afraid to be alone. I liked it actually. But for every Unseen there's a cycle. They wonder around,find out they're dead,resolve their issues,and then leave. The only thing is,is that it can take years--or even decades--before they leave. So far,I couldn't figure out Scotty's issues. Not that I wanted him to leave,but I want him to be in a better place. This was a hell hole of survivors who morn the deaths of loved ones. I wanted him to see his mother,his father,and his little sister,Lucy. Even if he doesn't say it,I know he misses them. I made a half smile at him "I know,Scotty. As long as I can say goodbye,I'll be happy. Of coarse I'll miss you though,but I won't be as sad the next time" I replied.
Scotty looked shocked a bit but smiled back "Okay,I'll make sure of that!" He said,then gave me his signature thumbs up and that goofy grin like always.
Soon we were staring at the city in silence together,before I heard a yell. Sadly it was my name,and I sighed "I have to go, Scotty" I stated, "Marshal is calling me."
Scotty flashed me a smile, "Ok, I'll see you soon" and like that he jumped off of the ledge of the building. I watched him silently walk off the jump and walk away.
I stood up as I heard my name called again outside the building. I looked down to see Marshal Harris facing his back to me. I sighed once again "Up here!" I called back.
I felt the wind push more up against my back as my short hair went wild. Harris turned around and his stern face scowled at me. His grey eyes squinted and he pointed to the ground. "Get down here now" Harris demanded.
I smirked and followed after Scotty. I kicked my feet off the building as I yelled, "Catch me then!"
It was such a head rush and I never got tired of it. The adrenaline surged my body as I was falling into Harris's arms.
The older man scowled me more "Kreg!" He exclaimed in a stern voice.
I snickered and pushed my body out of his "Stop being so serious, Harris" I said, brushing the ash off my shirt.
Harris huffed, "You're the leader, you should be serious!" He hissed.
I cleared my throat "Whatever, Harris" I said strongly.
Harris rolled his eyes and gestured towards the door, "In we go, oh fearless leader?" He asked.
I smirked "In we go" I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been very inactive lately. Here's a new story