Status: I want good feedback

They Never Gave up on Hope

The time has come

"Well what happened in the last ten years of your life." I asker her with great confusion she replied almost crying "well long story short I dated another guy."
I just got up and walked a way after that I could bare the pain of knowing she loved someone else and with no explanation I left. She called for me to come back
"Brendan don't leave me we can work this out, I'm sorry" she said crying
but no I couldn't it would hurt me more to look her straight in the face knowing that she was mine, once. I only loved one women but she betrayed me for who-ever else she was dating. She was my sole mate until she betrayed me. Now I can never look at her the same.
But just maybe I could love her again if I tried really hard to forget about this other guy. I felt like I had been hit with the most cruel weapon again. But this time I was stronger than she, I could move on. While she weeped in peace.
Its 12:00 when she finally comes home. I don't speak a word as I watched her walk By then plop right down next to me. She turns and says "I know your angered with my actions, I'm sorry. But that's how I survived as long as I did," then she leaned in and gave me a hug but I didn't accept it until I got to the bottom of what she meant. "What do you mean that's how you survived?" I asked in confusion.
"Well I was thrown out onto the street and I didn't know what to do then,"
"Then I tried to call our son and daughter, but they wouldn't pick up the phone, or I had the wrong phone number," she answered hesitantly.

It's raining cats and dogs right now but the house is heated and waterproof.
"why did you leave me ten years ago, my life became a nightmare after you left," she said with great horror, and with empathy.
"I couldn't take it, ok my life was going to take a turn," I said with great anger and hesitating too. "For the worst if I didn't do what I did,"

"Like what would be worse, from where we were," she yelled back with fear showing it's face for more confusion.
she ran out into the yard with tears of fear rolling down her face. I went out too confront her and guide her. So that she knew it would be okey, but she kept pushing me away as she sobbed in her hands.
"Clowie I'm sorry about how I acted, but we can't change the past," I told her with empathy and sorrow.

.:::.:::.:::.:::.:::.:::.

5 years later our son Phineas passed away and joined us we are only fifty five, he was 28.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is not complete yet but there's more coming