The Bitch Came Back

[one]

“Damon! He’s here!” I heard my brother call for me as I glanced at myself in the mirror one last time. My long brown hair was in loose waves and my blue eyes were rimmed in eyeliner. I wore a grey shirt that I cut so it showed my belly and a pair of loose black sweat pants. I shrugged and started heading downstairs.

My mom told me two weeks ago that Derrick was coming to stay with us for the year. I had met Derricks parents many times before, they were nice people. Derrick was always absent at every charity event or dinner or whatever that I had ran into Sue and Jerry at, but I’m not worried about him spending the year here. Sure, at first I was sort of annoyed but I already live with 4 boys, what's one more? I hit the end of the staircase and glanced at Sue and Jerry who looked at me with loving eyes.

“Damon darlin, you look absolutely beautiful. You have really grown into yourself.” I smiled at Sue and let her swallow me into a hug.

“Thanks Sue, its nice to see you again.” I said warmly. She smiled.

“Damon, I see you really dressed up for the occasion.” I rolled my eyes at Jerry’s sarcastic comment and shrugged.

“I’m wearing my good sweats Jer. No holes, only one small stain.” He chuckled along with Sue.

“Kevin! Dylan! Michael! Caine! Bring Derrick up to say goodbye to his parents.” I rolled my eyes. My mom could have just easily called for Derrick. I pointed jokingly at the kind couple in front of me.

“You guys better get me souvenirs from all the countries you visit while in europe.” Jerry lifted a couple fingers in the air and smirked.

“I will, scouts honor.” The clobbering of footsteps coming upstairs grabbed everyone's attention as the laughing voices of my brothers and one I didn’t recognize filled the air as they came into the room. Michael came and wrapped his arm around my shoulder lightly, while Caine came and rubbed his knuckles on my scalp while I fought against them.

“Stop it asshat!” I grunted while stomping on Caine’s foot.

“Boys! Leave her alone!” I glanced up and started scanning faces, most of which trying to contain their laughter, until I landed on Derrick. He had mesmerizing chocolate brown eyes, they reminded me of Jess’s. That made me smile. His hair matched his eyes and was a curly mess on top of his head. He had a bit of stubble on his chin, making him seem older, more manly. I gulped as I let my eyes trail to his chest, the strained fabric of his blue v-neck obviously covering a well built body.

“Is she your girlfriend Michael?” Everyone pretty much choked back laughs as my jaw just dropped.

“You’re kidding right?” He scrunched his eyebrows confused.

“Are you Damon’s girlfriend? Because I know Caine, Kevin and Dylan have girlfriends.” My jaw remained dropped. This guy has to be kidding right. Sue, being the first one to compose herself, cut in first.

“Actually Derrick sweetie, she is Damon.” I glanced jokingly at Jerry.

“I see how often you talk about me Jerry.” I elbowed him while he just chuckled.

“Oh.” I glanced back him to see him blushing. My brothers are all decent guys. My mother raised us to believe that you shouldn’t play with girls emotions. So, basically my brothers courted their girlfriends. Michael is going through a bit of a partying phase, which includes me picking him up at three am when he calls drunk, but I know its just a phase.

“Derrick, I love you so much. Call if you need anything alright? I’ll call when our plane lands in Chicago and again when we hit London, alright?” Sue had tears in her eyes. She opened her arms and Derrick walked over, letting her drown him in a hug.

“I’ll be fine mom. Caine already agreed to show me around school and Dylan said since we have the same lunch, I could eat with him and Damon.” He was trying to reassure her, which was sweet. Although both me and Dylan know that I wont eat lunch with them. I never do.

“Damon can drive him to school too, and I’ll make sure he calls and checks in.” My mom jumped in. I shot her a glare. What the hell is she doing? She knows I can’t drive him!

“You sure you can handle another boy without Rob around?” My heart pinched at the sound of my fathers name. Caine wrapped an arm around me tight, knowing that I still wasn’t over my dads death.

Sure, he was an alcoholic. Sure, whenever we got money from him we questioned if it was drug money or not, but he was still my dad. I glanced at Kevin who had a bitter look on his face. Kevin wasn’t a fan on our dad when he was alive and was happy when we got the news that he was run over and in the hospital. Dylan, Caine, Michael, and mom have accepted it. Sue me, I don’t want to get over the death of my dad.

“I have been getting on fine for almost a year now, what one more boy?” Sue smiled and started running around giving us all hugs.

“You guys all be good for Linda, don’t make her go crazy alright?” Sue said hugging me, and then hugging Derrick again extra long. Jerry walked to be and kissed my temple quick and shook hands with my brothers. After many hugs and tears shed, I watched as the crazy redheaded woman and dark haired man set off to travel through europe and asia, leaving their son here for the year.

“Damon sweetie, show Derrick to his room?” I shrugged and nodded at him.

“Come on then.” I smiled warmly at him and heard his footsteps following him. I could hear my mom whispering at the boys, most likely yelling at them for something they broke.

“So, you are Damon.” He stated. I smirked.

“Thats my name, don’t wear it out.” He rolled his eyes at my cheesy response as I led him to the guest room. It was my job to repaint the walls dark blue and It physically pained me to paint over my murals to accommodate him. The compromise was my mom buying me some more paint which I was in desperate need of. I swung the door open and gestured to the freshly designed room. “Sorry its a bit small. I didn’t know what you liked so I decided on blues and whites. Bathroom is over there, just a heads up though is that you share it with Caine and Kevin so good luck with that. PS4 is under the TV, games are in the game room which is what I’m assuming my brothers were showing you downstairs. Um yeah, if you need anything I’m two doors to your left, and we all have name plates on our doors so you know, just bother one of us. I’ll leave you to yourself then.” I rushed out. His eyes roamed the room and he smirked.

“Thanks Damon. I have to say, you are a lot prettier than I imagined you. I guess I pictured you a bit more masculine and brooding. A real Damon Salvatore type.” I couldn’t breath. I hunched over, propping my upper body up on my knees as I started full out laughing at him.

“I never imagined you as a vampire diaries type, so our expectations proved to be false.” He smiled.

“Bonnie? Totally hot.” I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall.

“I don’t know, I have to say I like Alaric. How often he drinks piled on top of his broodiness and when he goes crazy and starts killing people? How awesome.” He chuckled, letting a boyish smirk plan on his lips.

“So you are the type of girl who likes the awesome character instead of the sexy one?” I wiggled my finger at him.

“I’ll deny it if you ever tell anyone.” He smirked as I left his room and went back to my own.