The Bitch Came Back

[two]

Fake eyelashes.

Eyeliner.

Ruby red lipstick.

Bronzer a bit too dark.

I continued to cake on my make up while my curling iron was cooling off. I had my outfit laid out, I decided to leave it simple today and go with an old pair of designer jeans I had gotten for christmas and a loose nude channel top. After setting down my eyeliner, I slipped on my gold bangle bracelets and my bright red heels.

“Damon, do you know where my cologne is? The stuff Amber likes?” I smirked at my brother Dylan, who sounded like he was going into panic mode. When he saw me, he looked confused. “You do realize its the first day of school, your friends will be competing for queen bee.” I rolled my eyes at Dylan.

“I think its in the drawer in Kevin’s bathroom, and for the record, it isn’t a competition. I don’t need a skin tight dress and a pair of diamond earrings to get noticed on the first day of school. Although I did lay out my brown Jovani dress and those cute white heels I got from Barneys.” I winked while he just rolled his eyes.

“Are you eating lunch with me and Derrick at lunch?” His voice sounded sort of hopeful, making me feel almost bad.

“Jason has the same lunch as us, does that answer you question.” His expression turned to complete annoyance. My brothers weren’t fond of Jason. In grade nine, I asked him out and he said ‘I would never date an anorexic bitch like you’. When I started gaining weight and working out and getting curves and learning about makeup, he started noticing me. Although I was thrilled, the guys were not.

“Whatever. I’m going to go see if I can find my cologne.” He left my room causing me to let out a deep breath. I hated when they were cold with me, and they knew that. I slipped my louis vuitton bag over my shoulder and headed downstairs. I smiled at the smell of bacon. Derrick, Caine, and Michael were already sitting at the table. Derrick was sitting in the spot I usually sit in so I moved over and grabbed a bunch of bacon and a couple eggs. Derrick stared at me as if I were an alien while the guys went on since they were used to this.

“I have never seen a girl who actually eats.” I shrugged. Dylan came down the stairs and scoffed, still clearly annoyed with me.

“Thats because when she is with her friends she starves herself.” My eyes widened, my jaw slightly dropped. I can’t believe he would ever bring up my eating disorder like that. I smacked my fork down on my plate, the room suddenly silent, everyone staring at Dylan. His face instantly softened when he realized what he said. The door to the kitchen opened and my mother, her face furious, came out with her hands on her hips.

“Dylan Alexander Callahan. I better have heard that wrong.” My moms voice was dangerously low, the voice she uses when all hell is about to break loose.

“You did mom.” I cut in for him. “I am feeling full though so I’m just going to clear my plate and get on my way.” I dumped my barely touched plate in the trash and practically chucked it into the sink. The door to the kitchen opened and I whipped my head up, glaring at whomever just walked in.

“Uh, you ready to go?” Derrick looked completely uncomfortable. My face softened a bit as I nodded.

“Sorry about that, my family is sort of intense.” He nodded and offered me a smile.

“Believe it or not, my parents argue with my sisters constantly so I’m used to it.” I rolled my eyes at the thought of his sisters Britt and Kelly. When I’m with my friends, they fit in perfectly. When they keep wanting to go out and do stuff and sleepover it gets annoying. Apparently they are staying with their friend Justine for the year, thank god they weren’t staying here.

“Come on then, lets go.” I smiled warmly at him and led him to the garage. His mouth was practically on the ground when he saw my silver aston martin in the garage. I pointed at him. “If you damage Ricky in any way, I will hurt you.” He smirked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“Ricky?” I ran my hand down the hood of my beautiful car.

“Ricky.” He rolled his eyes and jerked on the door handle. After quickly unlocking Ricky and letting him in, we were off to school.

School was only a five minute drive away, and the entire drive was filled with him admiring Ricky. It made me smile how light he was being with the conversation and not bothering me about this morning. When we pulled into the parking lot, Derricks eyes were wide.

“Welcome to Romanesque High.” His eyes roamed the parking lot.

“The cars…” He trailed on. I offered him a small smile. I could already see a crowd migrating towards the car. I gave him an apologetic smile and climbed out of the car.

“Damey!” I heard Abby squeal and I looked over and saw my so called best friend hurrying across the parking lot in five inch heels and a dress that looked like she should be at a club not at high school.

“Abby sweetie!” I faked equal excitement. She leaned over and quickly kissed both of my cheeks. Derrick got out of my car and when Abby’s gaze landed on him, her nose instantly scrunched up.

“Who’s this?” I rolled my eyes in a really bitchy way.

“Oh, just the guy staying at my house.” She nodded her head in a sympathetic way. I glanced at him in the corner of my eyes, seeing his confused expression.

“Good, I thought you super lowered your standards or something.” Trust me, he fits perfectly into my standards.I felt bad. She glanced at Derrick. “You look like a lost deer in headlights. Main office is through the front doors, Creepy Kevin and his friends hang out on the side of the school. Shoo. Get lost.” Abby said, flicking her hands. He looked straight at me, as if he were waiting for me to stand up for him. I pursed my lips and threw my hand on my hip.

“You aren’t deaf, right?” He almost looked hurt as he started walking away.

“Thats my girl.” I turned around and smiled at Jason. He glanced up and down at my outfit and frowned. “I thought you were going to wear that brown dress I got you, the whole point was to match.” I mustered up the best smile I could.

“I’m wearing it tomorrow. I felt like dressing simple today.” He rolled his eyes.

“Don’t bother, I would be surprised if it still fit you with all the weight you have gained over the summer.” What was there of my real smile was gone as I forced a smile onto my face.

“Sorry sweetie, I’ll start watching what I eat.” He got a huge smile on his face as he wrapped me up in a tight hug and pressed his face to mine in a quick heated kiss. He pulled away to smirk at me.

“Thats my girl.”