Such Sweet Destruction

Take another wretched soul on the hell-ride

Two men wearing radiation suits walk through the empty shell of what once was the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. Since the catastrophic nuclear accident that happened in 1986, the power plant hasn’t been used. Even the area around the plant is absent of people. Nature has taken over and many of the old buildings in the 19 mile radius are covered by trees and their roots. The radiation levels are too high and any normal person wouldn’t be stupid enough to risk it. That’s why this makes a perfect place to hide something; something that you don’t want others to find.

“We don’t get paid enough for this bullshit,” The first man’s Ukrainian accent breaks the deathly, eerie silence. “Part of me wants to pull the plug on her. Risk of radiation poison isn’t worth checking up on this bitch.”

“Do it, I’d like to see you get killed.” an American accent comes from the second man. “Strucker gave us specific orders to look after her. She’s the back up.”

“Why do we need a back up?” The Ukrainian asks, “Winter Soldier is unstoppable and Pierce is the highest rank of SHIELD. There is no way we can be stopped.” Before the American could reply, his phone vibrated indicating a message was sent through; most likely an order from Strucker.

The American’s jaw drops as he reads the message before looking up at his partner so he can recite it; word for word. “The Soldier has failed, we release Chernobyl. Inform the others.”

The Ukrainian eyes widen; no one has seen the young girl they kept on ice in action. The only one that knows what she’s capable of is in hiding after failing. The reason she’s a backup plan is mainly because she’s as unstable as the nuclear power that turned this area into a ghost town. They keep her in a cryogenic stasis to keep those around her safe. The only one that can handle her is the Winter Soldier; and who knows where he’s hiding.

The American walks up to the sleep chamber and peers in. Behind the frosted and iced glass, he sees a young girl, no older than 20, laying down. Her pale skin only seems to pop against her dark brown almost black hair. Nothing is really known about her besides the fact she’s been kept under for years. They only brought her out to train and that’s it.

“Do you think this is a good idea?” The Ukrainian asks. “Bringing out the bomb? Strucker can’t be this desperate can he?”

“The Soldier failed and HYDRA must prevail,” the American replies, his eyes never leaving the girl in the chamber. “Wake the girl, Ivan, it’s time for her to show the Soldier how it’s done…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an idea I got. Hopefully it works out because I really like this idea. Obviously takes place after Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Debating on if I want to stick to writing in third person or go back to first.