Part of the Pack

werewolves don't roll like that.

"Alright, you obviously know why I called you all here. Brayden and Lydia found a body in the field of the school last night." Derek said, standing before us, Scott by his side.

"From what we can tell, this was the same person who bit Brayden. They were looking for more people to add to their pack. Which also means that whenever they tried to bite this guy, his body rejected the bite and well, you guys know the rest." Scott announced.

"So, what's the plan then?" Stiles asked.

"Well, his scent was all over the body he left on the field. So Derek and I have been trying to track him down that way. But so far, that's all we know. Keep an eye on Brayden. She was who he wanted in the first place, so he's probably going to come back for her. Someone needs to be with her around the clock."

"No, no, no. I don't need a babysitter. My friends are already suspicious of you guys enough as it is." she shook her head.

"Do you want to live?" Derek rhetorically asked her. She sighed.

"Don't worry Brayden," Scott began. "We'll lay low. Don't forget, you're one of us now."

The pack shuffled out of Derek's loft, and Brayden ran to catch up with Lydia and Allison who were getting into Lydia's car.

"Hey, Lydia! Allison!" Brayden ran over.

"Yes?" Lydia asked.

"My friends are having this party weekend, on Friday. You guys should come, it's going to be fun. Scott said he'd try to drop by as well." Brayden told them.

"Yeah, totally! It's been a while since I've been able to go to a party." Allison nodded.

"Who's throwing it?" Lydia asked.

"Mariah Lawson." Brayden answered.

"Hmm. Okay. I'll be there." Lydia replied. "I mean her parties are good, just not as good as mine. Text me the address. Bye!"

With that, Lydia got in her car and drove off.

~~

Throughout the week, Brayden had texted some of the other pack members too. Stiles, Isaac, Kira, inviting them all to the party. Surprisingly, all of them had agreed to come.

Friday night came, and sure enough, Mariah's parents were out of town. She had called Rebecca and Brayden to help her set up the house, and people were starting to rush through the door. Mariah was more than pleased with the amount of people who showed up and were now crowding her entire house.

Scott and Kira showed up first, then Stiles, then Isaac, then the twins, and of course being fashionably late, Lydia Martin.

"You actually got her to come! Lydia Martin, is at my party!" Mariah squealed. "Alright guys, have fun. I'm going to get myself a drink!"

"What about you, Becca?" Brayden asked.

"I'm going to see if I can snatch up one of the boys on the lacrosse team." she smirked.

Brayden hated when Mariah threw parties, Mariah was underage and her parents were very strict, so whenever Mariah had the chance to rebel, she did. Mariah was a crazy drunk and usually ended up making a fool of herself. There wasn't a time when Brayden and Rebecca didn't end up sleeping at Mariah's house just so they could hold her hair while she puked her guts out in the toilet and help her clean up the place in the morning before her parents got home. It wasn't Brayden's idea of fun.

Brayden sat on the couch, not really in the mood for the party. Especially considering everything that had happened in the past couple weeks. She had no idea Lydia could be a banshee, and still maintain her reputation as the most popular girl in school.

"Hey," Stiles smiled, sitting down next to her with a red party cup in hand.

"Hey," she smiled. "How are you enjoying the party?"

"It's good." he nodded. "I can't drink though, I'm designated driver."

"Responsible." Brayden laughed. "What are you drinking?"

"The punch." Stiles said, taking a sip.

"It's spiked." Brayden raised her eyebrow.

Stiles' eyes went wide, spitting the pink liquids right back into the cup, making Brayden giggle.

Brayden looked around the room to observe the party. Mariah was flirting with a senior who had decided to come and giggling like a maniac. Rebecca was pouring herself another drink, Scott & Kira were dancing, Lydia was gossiping with Allison, the twins were playing beer pong. Isaac was sitting down, talking to some of the other boys on the lacrosse team.

"It doesn't seem like you're enjoying this very much." Stiles said.

Brayden shrugged, "I just have a lot on my mind. It just doesn't feel like the time to partying, you know?"

"Yeah," Stiles agreed. "Not to mention the fact that if my dad knew I was here, he'd kill me."

Suddenly, Brayden felt the urge to scream, her vision started to go blurry and she headed for the door, Stiles right behind her, calling for Scott to find Lydia. He grabbed Brayden's arm, leading her outside safely and making sure she didn't trip over the steps leading to the porch. Brayden fell to her knees, tugging on her hair. Before Stiles could cover his ears, Brayden let out a piercing scream.

"What happened?" Stiles asked her.

"Another body." Brayden choked out, breathing heavily.

"Dead already?" Stiles asked. She nodded.

"Okay, come on." Stiles said helping her up. "We're getting out of here."

Soon enough, Scott and Kira were ushering Lydia out of the house as well. Allison ran out behind them.

"Brayden, give me your keys." Stiles said. Brayden handed him her car keys, and Stiles tossed them over to Kira.

"Okay, Scott take your bike. I'll take Brayden, Kira is going to drive Brayden's car, and Allison is going to take Lydia in Lydia's car." Stiles ordered. He then turned to Brayden and Lydia. "Do you guys know where the body is?"

They looked at each other and nodded.

"Alright, come on, let's go!" Scott shouted, putting on his bike helmet.

With their pack of vehicles, they all started down the road. Brayden began to tell Stiles exactly where to go, though she herself had no idea where this would lead them.

Finally they pulled up to their destination.

"The hospital Brayden? Really? There's like a million dead bodies here." Stiles groaned, parking and turning off the car.

"It's here. I'm sure." she looked at him.

"Alright, let's go." Stiles said. Walking in, he saw his father standing at the front desk. Scott showed up beside them.

"Stiles, what's your dad doing here?" Scott asked. Stiles shrugged in reply.

"Does your dad know about the-"

"Werewolves and banshees and stuff? Yes, unfortunately." Stiles shook his head, walking up to the Sheriff.

Sheriff turned, seeing his son and pulled him aside, along with Scott. They huddled together, talking in a hushed tone as the others waited. The Sheriff looked around, and then waved to the others, motioning for them to follow him. The group followed him into a room where a body was covered with a white sheet. Sheriff Stilinski pulled the white sheet down. The body was pale, with stitches throughout the torso.

"Where the stitches are, that's where they scratched through the skin. They tried to save him, but he lost too much blood. No bite marks."

"But I thought this guy was trying to build a pack. Why would he just randomly kill someone?" Stiles asked looking over at Scott.

"He could have been bitten earlier. Before Brayden, maybe. So the bite mark would have healed, but maybe he decided he didn't want him anymore." Scott suggested.

"Maybe he betrayed him, or maybe he was too weak." Stiles suggested.

"Couldn't he have just bitten him again to take away his power and let him live?" Brayden asked. All eyes were on her now in surprise. "What? I've been reading up on this stuff."

"Yeah, werewolves don't exactly roll like that, Bray." Allison replied. "Especially power-hungry ones."
♠ ♠ ♠
Brayden's outfit

Here's a long one for you guys since I was feeling really inspired tonight and I haven't posted in a really long time. Hope you're all having a Happy Holidays!
Thanks to all the subscribers, and the commenters:
Mike Wazowski;
& Callused Silk

Don't forget to subscribe and comment!
Thanks for reading!
~ Kennedy. xx