Status: And now I'm back, from outer space.

The Blind Diviner

Seven

Reed leaned back in the chair, balancing the back legs as he listen to Cosima repeat her story for the third time. Every detail was the same, nothing changed. He couldn’t help but shake his head, wondering why she was lying.

“You know, I’m not going to repeat myself again if you think I’m just lying.” Reed let the chair fall back to the ground, having trouble grappling with this mind reading thing that she has, thinking how impossible it was but nothing she has said about him or what he was thinking had been wrong yet.

“You can’t exactly blame me. I mean, this invisible entity thing sounds like a bad trip.” Although Reed knew absolutely that Cosima was not on drugs during this.

“Well, I wish it was just that. It’s not like this has happened to me enough times for me just to shrug my shoulders and call it a day. I wish I were lying but this is what happened. And this is why I’m saying for you, again, to just drop the case. Blame it on something else besides what I’m giving you. I’d rather not be locked up in a psych ward.”

“I can’t find something to blame this all on if they didn’t leave any evidence for me to do so.” Reed scooted in closer to her, leaning in, “there is nothing there, Cosima.”

“Then what the fuck am I suppose to do? The closest chance I have for someone to believe me is you unfortunately.” Cosima let her head rest against lightly against her hands, “this is just a nightmare.”

Ah, shit. Am I actually starting to believe her?

“It’s my job to see this thing through, Cosima. Or at least try to, I’m not actually technically in charge of the case.”

Cosima snapped her head up at the statement. “What?”

“This case has taken top priority so my captain has taken it under his wing. I actually don’t think he knows I’m here either.’ Reed looked at the clock, thinking that his time could be cut short at any moment.

“Are you kidding me? Is anything I said admissible then? Like, you aren’t in charge and I just gave my statement to someone who isn’t even on my case.”

“Oh yeah, it’ll be fine,” Reed shrugged, getting up from the chair to stretch his legs.

A light knock on the door stopped Cosima from becoming anymore pressed about it. A nurse entered, a smile on her face. “Time to change those bandages.”

“I can leave for this,” Reed offered, not knowing if he wanted to see the injuries yet.

“Only if you’re squeamish, sir.” Reed then felt like he had to prove that he wasn’t, even though it was just a nurse.

“Hm, typical.” Cosima mused, thinking it was such a ‘guy’ thing.

“Pardon?” The nurse asked, stopping the process of unwrapping the bandages.

“Oh, just-it’s nothing.” Cosima smiled uncomfortably, letting her continue.

The nurse tossed the used bandages into a small trash bag next to her. Starting to clean the stictch and leaking wounds. Cosima flinched when she pressed a little too gingerly against them. She apologized, wiping and little more gently.

“The good news is that the discharge is clear and normal. Bad news is that is I’d like for them to be healing a little faster than they are but that’ll come with time more likely as other parts of your body heal first. It’s funny how the body takes priority over some things.”

What is going to tell people when they ask about her scars? God, I pity her for that question.

Cosima narrowed her eyes over to Reed, who didn’t seem to be grasping the concept that she could hear what he was thinking. He noticed a gave an apologetic look but also shrugged his shoulders to defend that it was true.

“Alright, last one.” The nurse slide down the hospital gown from her shoulders, exposing the last of her arm wounds.

“When does she start physical therapy?” Reed’s question made her narrow her eyes yet again, not wanting any of her process be his knowledge yet.

“It’ll be awhile. We have to wait until the tendons heal enough to handle some stress. It could be months.” Cosima wanted to cry, she didn’t sign up for any of this bullshit. Was she just suppose to sit in the hospital the whole time?

That’s bullshit. You’ll heal before that.

Cosima looked over to Reed, seeing him quirk his brow before turning away and leaving the room. She wasn’t sure about how she felt about them being almost friends. She didn’t like him much really and she knew he still had his qualms with her. It was just cooperation and respect for now.

Reed went up to the nurse’s station, asking them to make copies for any notes, tests, and observations made since she’s arrived. He already had some of the copies, but Scad’s had them now. He wanted copies for himself. The badge that he showed didn’t let them question why he needed them again.

“Hunter,” he heard from behind him and he cursed under his breath. “I’m hoping you’re not here disobeying orders.”

“Huh? What orders?” Reed wondered aloud, turning and leaning casually against the station.

“My case, Hunter. Keep your nose out of it.” Reed nodded, raising his hands in mock surrender. “And since I know you haven’t been, give me your notes from interviewing her.”

Reed sighed, tugging his notepad from his back pocket and slapping it into Scad’s hand. “I really think she’d feel more comfortable with me on this case, sir.”

“Doesn’t matter until I approve it. Now go back to the station. I don’t want to see you around her again, got it?” Scad’s waited until Reed nodded.

“Fuck that,” Reed mumbled under his breath after Scad’s left him.

“Here are those copies, detective.” Reed looked over, smiling at the attractive nurse.

“Thanks, sweetheart,” he winked, making his way to get back to the station.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I've been busy with my other story and just now decided that I need to move over to this before I just get ahead of myself with my other one. I want to just write and keep writing but I need to step it back for a second.

I was also tired when I wrote this so I'm sorry if it's like littered with mistakes.

Things will start to happen next chapter, although this was a fillerish chapter (I apologize)

Anyways..Comment! Subscribe!

Avec l'amour

Mel