Unbreakable

→ t e n

The sound of bells hanging above the doorway was heard jingling, and then a voice spoke after a brief pause, "What are you two doing?"

"Staring contest. Loser has to close up tonight," Axel responded easily.

"Aren't the both of you supposed to be staying till closing tonight?" Isaac raised an eyebrow. "I'm the one who's getting off early."

Both teenagers smirked, though they were still engaging in their staring contest. "Getting off early, aye?"

"Yeah," Isaac scoffed, "Why? Wanna help me get off? We could have a threesome."

"Okay mate, there's a line," Arabella cringed slightly, though she was laughing lightly. "You've crossed it." Then she unconsciously darted her eyes over to the boy to shoot him a look, only to realise that she'd broken her stare with the bloke in front of her – effectively letting him win the staring contest. "Dammit!"

"Fuck yes!" Axel yelled out dramatically, earning immediate smacks from the other two working. He grinned at them sheepishly, darting his eyes around the little café to shoot apologetic glances at the customers who were looking at him in distaste for swearing and loudly, too.

"God, this is so unfair," Arabella sighed dramatically, pouting her bottom lip over at him.

Axel merely grinned at her in response, "Oh come on. I'll do my half and then I'll leave. Won't make you do all the work. Unless someone comes in at five to ten, ordering a fucking ice-blend."

"I hate when that happens," Isaac chimed in agreement before paining on a smile for the woman who'd just walked into the little café and up to the counter. She greeted him with a smile and ordered her drink, then Axel was getting to his feet to make the drink whilst Arabella sat and watched, cheek resting in her open palm.

Working at The Intersection was the best thing ever. It was Arabella's first proper part-time job and she had no intentions of quitting anytime soon. She'd gone in with zero experience, afraid that she wouldn't get along with whoever that she'd have to work with, but ended up with three new best mates within a month of working there. The three new best mates she'd made all being around the same age range as herself, and were full-time students at the same uni, too. They were just all studying different things, in different years of study.

There was Isaac with dark hair that was usually up in a quiff and really dark green eyes, pale skin, rather skinny and only an inch or two taller than the ginger. Born and bred in London, and he'd gotten the job because his cousin worked there, too, and offered him the job whilst he was still finishing secondary school.

And there was Axel, also with short dark hair, hazel eyes, also skinny, with a few tattoos scattered over his body. Though, unlike Isaac, he was well tall – taller than Harry, even, and Harry was already pretty damn tall. He'd been friends with Isaac since secondary school and got the job because of him.

Seth, though he wasn't working with them in the current moment, had long jet-black hair, set with a Jedi plait but he, somehow, rocked the look, dark brown eyes, well-built and also rather tall; with stretched ears and tattoos covering both his arms and most of his tanned body. He, too, hadn't known Isaac or Axel before working there, but once he'd started, they became a set of best mates.

Arabella was honestly afraid that they wouldn't like her, since she knew that they were mates – she'd seen them (Axel and Isaac) goofing off together, along with Seth when she went to apply for the job – but they welcomed her with open arms and she realised she had nothing to worry about.

The Intersection was a nice place to work at, mostly because sometimes it'd be really busy, and others it'd just be like no one wanted to come in at all. At the end of the day, they'd still earn well over five hundred pounds. Maybe even eight hundred, on a good day. Everyone there got along with each other and they controlled the music so when there was no one around, they'd end up blasting songs like You Only Live Once by Suicide Silence and have a little mosh pit in the empty café and immediately calm down the music and themselves when someone walked in.

It was also a place that Arabella had come to refer to as home. It wasn't that she didn't feel comfortable in her flat. It was just that... This was where she had people she cared about. People that could make her shit day instantly better because of their stupid jokes and teasing tones. People she could call brothers. In her flat, it was just her.

Sure, she had Finn as a neighbour, and he was a really good friend, and Harry (since he was on break an all) popping by almost every week because it seemed like the pop star lacked a life without touring and rehearsals to think about, but those were just visitors. At the end of the day, she'd still be alone in her flat.

The Intersection was familiar. It was home.

+

"I can't believe you're leaving me to close up on my own," Arabella huffed as Axel grabbed his longboard, shooting the girl a cheeky grin. "It's not even nine yet!"

Axel very deliberately turned his head in the direction of the wall clock. He stared at it for half a minute, then he turned back to her, "There," he beamed, gesturing to the clock. "It's nine."

"You are such a dick," she huffed.

Axel laughed joyfully, throwing his head back as he did so. "You'll manage. Barely anyone else is going to come in, anyway. I reckon boss won't care if you close up early."

"If he doesn't find out then yeah, he won't get mad. If he does, though..."

Axel laughed again. "I've already cleaned the blenders and wiped the counters and shit. Swept the floor, too. The only thing you've got to do is sweep again and then take out the trash, and count the money."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Arabella grumbled, pouting her bottom lip slightly. "Just leave," she huffed, turning away with her nose up high.

He chortled, "I'm leaving early for a good reason!" He protested.

Arabella finally cracked a grin, "I know," she chuckled. "Go finish up your paper. Don't wanna get kicked out of school, do you?" She teased and then they were both chuckling again. "I'll see you whenever."

"Call me if anything happens!" He called over his shoulder as he made his way out.

She called back an 'okay' before he was pushing on the doors and skating down the pavement, to get home. Axel had a flat precisely seven minutes away from the café, which meant that he could get to the café the fastest (in under five minutes on his longboard), should anything bad happen whilst only Arabella was in there. Made her feel better, even if she didn't like closing up – let alone doing it alone.

Barely ten minutes passed (and she'd spent that time scrolling through her Tumblr dashboard) when the bells above the door jingled. Her finger went to the power button as she looked up, only to release it with a grin as she took in the curly-haired lad with the headband on, dimples on full display as he smiled at her.

"What are you doing here?" Arabella asked with a small smile.

"What – is that how you greet your customers?" Harry gasped in offence, bringing a hand to his heart.

"Only the ones that have a special place in my heart," she batted her eyelashes over at him and he laughed. Arabella pulled a grin before letting out a single laugh, locking her phone and setting it back to where it was still plugged into the speakers that played the music in the café. "What can I get you?"

"Uh... I don't know," he brought his fingers to his lips, pulling at it slightly as his eyes went to scan the menu above the counter. Harry darted his eyes back to her, "What do you reckon I should get?"

"Considering how much you like bananas... Something with bananas," Arabella chuckled.

"Bananas are good!" He protested, wagging a finger in her direction. "And yeah, sure, whatever's fine."

Arabella nodded, turning around to start making his drink. "So what brings you here?" She asked conversationally as she glanced over her shoulder to see Harry settling down at the table nearest to the counter.

He shrugged, "Haven't been here in a while. Thought I'd come see you and Axel and them. How come you're alone?"

Harry hung around the café often enough, that even he had become friends with Axel and Isaac and Seth. Not as good friends as Arabella was with them, but still friends, nonetheless. They'd be able to have conversations whilst Arabella was busy making drinks and not feel awkward; which Harry really liked since they didn't give a shit that he was the Harry Styles.

"Axe had a paper to finish so he headed back early. Isaac finished his shift at six," the ginger explained before she turned on the blender and the sound echoed around the empty little café. She turned it off soon enough and then she pouted her bottom lip over at the older boy, "I'm all alone," she sobbed dramatically, earning a laugh from him.

"I'm here," he beamed, winking at her.

"True," she allowed, "But even when you stay till closing, you just sit around and do nothing," she shrugged her shoulders as she brought the drink that she'd made into a plastic cup, topping it with whipped cream and then walking out from behind the counter to hand him the drink and sit next to him, at the table next to the one he was sat at – since the chairs were quite close to each other.

Harry took a sip from the drink, pulling the straw from his lips with an obnoxious smack from his lips. "This is good," he grinned, looking at her, to which she offered him a two-fingered salute. "How much do I owe you?"

Arabella waved him off, "S'fine."

He chuckled, "Sometimes it's nice having a mate that works in a coffee shop."

"So that's why you're still friends with me," she gasped in a mock offended tone and he laughed some more, shaking his head in amusement.

"Come," Harry said suddenly, wiggling in his seat.

Arabella blinked at him, "Where?"

"Nowhere," he was still wiggling in his seat. Then he finally pulled out his phone from his ridiculously tight jeans, grinning as he pulled up the camera. "Selfie time," he beamed as he tried to manoeuvre his arm so that it was slung across her shoulder.

"Nooo," she whined, trying to duck out of his hold. "I look like a proper mess. Been working since two in the afternoon. I look like shit."

Harry pulled back, eyebrows furrowing as his eyes darted across her face. Then he relaxed his face, "Nope. Still gorgeous. C'mere."

+

Harry Styles getting cozy with Mystery Ginger after recent break-up?

It seems like the womanising One Direction member is at it again. He's been linked to so many different women – from television presented Caroline Flack, to fashion model and socialite Cara Delevingne, then to American model/reality television star Kendall Jenner – and it seems that he's now after a normal girl?

Harry posted a photo on his Instagram recently of him and this girl, both pulling silly faces to the camera. They definitely look adorable together, we can safely say that.

And as far as anyone knows, this girl is no supermodel or actress, but she's definitely beautiful enough to be one!

One thing's for sure, the smile that is on Mr. Harry Styles' face in his Instagram post and in the other pictures that our sources have gotten of him hanging out with her in a local coffee shop is enough to make every girl's hear flutter as we all collectively swoon. The girl that's put that smile on his face must definitely be special to him. So who is this Mystery Ginger? Do you think she'll stick around? Or will she be another girl he's seen with and then cutting ties off with a month or two later? Tell us your opinions in the comments!


+

Harry scoffed at the article lit up on his phone. There was the picture that he'd posted to Instagram in the article, as were there pictures of Harry and Arabella laughing in the coffee shop – Arabella washing cups and the blender and other things that needed to be washed while he leaned on his forearms on the counter, hand playing with the broom, since he'd just helped her sweep the café floor. One couldn't see the name of the café in the picture so that made him a little bit more at ease, since he knew for sure that not everyone will know where the café was and come just to stalk Arabella.

Though, most of his fans would already know who Arabella was. She'd been in his Instagram and Twitter pictures many times before, and he was basically making it known that she was his best friend ever since he'd made his social media accounts. As far as he knew, they all liked her, too. More than any other girl he'd been linked to.

He rolled his eyes. The things that people would do just to get people to read their shit was ridiculous. He dialled a familiar number, bringing the phone to his ear as he threw his body back down onto the bed so that he was staring at the ceiling.

"Hello?"

"Apparently you're a mystery," Harry said in greeting, scoffing a bit.

"I'm about as mysterious as you are," Arabella laughed on the other end of the line. "What's happened?"

"Some paps got photos of you and me at The Intersection. Then there's this article online about you being my new... Girlfriend, I guess. Don't even know why."

Arabella laughed, "Anything else in that wonderful article?"

"Nothing relevant," he shrugged though she couldn't see him. "There's only one thing I agree with, though."

"And what's that?"

"They said you're beautiful enough to be a model," Harry pointed out smugly. "Have I not been telling you that all your life?"

"Uh... No, you have not," Arabella sassed and Harry chortled. "And I'm quite content with being a barista, thanks.

"I could hook you up," he sing-songed into the phone. "I know people."

"Of course you do."

"I do!" He insisted. "I can get you, like, a meeting or something. Or, like, a trial run for a photo shoot, or something. I don't know. I'm not a model."

"You could be one, though. You've got a rather pretty face."

Harry grinned, even though they were on the phone and she couldn't see his grin. "Thanks, but you've got a prettier face."

"No, you know who has got a pretty face?"

"... Who?"

"Zayn," came her reply in a matter-of-fact voice. "That boy looks better than I do as a girl. And he's not even a girl."

"That is true," he pondered, pursing his lips in thought. "It's kind of creepy, don't you think? That he's a very pretty boy and a very pretty girl."

"I guess so," she mumbled in reply. "But you've got to admit that you and him looked like you were going to just strip naked and shag right then and there during the Best Song Ever music video."

Harry gasped, "Did not!"

"You were doing the thing!"

"What thing?!"

"The lip bite thing!"
Arabella pointed out with a laugh. "It's the most sexual thing I've ever seen of you with a girl, and that girl had a dick!"
♠ ♠ ♠
ah yes i have successfully made shit up for ten chapters this is gr8 i also named this chapter 'ben 10' when i was writing it and i laughed for five minutes idk i'm tired sorry for the filler and sucky chapt sobz

the thing

quick question: new layout or the old one? and the old pic of the girl, or the new one? (it's the little things ya know)

i've also realised how terrible i am at describing appearances so – Isaac | Axel | Seth
click on the link to seth (a.k.a. tony perry) bc it is literally the hottest thing ever.

massive thanks to linvro and infectednarry for commenting! :) x

thanks for subscribing, recommending, or just silently reading! means a lot xx

{ unedited – I apologise for any spelling and/or grammar errors }