Unbreakable

→ f i v e

The so-called "party" was really just a bunch of Nick's mates gathering at a club, getting drunk and grinding on random people. There was no specific reason for the "party", since Nick Grimshaw himself had actually said that he only wanted to hang out with his mates and get drunk. A club was the most appropriate place to do that, thus why the two teenagers were currently in a club – the older of the two with a cup of something with various different alcohol poured into it while the younger had a fruity drink that contained no alcohol.

Arabella didn't drink much under normal circumstance, anyway. Also, seeing as how Harry was already on his third glass of something really bloody strong, she knew that she would be the one dragging his drunken ass home.

"Not drinking anything, love?" Nick asked with a lazy smirk across his lips, his eyes glassy from the amount of alcohol he'd already consumed.

Arabella laughed lightly, shaking her head. "I'm good, thanks."

"Ah, that's a shame." He sighed, smirking over at her. "Was hoping I could charm you and buy you a drink. You're looking gorgeous tonight."

"Thank you," she chuckled. "I don't drink, though, so maybe you could try and charm someone else." She suggested with an amused smile as she took a sip of her fruity drink.

"That's... A good idea," he nodded slowly, turning so that his back was to the bar, just like Arabella. "Your boy is earning all the females' attention, though."

"He's famous. They just want their five minutes of fame," she shrugged honestly, even though she knew that Nick was more than tipsy and would more than likely not remember their conversation at all the following day.

"Bummer, innit?"

"What?"

"That he's not giving you any attention,"

Arabella chuckled, "Just because we're mates and that I don't know anyone else here, it doesn't mean that I've to stick with him the whole time."

"You know me now!"

"Yes I do, Grimmy," she tilted her glass over in his direction with a little grin.

Harry stumbled over to the pair then, his long fingers wrapped around an empty bottle of beer. He frowned lightly before he relaxed his face, grinning widely at his two mates. "Heyyyy," he drawled out, hiccuping at the end of his sentence. "What're you two talking about?"

"You," Nick and Arabella responded at the same time, making him frown.

"I feel left out," he pouted his bottom lip, blinking his wide green eyes over at them.

Nick laughed, "I'm gonna go find someone to hit on," he mumbled before he walked away from the two teenagers by the bar.

The girl watched him go, sauntering up to a very, very good-looking bloke in a tight t-shirt and skinny jeans. She turned to Harry then, who was watching her with an awestruck look in his eyes. She smiled slowly, though her eyebrows crinkled together. "What?" She laughed.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, reaching a hand out to brush her hair out of her face. "How are you single?"

She chuckled, shrugging a shoulder. "How are you single?" Arabella asked instead.

"Every girl isn't the right girl, and it's annoying," he sighed, nibbling on his bottom lip. Then he yawned, bringing a hand to rub at his eye. "M'tired," he mumbled out.

Arabella glanced at the watch on her wrist, noting that it was already a quarter to two in the morning. They'd been there for way longer than she thought, so she finished up her drink, wrapping an arm around the boy's waist while his arm went around her shoulder. "Let's get you home," she muttered under her breath, only stopping to get their coats on, and then walking out the back entrance – she'd seen paparazzi at the front entrance.

"Come on," she coaxed as she pulled him along to his car, the digging around her bag for his car keys. Once she'd unlocked the car and made sure he had the seatbelt on, she shut the door and went round the front to get to the driver's side. "You're gonna suffer tomorrow," she chuckled softly, shaking her head in amusement.

"But you'll take care of me, right?" He mumbled out sleepily, words horribly slurred from the alcohol in his blood and the sleepiness in his body. "I know you will. Because you're my best friend and you're always there for me and I love you for that."

+

The sunlight streaming through the blinds in the bedroom he was in made it impossible for him to stay asleep. A throbbing headache plagued his brain as he slowly awoke from him slumber, gaining consciousness of his surroundings.

He groaned softly, bringing two fingers from either hands to his temple, rubbing in soothing circular motions – trying so hard to rid himself of the headache without having to get out of bed. When his attempts seem futile, he pushed himself into a seating position on the bed. His heavy eyelids scanned his surrounding, lips curling up into a small, half-hearted smile as he saw the painkillers on the bedside table, beside a full glass of plain water.

Once he'd downed the pills, Harry let his eyes wander around his surroundings, noting that he was in Arabella's bedroom.

He heaved himself off of the bed, slowly trudging his way into the kitchen to see if she was home. She wasn't, but she'd left a plate of greasy breakfast and a cup of special tea that she'd often referred to as her 'hangover remedy', causing Harry to almost fist pumped in the air because of it. There was a note, saying that she'd left for school and wouldn't be back till four, maybe five, and that he could fuck off once he was done with the breakfast and had taken a shower.

Harry chuckled. Of course she'd say something like that.

Harry ended up lounging around in her flat all day in nothing but a pair of loose joggers – he'd left some clothes in her flat for times like these – watching the telly and ordering Chinese food whilst awaiting her return. His headache was gone after a while, thanks to her tea and breakfast, so he really didn't do anything apart from laze around like a sloth.

The front door opened at almost five in the afternoon, and Harry turned at the sound of footsteps approaching him. Arabella took one look at him and scoffed playfully, rolling her eyes. "Eugh, you're still here?"

"Too lazy to go home," he shrugged causally, grinning at her. "How was your day?"

"Tiring," she mumbled, collapsing on the sofa next to him. "I'm sleepy."

"Aww," he cooed, pulling her body towards him and then positioning her so that her head was resting on his lap.

"How's your hangover?" She asked in return, shutting her eyes in content as Harry pulled the hair-tie out of her hair and started running his fingers through her hair.

"Completely gone," he grinned. "Thanks for the tea and breakfast and pills and bringing me home in one piece, by the way."

Arabella popped her eyes open, raising an eyebrow at him. "In one piece?" She echoed in a questioning tone.

"Ara," he said simply, "We both know you're a shit driver."

She scoffed, using the back of her hand to hit his chest. "Dick."

Harry laughed joyfully, letting his head fall back to rest along the back of the sofa. "You know I'm only joking," he chuckled, lifting his head back up so that he could watch the telly again. "But seriously – thanks for taking care of me."

"S'no problem," Arabella mumbled in reply, her eyes fluttering shut once more.

Harry breathed a chuckle, "I missed this, you know. When we're on tour, and I don't get to just chill with you. I miss it."

"We talk on Skype though."

"Like once a week," he shot back as she cracked an eye open, the corner of her lips curling up into a half smile. "Plus. I don't get to see you in person, and, I don't know, it's weird."

"At least we're still mates," Arabella pointed out with another half-smile, shutting the eye that she'd open. "We could've lost contact the moment you went on tour and stuff."

"True," he allowed. "But I don't like thinking about that."

She chuckled softly. "Me neither."

"Go to sleep, love," he murmured softly, still running his long fingers through the brightly coloured hair of the girl whose head was on his lap. "You look shattered."

"I am," she sighed.

"Go to sleep," he mumbled again, a small smile on his face at the look of innocence that appeared on her face as she fell asleep whilst in his lap.

He couldn't help but admire her for a bit. Then with a small shake of his head, he turned his attention back to the movie that was playing on the telly. And that was how he'd spent the rest of his day, watching the telly whilst his best friend fell asleep in his lap.

And he swore that he never felt more content in his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
massive thanks for the recommendations :) x

also: thank you for subscribing. if you're a silent reader then i thank you, too. :) xx