Unbreakable

→ s e v e n

"Let me be the one to, light a fire inside those eyes! You've been lonely, you don't even know me. But I can feel you crying! Diana – "

"This is a lovely thing to walk in on," Harry laughed as Arabella caught sight of him watching her as she danced around the lounge, belting out the lyrics to his song. She didn't bother being embarrassed about being caught, instead; she grinned at him, pulling at his hands and making him dance around with her.

Harry went along with it, because dancing and singing along terribly to one of his songs was always a fun thing. Arabella could sing, he knew that. She wasn't fantastic, but she wasn't terrible, either. But from how she was belting out the lyrics to Diana, she was most definitely making it seem like she couldn't even hold a pitch to save a life.

He'd only had intentions on coming over because he was bored; maybe take her out for dinner and then a walk or a drive around to nowhere in particular – since that was how their plans usually came about anyways. They never actually made proper plans to go out and stuff. It was more of a: "Are you free?" "No, I'm expensive." "Great, I'm coming over in ten minutes. Be dressed. Or not. Your choice."

Those were literally their conversations whenever Harry was back in London and Arabella didn't have school. Hell, that was what their conversations were like even before he went on The X Factor. Only then, neither of them had licenses so it really just ended up with the both of them on their bicycles which ultimately resulted in one of them complaining about leg cramps before they were headed back home for hot chocolates and quality television time.

The One Direction song ended then, and they were both laughing – Harry using one of his hands that was still enveloped in hers to twirl her around in a circle, only to let her go at the last minute so that she'd crash into the sofa with a laugh bubbling from her pink lips. Another song started playing then, the guitar being the first thing heard before the drums and bass and other guitar was joining in. Arabella was still chuckling lightly but she reached out, grabbing his hand and tugging him down next to her so that he was slumped down on the sofa, too.

"You said you always keep your word, show me what you're after. I thought you promised me the world, tell me what you're after," Arabella sang to Harry, holding onto his chin lightly with her thumb and index finger as he laughed, pushing her away gently.

"When'd I promise you the world?" He asked with a small laugh, an eyebrow raised.

She shrugged, "Don't think you ever did. Upsetting, honestly," she clicked her tongue in mock disappointment and Harry only laughed more.

"I'll get you the world. I promise," he beamed – dimples making indents in either sides of his cheeks as Arabella only chuckled, shaking her head in amusement.

"So... To what do I owe this pleasure?" The younger raised an eyebrow over at him.

He shrugged this time, "Figured I'd take you out for..." he glanced at his watch, "– supper. Then go explore. Drive around. Be dumb."

"You're dumb enough by yourself."

"Rude."

"It's true, and you know it."

"... Yeah. Yeah, I'm kinda dumb," he relented; earning a smug grin from the younger. He scoffed then, "Oh piss off."

"You're the one in my flat!" Arabella protested with a laugh.

"You know what I meant!" He shot back, biting down on his bottom lip to contain the grin that threatened to make itself known on his handsome face.

It was ridiculous, honestly. How just seeing her smile would instantly make him want to smile. How seeing her after a bad day would make him slightly okay – even if it was just through a laptop screen and a shitty webcam. How he'd feel kinda incomplete while without her, but then feel whole again once he was in her presence. He reckoned it was just because she was his other half – and she really was. Every good memory, bad memory, basically every memory had her starring in them.

"Why are you staring at me, doofus?" Arabella asked in a teasing tone, a half grin on her lips.

"You're just so... You," he settled on replying, not even fully knowing what he was trying to say with the specific sentence that came out of his lips.

She breathed a chuckle, "Thanks. I try."

"That's not what I meant," Harry laughed lightly as he shook his head. "It's like, I dunno. We've been best mates for so long that I just, I can't imagine life without you, if that makes sense. You've been there for everything and I want you to be there for everything else, too."

"'S like you're trying to make me sign a blood pact, or something," Arabella joked and Harry chortled.

"'M not, promise."

"Good, because I'm not signing any bloody pact with you – pun intended."

Harry stared at her for a moment, then he was dissolving into a fit of giggles, bringing his large hands to cover his face as he felt the embarrassment of the joke for her. "And people say my jokes are bad."

"That's because your jokes are the worst jokes ever!" Arabella gaped, like she still couldn't believe that Harry thought his jokes were good. His jokes were good, okay. Some of them. No, not really. They all sucked. "They all suck. I know you're thinking it, too."

"Yeah, they do," he sighed in dejection, before he was grinning again. "The one about the little old lady is good, though."

"What?"

"Wait," Harry gasped over dramatically over at her confused face. "I haven't told you that one?!"

"I don't think so..."

"Okay, this is great." He beamed. "Alright... Knock knock."

"Oh God..."

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Little old lady," Harry was practically bouncing in his seat now, a massive grin on his face.

Arabella eyed him warily, "Little old lady who?"

"... I didn't know you could yodel," he delivered, then his smile was so big before he was clutching his stomach as he laughed madly, hitting the cushions on the sofa as he did so.

"I..." she started before she sighed, shaking her head and getting to her feet. "I give up."

"That was funny!" He protested to her figure walking away from him; to her bedroom, probably.

"No, Harry. Just... No. That was... Jesus Christ, I can't even comprehend, like, why...? Oh God. I'm gonna go change," she mumbled, shaking her head as she glanced over her shoulder to glance at him while she spoke.

"Oh come on!" Harry whined. "That was funny! The crowd laughed!" She only shook her head again and Harry gasped over dramatically, "That was funny, Ara!"

"That was stupid."

"You're stupid."

"Your face is stupid."

"... Touché, Arabella. Touché."

+

Harry and Arabella were laying on their backs on the hood of Harry's Audi, where it was parked at a high point somewhere in London that made it seem like they really weren't in London, at all. They could see most of the city from where they were; the bright lights from buildings and street lamps illuminating the night that was only illuminated by the natural moonlight.

It was already half four in the morning, and surprisingly: neither of the two were tired enough to head back to their respective flats to get a night's rest. The three cups of coffee that they'd downed probably played a part in that. Funny thing was neither of them really liked coffee. Tea over coffee – any day and everyday. But they'd only left Arabella's flat at half eleven in the evening and whilst halfway through their supper, they were both starting to yawn – since yawning was contagious and all – thus came in the coffee.

It was just like old times.

Them talking about nothing and everything. Jumping from topics like how some words were so weird and didn't sound real once they were repeated twenty or so times, then to topics like how one day, the earth was going to cease to exist because of the humans destroying the bloody atmosphere with pollution and stuff.

That was their friendship in a whole, really. They could talk about anything and everything, and they trusted each other with their lives because they knew that the other would never ever betray them. It worked. They could not talk for months on end – perhaps they were both too busy to even send the other a text – but when they did eventually talk, it was like they never stopped.

Harry turned his head so that his cheek was resting against the hood of the car and he was looking at the girl next to him. She was staring up at the sky, though she didn't seem to be seeing anything. She was just... Staring. Thinking.

"What are you thinking about?" The elder asked softly.

She hummed in response, turning to look at him. He repeated his question. Arabella shrugged lightly, smiling softly at him before she turned back to look at the night sky. "Do you think we'll be friends forever?"

"Yeah, of course."

"No, I mean, like. Really. Friends till we die, that sort of thing," she spoke again, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "It's a bit scary, don't you think?"

"What is?"

"The future."

Harry turned his head so that he, too, was staring at the night sky. "I guess so."

"The whole 'not knowing where you're going to end up' thing. Scares the shit out of me," she laughed lightly. "Like, I could literally die tomorrow and I wouldn't even know it's gonna happen because... It's tomorrow. Future."

"Well, technically... It's already tomorrow, soooo," he trailed off with a cheeky grin before he let out a laugh when the back of the younger's hand came in contact with his chest. "But I know what you mean. Scares me, too. A lot."

"But until then... You and I, till the end?" Arabella asked, propping an arm up with her pinky propping up; her head turning so that she was looking at him.

Harry did the same – wrapping his pinky around hers as he turned to look at her, too. "Till the end, Ara." He grinned at her. "Till the fuckin' end."
♠ ♠ ♠
♫ ► One Direction || Diana
♫ ► There For Tomorrow || A Little Faster

thank you to TheBestIsYetToComexx, halcyondays and LadySyndra for commenting!

massive thanks to anyone else who's recommended and/or subscribed! :) x

ps: i've got another Harry Styles fic so you can check that out, if you'd like to. thank you if you do. if you don't want to... thank you for reading this, anyway. :) x

{ unedited – I apologise for any spelling and/or grammar errors }