Status: I've re-written the first chapter and hopefully improved it!

Immortal Imprint

When I look into your eyes

Fire would be the best way for Nova to describe it. A low burning rush of embers rapidly taking possession of her body; alighting every fibre of her being until all that was pure and living in her was ignited and permanently incinerated.

The flames sent surging throughout her thoughts, burning everything in their wake- leaving everything burnt charcoal black. Smoke filled her lungs making it impossible to breathe; every scream and cry becoming more inaudible then the one that came before it. Her whole body convulsed and jerked violently beyond her control, as if to shake off the unbearable pain and put out the fire nobody else could see.

She was a slave to the sensation of those burning embers, helplessly watching what little mortality remained in her, wither away like ashes drifting feebly in the wind.

That’s when she heard him, in a time when she needed him most. His yells of distress on her behalf, rising above the flames and smoke. Acting like a wave of water battling with the blaze; soothing and subduing the fire until only the blisters remain.

And it was in that moment –knowing Paul was safe and somewhere close by her side- that she drew her last shallow breath; her eyes darting open to see every particle of dust that floated gently in the air above her, her ears listening effortlessly to the sounds of nature which should only be heard up-close and her nose engulfing the scents and smells that made up the world, zoning in strongly on one certain smell in particular.

The one smell that sent a drive of thoughts and feelings to the full-front of her mind, and what felt like a pit of lava erupting in her throat.

Instantaneously flitting up to be confronted with the golden eyes of the Cullen’s and physically shaking frame that of Paul, memories of the blinding headlights and ear-shattering horn came flooding back to Nova.

"Are you sure I can't persuade you to stay?" Paul seductively asked close to Nova's ear, his warm breathe making her physically shiver which he felt through the thin material of her top as his arms wrapped tightly around her middle, pulling her into him as he reluctantly followed along behind her as she headed towards her car.

"Nope," she replied, a sly smirk growing on her face as she noticed Paul's hold on her tighten as she opened up the car door. "Mum's making my dad's favorite meal to honor the anniversary of his death tomorrow."

The words slipped out of her mouth so naturally that if it wasn't for Paul's arm significantly tensing and a few still and silent seconds passing, Nova wouldn't have noticed the profundity of what she had just said. Thoughts of tomorrow and of her father instantly removed the playful smirk Paul had created merely moments ago from Nova's face, instead replacing it with a mournful solemn frown.

Sensing the pain his beloved imprint felt, Paul began nuzzling his face into the crook of Nova's neck- knowing that it was in times like these that he needed to be mindful of her feelings rather then selfish of his own.

"Sorry," he sincerely spoke, his voice coming out muffled as his lips never lost contact with her soft blood-warmed skin. "You're right, you should get going before it gets any darker. You never know what kind of creatures could be lurking in the darkness."

The heart-warming sound of Nova's involuntary giggle instantly lifted the dark cloud that had formed upon the beyond loved-up pair and soon Nova had twisted around in Paul's arm, swiftly connecting his lips with her own.

Fire would be the best way for Nova to describe it; the heat she felt burning within herself whenever she and Paul were intimate in even the slightest of ways.

"I think you and I both know exactly what kind of creatures lurk in the darkness," Nova mused quietly when their heated kiss finally broke, but with their faces still close and foreheads gently resting against one anothers. "One of which is standing in-front of me right now."

"Baby, I'm no creature. I'm a pure-blooded animal."

Laughing as Paul removed his arms from around her waist and flexed his arm muscles egotistically, Nova took the opportunity of being free from his grasp to slide into her car and place the key in the ignition. "Well, Mr. Pure-blooded animal, am I right in assuming you'll be racing me home again tonight?"

Paul pushed closed the door of Nova's car, mockingly stretching out his arms and legs whilst he waited patiently for her to unwind her window.

"Hardly a race, is it babe?" he cheekily said, poking his head through the window and swiftly kissing Nova goodbye.

Making sure he put enough space between him and the car, Nova watched as Paul flashed her his famous boyish grin, before phasing into the striking wolf-form that she had grown accustomed to seeing him in.

Stealing sideways glances into the tree covered forest, Nova rarely caught sight of Paul as he followed closely behind her just to put his mind at ease that she had made it home safely.

However tonight, she noticed that he began running closer along side to the road then he ever had done before. Taking the rare opportunity to see him in all his magnificent glory, Nova became fixated; absentmindedly casting her eyes over every dark-grey fur covered inch of him, admiring the way his four extremely muscular legs worked perfectly in unison to spur him on at such high velocity.

Abandoning any attention she had previously paid to the road, Nova was suddenly blanketed by bright lights flooding throughout her car- blinding her when she instantly trained her line of sight back onto the road and the on-coming car. The constant beeping of their horn symbolizing it was Nova who had seemingly crossed over into the opposing lane.

The screaming. The crashing. The darkness. The howling.


Nova quickly put the pieces together in her head before realizing then and there what had happened, and what she had ultimately become.

The creature she had heard Paul and the rest of the Uley Pack talk about destroying on multiple occasions- the creature that she had in-turn grown to despise.

All the golden gazes that met hers held apprehensiveness; all having experienced the instant urges for themselves after transforming into the monster she now was. But it was Paul's eyes she was searching for, the loving and comforting eyes she always looked to in times of upset and worry.

When she finally found them, she was relieved to see that very same warmth towards her was still held within them, although his inward struggle with himself to meet her gaze hadn't gone unnoticed. Nor had the new component that was added to the mixture his brown eyes possessed.

It wasn't until Edward sternly warned Paul that he should wait outside before he did something that he regretted, that Nova painfully learnt what that new component was; hatred.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you actually took the time to read this first chapter in my new story then thank you so much!
Please let me know what you think and whether or not you think I should continue with it?