Forever and Always

Forever And Always

He's sitting at the table, the hours get later
He was supposed to be here
He's sure he would have called
He waits a little longer, there's no one in the driveway
No one's said they've seen him
Why, is something wrong?


Andy sat at the kitchen table, staring absently at the dinner that was now cold and continually getting colder. Where was Ashley...? He knew he said he'd be late for dinner, but this was too late...
"I'll be home by 9." Ashley had promised before kissing Andy goodbye that morning. But it was already 11:35... He bit his lip and looked at the clock, then back out the window. The driveway was bare and dark, the only light being the one on in the kitchen and the dim street lamp across the street. Andy grabbed the phone and dialed friend after friend.
"Jake, have you seen Ashley?" Andy asked urgently after trying 6 other people.
"No... Last I saw he was leaving work earlier. Why?" Andy fell silent. "Andy? Whats going on? Is something wrong?"
Andy hung up, sitting back down and staring out the window worriedly. He pushed away any thought other than traffic holding him up, and convinced himself that nothing had happened. Or at least, he tried...

He looks back to the window
Suddenly the phone rings
A voice says something's happened
That he should come right now


Andy heard the phone ring and raced to answer it.
"Hello? Ashley?" He answered.
"Mr. Biersack? This is the LA Hospital." Andy blinked back tears as he listened, the pause being endless. "It's your fiance, Mr. Purdy. You need to come, as soon as you can." She hung up and left Andy rummaging through his coat pockets for his keys and ran to the car. His eyes stung with tears as he fumbled to get the keys in to start the car. He feared the worst, but refused to believe it. Ashley would be okay. He would. Andy knew he would.. He had to be.

His mind goes to December
He thinks of when he asked him
He bent down on his knees first
And he said: I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together
Forever and always


Andy glanced down at the glistening ring, the memories of his previous birthday just a few months ago.
"Ash? Babe, why are we stopping?" Andy frowned at his boyfriend, who had stopped and turned to look at him during their walk along the pier. Ashley smiled lovingly and ran his thumb tenderly below the boys sparkling blue eye.
"You're gorgeous..." he whispered. Andy blushed and looked down at his feet.
"I am n- What are you doing?" Andy noticed Ashley took a step back and pulled something from his pocket before kneeling down on one knee, staring up at Andy with his honey brown eyes.
"Andy, I love you... You know me better than anybody on the earth, and you know I love you more than anything..." he started after a shaky breath and a nervous, light laugh.
"Ash.." Andy breathed in disbelief.
"Andrew Dennis Biersack, I want you. I want you forever, and always. Through everything- the good, the bad, the ugly- everything. I mean it when I say forever, too. I want to grow old together and wake up to your beautiful smile every morning. Will you-" He presented the small diamond ring.
"Yes!" Andy squealed happily, tears pouring down his cheeks as Ashley slid the ring on. Ashley stood up and threw his arms around Andy, holding him tight.
"I love you so, so much." He whispered, kissing him lovingly.
"I love you too. Never leave my side." Andy said softly.
"I promise, I never will."

"You promised, Ashley..." Andy cried quietly, the hospital lights blurring together as he parked in the parking lot to go see his fiance.

He pulls up to the entrance
He walks right to the front desk
They lead him down a million halls, a maze that's never ending
They talk about what happened but he can barely hear them
He tries to keep a straight face as he walks into the room
He sits by his bedside, holds his hand too tight
They talk about the kids they're gonna have and the good life
The house on the hillside, where they would stay


"What happened to him?" Andy croaked as the same nurse that called earlier led him to the room.
"Well, he was driving and his car was T-Boned by a drunk driver that didn't stop at the intersection... he's in critical condition, and we're not sure if he's going to make it through the night..."
Andy blocked the words out. He couldn't bare to hear it. Ashley would be okay! He promised he'd never leave him! He promised...
Andy went into the room, the steady beep tugging at his heart as he held his lovers pale hand.
"A-Ash?" He whispered brokenly.
Ashleys eyes opened and he smiled weakly, squeezing his hand slightly.
"Hey, angel...I was thinking... If I don't make it..."
"Ashley, you're going to be okay..." Andy insisted, tears threatening to fall.
"I want you to find your dream house on the hillside that you always talked to me about... Adopt a kid, maybe, have a good life..." he said softly.
"Ashley, no, no you promised you stay with me. You promised you'd never leave!" He whimpered. Ashley reached his shaking hand up to wipe the tears from the boys eyes.
"Sh, don't cry, darling... you'll be okay without me..." he continued to smile. How could he still be smiling?! He was dying and he sat there... smiling... "You'll find a way to live a happy life... promise you'll do that for me..."
Andy nodded, the tears still falling. "I promise..." he whispered shakily.

Stay there forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether rich or for poor or for better
We'll still love each other, forever and always


Andy held his hand tightly, crying into his chest as he listened to each ragged breath drawn in and exhaled out.
"Our wedding was supposed to be next week..." Ashley said softly. "It would have been absolutely perfect... I bet you'd look impossibly more angelic than you do now..."
"Shut up.." Andy laughed through his tears. "I look horrible..."
"No.. you look beautiful... absolutely perfect." Ashley insisted.

Then he gets an idea and calls in the nurses
Brings up the chaplain and he says a couple verses
He borrows some rings from the couple next door
Everybody's laughing as the tears fall on the floor
He looks into his eyes, and he says:
I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether happy or sad or whatever
We'll still love each other, forever and always
Forever and always, forever and always


Andy was grateful that the couple in the room next door were kind enough to lend them their wedding rings. He knew as well as anybody that Ashley would... die... but he wasn't letting him go without making it all official. He called in family and friends and the nurses and doctors and told Ashley the plan. They both recited their vows, and everyone began to cry- even Ashley. They slid the rings on and Andy kissed Ashley lovingly, passionately. "Please don't leave me..." he whispered finally after breaking for air. Ashley stared into his eyes.
"I wish I didn't have to, angel." He whispered weakly.

He finishes the vows but the beeps are getting too slow
His voice is almost too low
As he says, I love you forever, forever and always
Please just remember even if I'm not there
I'll always love you, forever and always


The nurse let Andy stay as long as he needed to say goodbyes. Andy stared at his husband's closed eyes, listening to the beeps that had gone from a slow pace to a steady, long, agonizing and drawn out ring. He choked on his tears as he kissed his lovers cold lips.
"I'll love you forever... forever and always..." He sang brokenly. "Through the good and the bad and the ugly..." Andy stared at his lifeless body of the man he loved more than life with glassy eyes that were bloodshot from tears. "I love you so much, Ashley... You promised..." he sobbed into his hands. It was finally over. Their life together was so short... and it was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SOBBING OH MY GOD ;-; I'm sorry I wrote a sad oneshot but this song is so full of feelings that i just couldn't stop myself oh my god

oh my god i need tissues