Status: First fic, helpful hate only please!

Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms

CRASH!
The small black and tan kitten scrambled to his paws at the sudden noise. After glancing around to see his friends were still asleep, he lay back down on his plush blue cat bed, snuggling up to his torn stuffed bear. It was a few minutes later when the loud, grumbling sound came again. The kitten perked up, the sound was coming from outside. After letting out a few mews to wake up one of the other kittens with no luck, he cautiously walked to the wide glass door leading to the backyard, stumbling on his over-sized paws on the way. The kitten looked through the glass just as thick drops of water began to pound onto the pavement and a flash of bright white light illuminated the dark night sky. Startled, the kitten stumbled backwards and ran back towards his bed. He grabbed his teddy bear and ran to the blond kittens bed, dropping his teddy bear near the foot of the purple plush bed in favor to start kneading the kittens back. "Zack" he whispered, voice trembling. "Zack!" he said a little louder. The blonde opened one piercingly green eye before answering. "What?" he hissed, not appreciating being woken up. Feeling a little shy after Zack`s rude tone, the kitten barely whispered out, "I`m scared of whats outside..." Zack sighed. "Jack, it`s just a thunderstorm, go back to sleep." Zack replied in a nicer tone then his previous one, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep once again. Jack nodded, picking up his teddy bear and slowly making his way back to his own bed. He set down his teddy bear and snuggled into it, burying his face in it just as another loud crack sounded from the sky. Jack couldn`t handle it anymore. He let out a terrified meow, successfully waking up Alex. "Jack? Are you okay?" the small brown kitten asked from his own plush black bed. Jack quickly grabbed his teddy bear and ran over to Alex, dropping his teddy bear in favor of cuddling into Alex`s side. "No," Jack mumbled, burying his head into Alex`s back as the rain began to splash harder against the roof. Alex didn`t need to ask what was wrong, the way Jack trembled at every crack of thunder and let out a soft mew at every flash of lightning told him enough. Forgetting about his teddy bear, Jack snuggled further into Alex`s side, instantly feeling comfort and beginning to drift off to sleep. Alex waited for Jack to fall asleep before he did, offering him some words of comfort whenever he began to tremble. Once he knew Jack was asleep, he began to feel himself drifting off as well, licking Jacks paw closest to his face before he surrendered to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Points for trying?