Starting Over

1/?

"Welcome to the future; dream a little bigger." -You Me At Six

Entry 81: And everything that was bad in the world stopped for only 3 minutes and 45 seconds as the lyrics to my life song played through the sky blue skullcandy headphones. I wasn’t perfect nor was I terrible, but it just seemed that nothing I did could show those around me as I walked past that I was someone to watch out for; that somewhere in the upcoming future, I could be the greatest…someone famous who could be a tough act to follow.

Entry 93: Life is still the same yet there is something in the air; something big. I have no idea what it could be, but I am hoping that it will be something that can take me away from here.

Entry 200: Life is changing for me.


I looked at the entries in my journal from over the years of my life, of the memories that came with them. The last one was everything in my life changed. I’m still deciding if it was for the best or the worst. I did however become a tough act to follow. How? I used to write original songs whenever my life deemed need be. It seems that someone found one of the songs I was brave enough to demo on YouTube. Everything picked up after that, I became the most-sought after songwriter for whoever needed. But as my mother used to say “When there are ups, there are also downs” too bad, I didn’t know until a few weeks earlier. I had the perfect relationship, but it seems he was acting around our friends and became the monster that is feared in movies. I had come up with a new life quote “Where there is a down, there will always be more”. My new friends stopped talking to me and my father was placed in jail for another DUI. He started after my mother passed. The only upside to everything is that one song that I still played by my favorite band You Me At Six which was Fresh Start Fever.

I just have to dream a little bigger as the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years become another unknown into the future. I think my new life motto should be that “Although there are some downs, so long as you dream a little bigger there is nothing in the world that could ever put you down.”