Status: 1/1

Coward

1

"Hey Pete."

"Hey."

The two men stood in awkward silence the younger staring intently at his feet while the older looked pointedly past him.

"Joe said you wanted to tell me something," the older man said through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, I, uh- Fuck I'm sorry ok? I didn't know you felt like, you know, how you felt."

"You made that pretty clear already Patrick, is that what you dragged me all the way over here for?"

"Pete come on don't be like this," the younger pleaded. "I just want us to be normal again, I'm really trying here."

"Don't do that. Don't you dare fucking do that!" Pete screamed not giving a shit what Patrick's neighbors must have thought. Fuck them. Fuck Patrick. "Fuck you Patrick! I gave you everything I put my heart on the line and you crushed it until there was nothing left."

"Pete please-"

"No! 'You didn't know' that's shit and we both know it you're just a coward. So you know what let the whole world think I'm some egotistical asshole who broke up the band because at the end of the day you, Joe, Andy, and I know the truth. You're the asshole."

"Pete, please don't do this!" Patrick pleaded tears streaming down his face.

"I'm done falling for your tears, Patrick, find someone else. I thought I meant something to you, but I guess I was wrong. You just needed a warm body that's what you said, right?"

"I was drunk I lo-"

But before Patrick could finish his sentence Pete's fist connected with his jaw sending him stumbling backwards.

"I like you better drunk at least then you're honest."

"I came out to my family. My parents want to have you over for dinner. That's what I wanted to tell you. I love you Pete, I always have, I always will." But Patrick was speaking to an empty room because Pete was right he was a coward and cowards never chase after the ones they love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just some random breakup drabble