Status: Indefinite Hiatus...

Redesign the Broken

Time & Confusion

“I guess you could call me that, accurate I suppose,” playing it cool (because he’s just like that), he continued, “Not from around here? Accent, hm… Australian?”
“Spot on.” She mumbled, her brain still reeling over the fact that she’d addressed him with such a horrible and embarrassing entry. Where did her fiery personality go?
“You look like you could use a hand.”
“Uh, yeah that’d be great. Thank you.” Almost a whisper, come on. You’re confident, I know you are.

On the outside, her face was blank, much like his. Already a little alike, hey?
On the inside, though, her mind couldn’t seem to keep a straight path of thoughts: What the hell?! It’s him. Wow, he’s cute up close. He’s across the hall from me?! Why am I so shy? Wait, he’s in my apartment. SNAP OUT OF IT. Small mental battle with her conscience.

Finally becoming acquainted with her keys, she pried open the door and let the two of them into her tiny, empty space. Well, empty aside from the standard layout: Small couch, small tv, small kitchen… Undersized.

Heaving her suitcases into the first door on the left, she ditched them in the middle of the room to be ‘payed attention to later’. The room itself was… Roomy. Average size accompanied by a double bed, desk and two bedside tables.

Now, I suppose it’s a matter of opinion but she loved it. It was simplistic, just like her outer exterior.

Pacing back into the main room, she was greeted with the sight of the blue eyed male spinning in slow circles, looking as though he was trying to map out where all of her possessions were hidden.
“None of it is here.” She mumbled, a breathed laugh hinting in the undertone.
“What?”
“My stuff. None of it is here, well… Yet.”
“What do you mean? I thought you lived here?”
“Yeah, I do. Starting from today. I just moved in.” Smirking, the short-compared-to-his-stature female giggled a little, walking to the kitchen.
“Oh.” His face flushed red, pure embarrassment.
As her smile grew, so did her curiosity. Her mind was finally beginning to piece together the events of earlier, also piecing together where she knew him from: Airport, screaming girls, band member.

“Hey um, are you in a band by any chance?

HIM
“Hey um, are you in a band by any chance?”

His eyes widened in shock. She knows who I am, oh no no no.
“Uh, yeah. Yeah I am, why’s that?” If he were wearing boots, he’d be shaking in them, possibly enough to cause a small earthquake.
“Just wondering, I swear I’ve seen you somewhere…” Her voice trailed off, her mind pondering every little detail and every conceivable story to jog her memory.
“Probably. Do you know a band called You Me at Six?”
“Yeah, sounds familiar bu- wait… No. No way. Drummer. You. What?!”

He was scared to say the least. Her voice went from light and fluffy to frantic in a second and he was utterly confused as to how to react.

“Yep. That’s me. Look, I’m just going to come out with it: I saw you in Melbourne,” The blonde girl giggled at his accent and the way ‘Melbourne’ sounded but he continued regardless, “that prissy desk attendant, the sarcastic comments, the way you fired back at her. I saw you at the gate when we were boarding and I saw you at the gate when we landed. I saw you get indirectly battered by our fans and I know you saw me too. I saw you waiting for a taxi at the terminal and I also saw you space off just before I left. Call me creepy or whatever, but you seemed to just pop up everywhere, not that I’m complaining.”

“Hold on, you saw me in Melbourne?... You were at the desk next to me. I saw you damn smirking at me while I was being scrutinized by that stupid woman.” Her head tipped back and she laughed, her breath faltering in the process.

To say this girl mesmerized him was a genuine understatement. Captivated, fascinated even. Maybe his conscience was on the right track?

“Look, I know you just got in but do you want to chill out at mine? I’ve got a few drinks and there’s movies and whatnot. You look like you could take a break.” He smiled sincerely.

Whether fate was in his favour or not, he was going to take the risk. His dream girl could be standing directly in front of him and somehow, in a handful of minutes, those personal promises he’d made 4 years ago began to scatter like a pack of horses in a storm. 
The best part, though? This time, he didn’t even care about collecting them all over again.

Maybe he was in too deep a little too fast, but I can tell you now; He couldn’t care less.

Finally letting go buddy, treat her right.

HER
For some reason, the walk across the hall felt like hours although it was only about 6 steps. I’m in way over my head here.

Consumed by her thoughts once again, her head involuntarily dropped and the carpet in the drummer’s living room became exceptionally interesting.

“Drink or food? I don’t mean to brag but I’m a particularly good cook when I want to be.” Her head raised just in time to see that famous lop-sided smirk creep onto his face. Maybe he was just trying to lighten the mood?
She was sure that he saw her tearing up outside her door, but she would never want to make sure of that. Humiliating.

“Um, no. Nah, I’m good.” I could see it in her eyes, her posture; she was uncomfortable. She wasn’t used to the attention and it was too early to decide whether or not she liked it.
“Right, movie then? There’s a fair few in there, pick whatever.” She found comfort in his smile. It always seemed authentic, honest.

Taking slow, careful steps towards his living area, she pried open the small cabinet underneath the tv and began to flick through the broad spectrum of tv series’ and movies. Almost instantly, she spotted the cover for ‘Gossip Girl’ season 1 and attempted to hold back a laugh but failed miserably, essentially attracting the attention of the young man retrieving a bottle of coke from the fridge.

“Guilty pleasure, I’m not ashamed.” He laughed, raising both hands in defense whilst simultaneously juggling the bottle in his right hand. Man of many talents apparently.
“No no, it’s fine. I happen to love Gossip Girl. So, with that being said; Marathon?”
She was pleasantly surprised at the glow his face developed and the once dim light in his eyes began to shine a bit brighter.
“You’re great!” He exclaimed.

And with that, the next few hours were spent watching American teen drama.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title cred goes to Anberlin !