Status: Finished :) Currently writing the sequel.

The Black Parade

The Ghost Of You

We had been walking for another hour or so, and I still couldn’t see the city in the distance.

“I thought it was closer than this” I frowned.

“Yeah, it is supposed to be” Frank looked equally as confused as I was. That was until in the distance we saw a pile of rubble.

That pile of rubble was our city.

Without thinking, we had all broken into a run. What had happened whilst we were away?
I was running so fast it only took me ten minutes until I started running over ash and tripping over bricks. From the looks of it, the city had been on fire. There was no one here. It was ghostly silent, as if the city had been abandoned years ago.

“Jack!” Ray called, running to me. I turned to see Gerard helping Frank, whose limp had gotten worse.

“What happened?” I asked him, not thinking that he didn’t know either.

“Your guess is as good as mine” He answered. “It looks like someone set it on fire.”

“We need to search for survivors!” Gerard called behind us. I started to walk through the rubble. It felt like years ago I had woken up here, and now it was destroyed.

“Hel-Help!” I heard someone cry weakly. I ran to where it came from.

“Hello?!” I yelled. “Where are you?” I heard coughing and a cry which I couldn’t understand. I started to rummage through the rubble, finding one of the men that had offered to look after this place flinching in the light.


“What happened?” I gasped, seeing he was covered in burns. I frantically tried to get him out. He coughed some more, before hoarsely saying: “fire”

“What do you mean, fire?” I asked, finally dragging him out of the rubble. His leg looked torn apart, but the rest of his body seemed fine.

“Who set the city on fire?”


“A-A...Fallen A-Angel” He answered, his eyes rolling.


“No!” I shook him, but he was unconscious.

“Jack?” Ray climbed over the debris. “Gerard and Frank can’t find anyone. Neither can I...Alex?” He knelt down beside me.


“He said a Fallen Angel set the city on fire” I explained bitterly.

“Well, he’s gone now” He said.

“And so is Imperfectus” I sighed. I stood up, looking over the city once more. One question clouded my mind, like the smoke that had once plagued these streets.

What will happen now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so that's the end of this one, on a complete cliffhanger because I am mean and can't write proper endings aha. Anyway yes, a sequel is on the way. Thanks for commenting, recommending, subscribing, bothering to actually read this etc etc. The sequel might take a while to upload, in fact it might not be until the summer holidays, because then I will have enough time to sit and write. I hope you've enjoyed the first one and wow I like to talk a lot.

I will see you soon! :D